Denis O'Brien - Someone Who Inspires

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
Not only does O'Brien not pay personal tax in Ireland he still has the moxy to attempt to tax the rest of the nation by himself from time to time with his perennial attempts at expensively asserting his ego.

I think O'Brien is one of those fellows who might be touted as wealthy but doesn't know when to stop with the ego-trips. One of those people who have access to considerable credit and who knows how much salted away but is still searching for some meaningful form of happiness.

The pursuit of that happiness for O'Brien seems extraordinarily entwined in being able to control how he is perceived, written and spoken about.

stanley

Some ego all right, lost over 500m in his pursuit of Tony O'Reilly and become the poster boy of southside Dublin

soubresauts

O'Brien's arch-enemy Gemma is in Twitter headquarters demanding they stop hosting the endless threats of violence:

Gemma is issuing a threat herself -- prison for Twitter boss Sinead McSweeney!

I note that last week McSweeney retweeted this about "Twitter Safety":
Our rules are to ensure all people can participate in the public conversation freely and safely.

Jun 6
You may not threaten violence against an individual or a group of people. We also prohibit the glorification of violence.
It seems very clear that Twitter should act immediately and do what Gemma demands.

Of course McSweeney will do everything she can to give Gemma a hard time, especially as Gemma is also putting the spotlight on McSweeney's husband Noel Whelan -- yes, that Noel Whelan, lawyer for Martin Callinan and Noirin O'Sullivan, Irish Times columnist, FFer, and all-round you-know-what.

Oh yeah, plenty of Gardai on hand at Twitter headquarters to give Gemma and her supporters a hard time. Not to mention antifa spies...

She also mentioned that she got a phone call today from Ian Bailey, another victim of police injustice.

Gemma does have a talent for making enemies, doesn't she? Twitter, Denis O'Brien, The Irish Times, RTE, Varadkar/Harris & co, the Gardai... All out to silence her.

If only Gemma had time to support Julian Assange...

LISTOWEL MAN

Gemma does have a talent for making enemies, doesn't she? Twitter, Denis O'Brien, The Irish Times, RTE, Varadkar/Harris & co, the Gardai... All out to silence her
did you see her youtube video with john waters? He reckons Easons sabotaged his book getting a proper sale

jmcc

Wagmore

Which one of her vile ramblings sound true? This should be very good.
She had a good video out in the airport last week where she was wondering how Varadkar could be contemplating house arrest for the masses on the one hand, yet airport was still open and there were zero quarantine enforcement. Nobody asking those questions of our Dear Leader.

Splodge

She had a good video out in the airport last week where she was wondering how Varadkar could be contemplating house arrest for the masses on the one hand, yet airport was still open and there were zero quarantine enforcement. Nobody asking those questions of our Dear Leader.
The one where she was removed for being racist? Btw there’s no house arrest.

Wagmore

The one where she was removed for being racist? Btw there’s no house arrest.
Did you watch video? If you had you wouldn't say that And she wasn't removed for "being racist." She was asked to leave for "taking videos." The racist accusation came the next day from DAA. BS accusation that revolved around ODoherty drawing attention to the fact that the cop that challenged her was eastern european(I think) and not Irish.

Splodge

Did you watch video? If you had you wouldn't say that And she wasn't removed for "being racist." She was asked to leave for "taking videos." The racist accusation came the next day from DAA. BS accusation that revolved around ODoherty drawing attention to the fact that the cop that challenged her was eastern european(I think) and not Irish.
She was reported that night. She’s a racist scumbag and you must be too if you’re defending her.

Wagmore

She was reported that night. She’s a racist scumbag and you must be too if you’re defending her.
I was under the impression that accusation came the next day. Link? I watched video? Are you calling her a " racist scumbag" without seeing video. I already caught Buachaill Dana out lying about that. Better hurry along and watch

Splodge

I was under the impression that accusation came the next day. Link? I watched video? Are you calling her a " racist scumbag" without seeing video. I already caught Buachaill Dana out lying about that. Better hurry along and watch
I’ve seen the video and I’ve also reported her for racism on Twitter.

soubresauts

Has been deleted- what did it say? Though don't answer if libel issues...
As I recall, she said that awful things were done to her by the Indo outfit, but she wasn't going to reveal them yet. I don't know how much it may have related to the defamation case. Possibly it also related to her husband Peter Carvosso who died a few years ago.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies