• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Department of Social Protection

controller

There was a debate on the Irish Times web site where Eoghan Murphy who is the Fine Gael TD for Dublin South East, wrote an opinion piece which concluded we should be sending more children to fee-paying schools, not less.. During the debate, things moved sideways (as they do all the time on P.ie) and someone wrote:

I was recently chatting to a friend who works in the HSE. He was telling me that he was being moved to the Department of Social Protection. He was receiving training / induction to the new job.
The thrust of the teaching was to seek to ensure that applicants were to be deprived of benefits if at all possible. The tutor gave an example of his own experience in the field, of having visited a house in a particular county and how he managed to deprive the family of three different benefits. He told the class that, he “left that house a very happy man”. The class were being instructed that the policy was, to deny or delay payments and frustrate claimants to the greatest extent possible. Family Income Supplement and Rent Allowance were being particularly targeted.

He also stated later on that There would also seem to be a policy to ensure that the there is always a massive delay to the appeal process.

I have no time for fraudsters, and if they lose their benefits, that they obtain through fraud....TOUGH. But if the policy is to deprive people / families of their entitlements, something is seriously wrong with Irish society and the way it is being run. Thought please

olli rehn

The cake is getting smaller all the time.
Those at the top are getting the most, the underdog is getting the bredcrumbs.
I came across similar stories.
I think it is true that such policies are standard practices in the DoSP.
Thousands are driven out this country every day into forced emmigration with the same policies.
Yes indeed- there is something rotten in the State of Ireland.

Have a look at this link:
http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055546279
Hundreds of people report similar behaviour of the DoSP. Just go through the pages and down the years. This thing is going on for a long time.

moralhazard77

There was a debate on the Irish Times web site where Eoghan Murphy who is the Fine Gael TD for Dublin South East, wrote an opinion piece which concluded we should be sending more children to fee-paying schools, not less.. During the debate, things moved sideways (as they do all the time on P.ie) and someone wrote:

I was recently chatting to a friend who works in the HSE. He was telling me that he was being moved to the Department of Social Protection. He was receiving training / induction to the new job.
The thrust of the teaching was to seek to ensure that applicants were to be deprived of benefits if at all possible. The tutor gave an example of his own experience in the field, of having visited a house in a particular county and how he managed to deprive the family of three different benefits. He told the class that, he “left that house a very happy man”. The class were being instructed that the policy was, to deny or delay payments and frustrate claimants to the greatest extent possible. Family Income Supplement and Rent Allowance were being particularly targeted.

He also stated later on that There would also seem to be a policy to ensure that the there is always a massive delay to the appeal process.

I have no time for fraudsters, and if they lose their benefits, that they obtain through fraud....TOUGH. But if the policy is to deprive people / families of their entitlements, something is seriously wrong with Irish society and the way it is being run. Thought please
Make no mistake that is the policy now and has been for quite some time. I've heard it time and time again from a lot of different people and god help the Irish they are so good they are going along with it. They think sure someone else needs it more. It's wrong but that's the reality.
I don't know why we bother paying taxes anymore.

ManUnited

Anybody that believes that story needs their head examined.

Merovingian

I could fill the online pages with 'stories' of people systematically scamming the DSW. Christ, its simple. There are criteria that qualify you. You either do or don't qualify and in the words of the great Bill Clinton 'I think that if you can work, well then you outta work'. If that means work or training for benefits after one year on the dole trying to get work, then so be it.

niall78

I could fill the online pages with 'stories' of people systematically scamming the DSW. Christ, its simple. There are criteria that qualify you. You either do or don't qualify and in the words of the great Bill Clinton 'I think that if you can work, well then you outta work'. If that means work or training for benefits after one year on the dole trying to get work, then so be it.
Great post. What has it got to do with the OP?

corporal punishment

Care to elaborate?, with y'know an actual thought out and factually based reply.

onlyasking

I would have thought that the Dept of Social Protection is guided by legislation. I fail to see how people can be deprived of their rightful entitlements without winning their appeals.

