Denis Landy retires

Boss Croker

Website
www.shergar.com

automaticforthepeople

He is a huge loss to Labour and to Tipperary. The reality that Carrick is split 3 ways and has a smaller population than Clonmel has meant it rarely had a representative in the Oireachtas.
Denis is a decent man and I wish him and his family well and hope he recovers.

Mushroom

Boss Croker

Website
www.shergar.com
I have a massive interest in Irish politics and have had for the past half-century, yet until I read your post, I had never heard of this man.

Can you link me to any legislation that he tabled or to any significant or notable speech that he made during his time in the Seanad.

is that it?
Pompous git. Denis is extremely well known nationally, especially in the south east. You're just displaying your massive ignorance after your 'massive interest in Irish politics and have had for the past half-century'. Do you own fúckin research.

SuirView

He is a huge loss to Labour and to Tipperary. The reality that Carrick is split 3 ways and has a smaller population than Clonmel has meant it rarely had a representative in the Oireachtas.
Denis is a decent man and I wish him and his family well and hope he recovers.
Why is he "a huge loss to Tipperary"?

Mushroom

Pompous git. Denis is extremely well known nationally, especially in the south east. You're just displaying your massive ignorance after your 'massive interest in Irish politics and have had for the past half-century'.

Do you own fúckin research.

I have.

In fact, that's why I asked you the fukcing question in the first place, you witless gobsh1te.

Boss Croker

Website
www.shergar.com
I have.

In fact, that's why I asked you the fukcing question in the first place, you witless gobsh1te.
Go back to your 'quick Google' research and look up 'fúcking eejit'. I'm sure you'll find yourself there.

A Voice

I have a massive interest in Irish politics and have had for the past half-century, yet until I read your post, I had never heard of this man.

Can you link me to any legislation that he tabled or to any significant or notable speech that he made during his time in the Seanad.

A quick google turned up the following gem:-

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/pressure-on-labour-senator-denis-landy-to-report-bribe-29443625.html

is that it?
:D Man, do you know how to rain on a parade!

Uganda

Pompous git. Denis is extremely well known nationally, especially in the south east. You're just displaying your massive ignorance after your 'massive interest in Irish politics and have had for the past half-century'. Do you own fúckin research.
Well, he's not "extremely well known nationally".

He may well be a decent man for All I know.

But I genuinely don't know what he has achieved to make him a great asset to the people of Tipperary?

Mushroom

Go back to your 'quick Google' research and look up 'fúcking eejit'. I'm sure you'll find yourself there.
Officially Verified Translation: "As I am unable to identify ANYTHING of value contributed to Irish political life by ex-Senator Landy I have decided to divert readers' attention by abusing Mushroom, in the hopes that no-one will notice what a useless waste of space Senator Landy was."

former wesleyan

Well, he's not "extremely well known nationally".

He may well be a decent man for All I know.

But I genuinely don't know what he has achieved to make him a great asset to the people of Tipperary?
Greyhounds.

Ardillaun

Another unknown hero of Irish politics leaves the stage. There should be some sort of monument for these people.

edwin

This thread should have been titled "FAO Brian Crowley"
I don't think he's interested in the Seanad or any potential electoral openings in Tipperary. Nice of you to think of him though! :)

Eventualities

Pompous git. Denis is extremely well known nationally, especially in the south east.
The South-East was annexed from the rest of the country years ago.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies