• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Denis O'Brien - full page ad in sunday papers

jacko

Ad with top banner-

It's the Moriarty Tribunal's 13th Birthday

Picture of a €200 million cake

Bottom caption

"and my how those bills have grown!"

olamp

Ad with top banner-

Bottom caption

He has little to do with his money --he is just an arrogant tosser.

nicht besonders

I'd have to conclude that he attacks the tribunal because he has nothing to hide.

timfinnegan

Ad with top banner-

Bottom caption

Next week, how I gave 2 fingers to the Irish nation and became a tax resident in Portugal. Self serving ****************************** of a man.

sondagefaux

Presumably he'll be giving a donation equal to all the money spent on investigating his role in the matters examined by the tribunal.

Tomas Mor

He just wants to get it closed down--wonder why?

Report must be out soon. Would this not be contempt of court, or attempt to pervert the administration of justice ?

conservative green

The Tribunal has made a laughing stock of itself. Denis O'Brien has merely assisted it in the process. Of course, what he's doing is self-serving but anyone is entitled to defend their reputation.

olamp

Report must be out soon. Would this not be contempt of court, or attempt to pervert the administration of justice ?
All we can hope is that Judge Moriarty will not allow himself to be bullied.There will be no report published until O Brien`s "star witness" , in the shape of a Mr Andersen, gives evidence -O Brien is paying his costs I think --it was announced last April that Andersen would be appearing but he has not materialised so far!!

whataday

Brilliant businessman and entrepreneur.. He has the right to comment. Too many jealous tossers in Ireland try to topple the successful..

dalywise

Whatever the Moriarty report says, the facts remain that O'Brien received a license from the state for a miserly 15 million when the same license was in reality worth far more, maybe €250 million, maybe even more. A generous gesture by the State to O'Brien one would think. A nice little lift up to get him started in life.

But when O'Brien sold the license and he himself pocketed what's thought to be at least €200 million clear profit, did he show the same genorosity to the taxpayer? Did he pay Capital Gains Tax back to the taxpayer - the same taxpayer that made him a multi-millionaire in the first place? Does anybody know for sure?

IrishTonyo

O'Brien is a self serving arrogant ************************er and deserves to be taken down a notch or 2.

jacko

He lacks the charm of Berlusconi, doesn't he?
absolutely - the same ad by Berlosconi would have had at least two topless females jumping out of the moriarity tribunal birthday cake :lol:

darkhorse

Well said Denis, these idiots have spent €200 million and 13 years investigating nothing.
What a bunch of w*nkers we have running this nation

midlander12

I doubt this would bother him unduly, 'contempt' is his middle name. He has zero respect for the taxpayers or the law in this country, but at least he doesn't have to worry about his tax money going towards those legal bills he's so concerned about. Oh yeah, and I remember him announcing that 'the fundamentals of the Irish economy are sound' sometime in 2008.

mcdonald douglas

Well said Denis, these idiots have spent €200 million and 13 years investigating nothing.
What a bunch of w*nkers we have running this nation
The w*nkers running this nation facilitated this tax dodger in getting a licence that allowed him to print money.this guy is a phony and a fraud.

wicklowperson

O'Brien is right, and the Irish people are the gob************************es to allow these legal people to get more money than anyone they investigate!
Close them all down now for the sake of the taxpayer!!