• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Democratic Presidential primaries 2016

Future Irish Leader

I know I know 2016 is almost 4 years away, but it's never too early to start thinking about Obama's successor. The front runner as of now is Hillary Clinton but the question is does she want it ? The Vice president is talking about running but will be too old at 74 upon inauguration in 2013, bearing in in mind Reagan was 77 when he actually left office and Biden would be 82. The other candidates seem to be Andrew Cuomo and Martin O'Malley. Kirsten Gillibrand the senator from New York might run if Hillary doesn't.

RobertW

I think Billary's time will come in 2016.

One thing I noticed at the end of the last campaign was Bill's seemingly tireless campaigning for Obama.

This, I believe, was done obviously to secure Obama's reelection but also to give Hlllary a run at 2016.

It's difficult to remove the incumbent President and in 2016 there will be two new challengers.

With the Republicans in a mess the Democrats can achieve a third victory in a row in 2016

Future Irish Leader

I think Billary's time will come in 2016.

One thing I noticed at the end of the last campaign was Bill's seemingly tireless campaigning for Obama.

This, I believe, was done obviously to secure Obama's reelection but also to give Hlllary a run at 2016.

It's difficult to remove the incumbent President and in 2016 there will be two new challengers.

With the Republicans in a mess the Democrats can achieve a third victory in a row in 2016
I agree, I think Clinton trying almost single handedly trying to save Obama after the first debate means Obama owes the Clintons big time and Obama will talk Biden out of running and endorse Hillary early and actively campaign for her.

Boy M5

Hilary is very divisive. This cpmes across in "Race of a lifetime" about Dems 2007/8 primaries.

Dame_Enda

Ones to watch.

- Newark Mayor Corey Booker
- NY Governor Andrew Cuomo
- Hillary
- VP Biden
- Son Beau Biden
- Julian Castro
- Tim Kaine
- Mark Warner

Future Irish Leader

I think Bill will push Hillary to run with some line "like the country needs you" There's no hiding the
fact Hillary wants to be the first woman president.

R3volution_R3ady

America will be finished by 2016.

No need to look for another candidate.

H.R. Haldeman

Hillary will be 69 in 2016. Word is she's absolutely shagged after 4 years at State. I'm not sure that in her 70th year she'll think she has it in her.

titmouse

It'll be Rubio/Christie vs Gillibrand/Warner. You heard it here first.

R3volution_R3ady

wombat

I think Bill will push Hillary to run with some line "like the country needs you" There's no hiding the
fact Hillary wants to be the first woman president.
If the economy turns around, there will be a contest for the nomination, if it doesn't, whoever wants the nomination can have it.

firefly123

The US is 15 trillion dollars in debt. China could turn the lights off tomorrow morning....

Not so rubbish after all. This is very real, and very frightening....

Economic armageddon is coming....and all because you wouldn't listen to reason.

Why would china want to destroy their biggest market? They either sink or swim together. Also the US has by far the biggest military in the world so if they tell china to fück off then china will not be able to say boo.
Go stock up your bunker or move to Galts gulch or rapture or wherever people like you go so you can laugh at the end of the world.

R3volution_R3ady

Why would china want to destroy their biggest market? They either sink or swim together. Also the US has by far the biggest military in the world so if they tell china to fück off then china will not be able to say boo.
Go stock up your bunker or move to Galts gulch or rapture or wherever people like you go so you can laugh at the end of the world.
The US cannot sustain being the policemen of the world so their military might is irrelevant because they cannot finance it. They're trillions of dollars in debt. Is this to be swept under the carpet?! When will mainstream economists wake up and realise that this cannot be run on debt? It's not so much as laughing at the system crumbling but more akin to saying "when will you come to your senses?". I can't decipher whether or not it's ignorance or blind arrogance....

Either way, the Austrians have predicted every mess we've fallen into, perhaps we should at least listen to what they have to say. It's not a case of being lucky, but rather a predictable consequence of bad policies which can be foreseen by a knowledgeable eye. America is undertaking such an extravagant foreign policy that they cannot control it. China has the power to turn the lights off, whether they will or not is not what is being discussed but why on Earth would the US think it is acceptable to allow themselves to get into this situation to begin with? Is this acceptable? I'm at my wits end in thinking why anyone would even suggest this to be a good position....

firefly123

The US cannot sustain being the policemen of the world so their military might is irrelevant because they cannot finance it. They're trillions of dollars in debt. Is this to be swept under the carpet?! When will mainstream economists wake up and realise that this cannot be run on debt? It's not so much as laughing at the system crumbling but more akin to saying "when will you come to your senses?". I can't decipher whether or not it's ignorance or blind arrogance....

Either way, the Austrians have predicted every mess we've fallen into, perhaps we should at least listen to what they have to say. It's not a case of being lucky, but rather a predictable consequence of bad policies which can be foreseen by a knowledgeable eye. America is undertaking such an extravagant foreign policy that they cannot control it. China has the power to turn the lights off, whether they will or not is not what is being discussed but why on Earth would the US think it is acceptable to allow themselves to get into this situation to begin with? Is this acceptable? I'm at my wits end in thinking why anyone would even suggest this to be a good position....
I'd imagine it is down to politicians trying to please everyone all the time. Tends to end badly. I just don't buy that China would turn off the tap to the US. What would be the advantage? The US keep China up and China keeps the US up. If and when China decides to cash in then the US will just say feck off and hit the big giant reset button. It might hurt for a while but the US is not going anywhere except for the Zombie apocalypse of course.

Future Irish Leader

The thread is about the democratic primaries in 2016, not about the supposed fiscal Armageddon in the US !

True Republican

if hilary decides to run she will get the nomination, she may be wrecked from decades of public life but a 2 year break from politics will reenergise her batteries.

Future Irish Leader

Could any republican beat Hillary, if the economy and Obama's popularity have recovered ?

True Republican

Could any republican beat Hillary, if the economy and Obama's popularity have recovered ?
jon huntsmann would be in with a very good chance, he would be able to appeal to independent voters as well as hispanic voters. Sadly he's too sane for a lot of the gop primary voters.