• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Denis Casey Found Guilty In Anglo Irish Bank Trial Of Conspiring To Mislead Investors And The Public

Betson

Realistically what kind of sentence can he and the others found guilty expect to get.

Wasn't it 6 years or something close to that the Garlic man got.

constitutionus

bout bleeding time.

being talked about on drivetime now.

least we can FINALLY say we locked up some criminal bankers. even if so far its only two lads from anglo and this lad from the permo.

bodes well for the next lads though at least. and if they DO get a kid glove sentance "certain people" may not be so happy to have had their trial pushed so far out.

linky from RTE for those that dont want to read the IT link.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2016/0609/794245-anglo-irish-bank-court/

Sister Mercedes

A very important verdict because it blows out of the water the notion that Anglo was a rogue bank. The whole banking establishment was rotten.

constitutionus

they were talking about it on matt coooopahs show on today fm and he did indeed ask if there was tacit gov support for the move and moves like it.

i wouldnt hold out much hope but there IS a smidge of hope this could implicate some politicans down the road.

Clanrickard

But.....but.....but the bankers they got Scot free! The Blueshirts and the FFers protected them so they did! They are all living the high life laughing at us mugs!

Sister Mercedes

The sentences will be interesting. Last time the judge 'community service' portrayed the financial regulator as some sort of James Bond villain orchestrating the fraud and the bankers were just naive patsys.

Zapped(CAPITALISMROTS)

Twitter
daxxdrake
they were talking about it on matt coooopahs show on today fm and he did indeed ask if there was tacit gov support for the move and moves like it.

i wouldnt hold out much hope but there IS a smidge of hope this could implicate some politicans down the road.
Dead right, of course they knew about it, but turned the blindest of blind eyes as befits our woeful politicians.:mad:

Boy M5

Matt Oompa Loompa ?

edifice.

Does this mean that anyone who knew of the €7.2bn transaction and never reported it are equally guilty of an offence? I mean how do you not notice €7.2bn extra in your bank account?

Boy M5

I wonder if Bowe, if given a custodial sentence, will ask to serve it in Germany.

[video=youtube;VhQwLeMcbRY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhQwLeMcbRY[/video]

Boy M5

Does this mean that anyone who knew of the €7.2bn transaction and never reported it are equally guilty of an offence? I mean how do you not notice €7.2bn extra in your bank account?
You are a presenter on RTÉ?

Jack Walsh

I'd be surprised if this isn't overturned on appeal.
While the size is exceptionally large the practise of dressing up balance sheets for year end is decades old and has been practised by almost every major institution worldwide.
I worked institutions and took calls that were quite open about it "howya, just to let you know we are year end next Friday so happy to pay up for deposits over next week " etc
Added to the fact that the move was all but waved on by the Central Bank and I'd say an appeal is a certainty.

The convictions of the previous Anglo 3 were pathetic and rightly quashed.
These ones, while dealing with higher brass will go same route.

Boy M5

I'd be surprised if this isn't overturned on appeal.
While the size is exceptionally large the practise of dressing up balance sheets for year end is decades old and has been practised by almost every major institution worldwide.
Added to the fact that the move was all but waved on by the Central Bank and I'd say an appeal is a certainty.
Doesn't that make it a (larger) conspiracy to mislead the financial markets.

edifice.

Are there Revenue issues here given the loan of €7.2bn albeit temporarily?

Crazy horse 6

Unless he serves 10 years at a very minimum this verdict means nothing. Let's not forget there are hundreds of people in the golden circle that brought down our society that are still laughing at us.

Jack Walsh

Doesn't that make it a (larger) conspiracy to mislead the financial markets.
The scale of it shouldn't matter.Either it's illegal or not.
It's established practise for decades, a grubby and misleading practise like most things financial institutions undertake but nevertheless not one that anyone has ever said was illegal, till now.

Sister Mercedes

And 8 years on from the crash, are the courts taking white collar crime seriously? Not if you're a lovely girl who stole €132,000 to pay back €90,000 she'd stolen from her previous employer.

The Circuit Court judge had described her as a “very talented young individual leaving aside her misjudgments” and said he was impressed by testimonials on her behalf. The Court of Appeal heard that she was an “accomplished musician”.
Woman who stole €132,000 from firm spared jail again despite appeal by prosecutors

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies