• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Denmark- not an immigrant country

MrD011

(Dansk Folkeparti DF) The Danish People's Party is the third largest party in Denmark taking 13.8% of the vote in the 2007 Parliamentary election and 12.3% of the vote in the 2011 Parliamentary election.

They hold their position as 3rd largest party despite holding the following views taken from their Party Program

1) The Danish People's Party wishes friendly and dynamic cooperation with all the democratic and freedom-loving peoples of the world, but we will not allow Denmark to surrender its sovereignty. As a consequence, the Danish People's Party opposes the European Union.

2) Denmark is not an immigrant-country and never has been. Thus we will not accept transformation to a multiethnic society. Denmark belongs to the Danes and its citizens must be able to live in a secure community founded on the rule of law, which develops along the lines of Danish culture.

so as we can see we have a "Major" political party in another EU country that not only opposes the EU but also opposes its country becoming multi-ethnic .

so my question is can Ireland learn lessons from the electoral success of this party , can we as a people learn from the Danish People who voted for these people in large enough numbers for the reasons above without being branded as racist or xenophobic , is it wrong to want an Independent country or preserve a particular type of society ?

video

Last edited:

True Republican

I support managed immigration not mass immigration, I believe that immigration polifcy should be directed at getting skilled people to come to Ireland, I also believe that Muslim immigration should be severely restricted or if that doesn't work an outright ban on muslim immigration may need to be introdued.

As for thr Danish People's party they are a bunch of economic illiterates, that is why I'd never vote for them.

Luchador

No-one cares what you have to say. You're a bigot, you don't have to steal bandwidth with these daily threads to prove it. ZOO

regnal gib 1

The Danish People's Party is the third largest party in Denmark taking 13.8% of the vote in the 2007 Parliamentary election and 12.3% of the vote in the 2011 Parliamentary election.

They hold their position as 3rd largest party despite holding the following views taken from their Party Program

1) The Danish People's Party wishes friendly and dynamic cooperation with all the democratic and freedom-loving peoples of the world, but we will not allow Denmark to surrender its sovereignty. As a consequence, the Danish People's Party opposes the European Union.

2) Denmark is not an immigrant-country and never has been. Thus we will not accept transformation to a multiethnic society. Denmark belongs to the Danes and its citizens must be able to live in a secure community founded on the rule of law, which develops along the lines of Danish culture.

so as we can see we have a "Major" political party in another EU country that not only opposes the EU but also opposes its country becoming multi-ethnic .

so my question is can Ireland learn lessons from the electoral success of this party , can we as a people learn from the Danish People who voted for these people in large enough numbers for the reasons above without being branded as racist or xenophobic , is it wrong to want an Independent country or preserve a particular type of society ?
It is wrong if you have a massive property portfolio and you want immigrants to fill them.

eoghanacht

The Danish People's Party is the third largest party in Denmark taking 13.8% of the vote in the 2007 Parliamentary election and 12.3% of the vote in the 2011 Parliamentary election.

The difference is that they'll get up off the holes and get out and do something about what they perceive are problems in their society you just start threads making claims about what the Irish people want.

Luchador

P Ryan

No-one cares what you have to say. You're a bigot, you don't have to steal bandwidth with these daily threads to prove it. ZOO
lol I noticed your location is Mexico. Bitter much that US immigration removed you promptly ??petunia

tigerben

There is a unwriting rule in the Danish Royal House that spouses cannot be from Denmark.The Queen herself is married to a French man, The crown Prince to a Australian Girl and Prince Joachim, first to a Chinese/English girl and now a French girl.

danger here

Hmmm yes those damn Vikings...

FireWolf

is it wrong to want an Independent country or preserve a particular type of society ?
It is not question "Is it wrong ?" as it is not wrong. It is question about ability. You see, if some guys come to Danes and say something like: "Hey, you are racists and xenophobes !", Danes would answer: "Go to Hell ! And even if we are racists, what you're gonna do with it ? Here, take these few DKOs ...and (buy) Danish beer for all."

On the other hand, if the same guys come to Irish people and say the same thing and Irish people send them to Hell, there is a chance that Guinness would become a German brand (a metaphor).

Twin Towers

It is not question "Is it wrong ?" as it is not wrong. It is question about ability. You see, if some guys come to Danes and say something like: "Hey, you are racists and xenophobes !", Danes would answer: "Go to Hell ! And even if we are racists, what you're gonna do with it ? Here, take these few DKOs ...and (buy) Danish beer for all."

On the other hand, if the same guys come to Irish people and say the same thing and Irish people send them to Hell, there is a chance that Guinness would become a German brand (a metaphor).
Something very Danish about that.

Trampas

Slievenaglogh

But Ireland was an 'immigrant country' for hundreds of years except for the period c.1922-2002 when we weren't an 'immigrant country' and look what happened.

ScreeOrTalus

What an impotent and childish post.

Luchador

lol I noticed your location is Mexico. Bitter much that US immigration removed you promptly ??petunia
I bet you go up to Frank Kelly and ask how Craggy Island is compared to Ballymagash.

Luchador

What a correct and factual post. I should like to kiss you very much... on your mask.

(PS. You're a very sexy Luchador)
About f*cking time!