Dennis O'Brien's Digicel Group - in serious financial trouble

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com
[redacted] is a dark man, a pretty capable fellow... not very good at corporate finance though

Even this year he was donating to the Clintons ... and of course it remains to be seen just how he go the terms he did from AIB and IBRC ... his Digicel notes often were at a 10% yield ... which in today's low interest environment is terrible for a telco/utility company
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-07-14/irish-junk-bond-kings-plot-share-sales-to-cut-12-6-billion-debt

And his New York IPO was pulled ... Dennis being subjected to the SEC with SOX and FCPA ? Woulda been fun to watch

Denis O’Brien’s Digicel faces a cocktail of risks
As he briefed bond investors this week on the “substantial risks” facing Denis O’Brien’s Digicel, CreditSights debt analyst Michael Chakardjian evoked punk band The Clash in his presentation entitled: “Should I stay or should I go now?”
In a burst of irreverence worthy of the band’s anarchic lead singer Joe Strummer, Chakardjian then stuck his boot into the Caribbean telco, which was once O’Brien’s biggest cash cow.
Digicel hires consultants to help in massive cost-cutting plan
Denis O’Brien’s Digicel Group has started an unprecedented cost-cutting plan and hired financial consultants McKinsey and Goetzpartners to help cut its massive debt burden as the mobile phone group grapples with declining earnings.
My opinion is that Digicel is gone ... I see no equity value, and only expect existing boldholders to get back below par ...I don't see [redacted]'s other pots of gold as sufficient to save it

Note:
This site politics.ie has a moderation team who are massively favorable to [redacted] and Enda Kenny - this is not the first thread I've posted on Digicel's finances ...now that it is Irish Times front page... the moderation team will be forced to leave up the article

cyp

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com
I hope you're right.
Well Politics.ie's moderation team did their damnedest to censor me and others ... the Irish Times stories speak for themselves (now that Clinton didn't win, I expect that the IT feel safe to publish)

My opinion is that it is only a matter of time

cyp

stopdoingstuff

Does anyone else think that Person A totally bribed the fk out of Person B for a certain telecommunications-related favour?

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com
I would caution all people thinking of posting on this thread, in a manner that might reflect negatively on Fine Gael and/or redacted, to be very cautious.

You are likely not aware of the cyber security of this site, or the moral character of the Moderation team - I am - and as happens are very security sophisticated , so have no need to further secure myself, loved ones, or pets - due to my postings here

cyp

Vega1447

I would caution all people thinking of posting on this thread, in a manner that might reflect negatively on Fine Gael and/or redacted, to be very cautious.

You are likely not aware of the cyber security of this site, or the moral character of the Moderation team - I am - and as happens are very security sophisticated , so have no need to further secure myself, loved ones, or pets - due to my postings here

cyp
FG's persecution of my pet rabbit is as relentless as it is futile. They don't realise that the rabbit is there as a diversion and that my hamster is all that I care about.

Can I just say that Enda is a wally, Noonan is an over promoted school teacher and that the Moriarty Tribunal report has been ignored by FG.

*CRASH* *THUD* *Hamster screams*

What have I done?

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
No. He has people for that. They are called 'Fine Gael hacks'.

gijoe

Cyp has bitten off more than he can chew now. Dinny has his hitmen on the case already I bet......

Polly Ticks

Nonsense. All the brave guys are investing heavily in Digicel... and apartments made out of ticky tacky.

Dame_Enda

Karma's a bitch

Clanrickard

cyp
This post ruins what was a decent OP.

LooseCannon

The pillaging of the INM pension pot makes a lot of sense now

I'm amazed that there has not been more reaction against it but then Ireland is a great little country to do business in ....

HereWeGoAgain

Credit Sights Research - dated Dec 14.
Behind paywall. Further comments available via namawinelake and John Gallaher NY

Digicel: 2016 London Conference Transcript
In this transcript from our December European conference, we discuss key issues and risks facing Digicel. We remain cautious on the credit and prefer investors to be underweight the name, particularly at the DGL (holdco) level.
link
https://www.creditsights.com/id/201683/noaccess?rf=0

The above on twitter:

john gallaher
‏@johngallah

@Wexboy_Value @namawinelake that report from yesterday is very negative,favoring DL opco notes to DGL holdco notes.
https://twitter.com/johngallah/status/809498828567089152

NAMAwinelake ‏@namawinelake Dec 15
NAMAwinelake Retweeted john gallaher

British debt rating firm is negative on (loss-making, balance-sheet insolvent) Digicel. Debt/profit increasing with an uncertain outlook.
https://twitter.com/namawinelake

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
From the International News Desk at EBA (TATTC)

Rumour has it that the islands of Haiti and Ireland are considering three days of mourning. Mr O'Brien appears to be running low on envelope-money.

Mad as Fish

Well Politics.ie's moderation team did their damnedest to censor me and others ... the Irish Times stories speak for themselves (now that Clinton didn't win, I expect that the IT feel safe to publish)

My opinion is that it is only a matter of time

cyp
How many threads have you had pulled and when? The fact that an athletic gentleman has the mods by the balls is well known (that's probably worth a three day ban alone) but I thought Redacted was slightly less fanatic about what was being said on here.

Mad as Fish

No. He has people for that. They are called 'Fine Gael hacks'.
I remember them well, all full of their own cleverness and superiority especially when it came to dumping on the less fortunate in society which they seemed to enjoy immensely. Not seen so much of them since the electorate delivered a verdict on the party's arrogance.

New Threads

Most Replies