The only commentary available is that the dept is either handing out money freely to those who aren't entitled to it or they're withholding money from those who are. It's clearly not on to acknowledge that those who work in social welfare offices do one of the most demanding jobs in the civil service, facing threats and abuse on a daily basis.

"A policy to ensure that there is always a massive delay to the appeals process".

You may have noticed that the number of people on unemployment payments has soared to unprecedented levels. You clearly haven't noticed that the number of people working on providing (withholding) payments has not risen accordingly. It's of little surprise that the level of appeals has soared, with the obvious result.

Civil servants in the line of fire again. How surprising.

tigerben

The worst thing is its the newly unemployed that is being targeted , they're the ones fighting the system , the ones that paid in to the pot of PRSI and paid their taxes. The long term dolers of pre tiger era are being left alone. This country is not for the benefit of those that have worked decades or work now.

onlyasking

The worst thing is its the newly unemployed that is being targeted , they're the ones fighting the system , the ones that paid in to the pot of PRSI and paid their taxes. The long term dolers of pre tiger era are being left alone. This country is not for the benefit of those that have worked decades or work now.
Have you got even a shred of evidence to back up your assertions?

onlyasking

STUPID STUPID STUPID LITTLE BLUE SHIRT TROLL , if you have nothing else to contribute run along and play
To be fair, you haven't "contributed" much. ManUnited's point stands. Please reply to my previous post if you disagree.

onlyasking

I just did , and your contribution like most fine gael trolls here is to deny , spin , deny spin . I have no evidence , but it certainly stacks up , we are broke , we are protecting vested interests , we are targeting the weakest in society , i hope you are proud of your party , do you think michael collins would be ?
Christ, you haven't been around here much. "Onlyasking - a FG troll". Hiding Behind a Poster will be delighted/amazed/amused. Perhaps even horrified.

Class. A defence of public sector workers is now "FG trolling".

What a weird and wonderful world you inhabit.

Analyzer

I think he should be happy with his work.

The Anglo Bondholders appreciate his effort. And when the Great Soapy One pens articles in THISH!TERIMES, extolling the need to divert funding to Welfare Mamas in the banking sector, this man can look with pride at how he did his duty to look after the rich.

Marxism for Multimillionaires is more EU rope.

(I find it fascinating that La Burton is pushing this policy. Just shows you that she is a sell out merchant).

'orebel

I would have thought that the Dept of Social Protection is guided by legislation. I fail to see how people can be deprived of their rightful entitlements without winning their appeals.

The only commentary available is that the dept is either handing out money freely to those who aren't entitled to it or they're withholding money from those who are. It's clearly not on to acknowledge that those who work in social welfare offices do one of the most demanding jobs in the civil service, facing threats and abuse on a daily basis.

"A policy to ensure that there is always a massive delay to the appeals process".

You may have noticed that the number of people on unemployment payments has soared to unprecedented levels. You clearly haven't noticed that the number of people working on providing (withholding) payments has not risen accordingly. It's of little surprise that the level of appeals has soared, with the obvious result.

Civil servants in the line of fire again. How surprising.
It's funny how you never hear anecdotal evidence of the extremely helpful welfare officers who advise people on all their possible entitlements, how to go about obtaining them and do so with a charming manner.

Mr. Bumble

It's funny how you never hear anecdotal evidence of the extremely helpful welfare officers who advise people on all their possible entitlements, how to go about obtaining them and do so with a charming manner.
Obviously there are none. None at all.

Fr.Ted Crilly

Na, don't think so.
Had personal experience of the exact same thing.

Rural

My son (23 years old) was told that his wages were too low to qualify for a medical card.

Analyzer

This is a scandal.

The Bank Bondholders don't get delayed.
Useless FFinished/Ponzi Democrats get their fat pensions, without delays.
Quangocrats get their payments on time.
Millions thrown around by Gimmemore so he can get on the podium in the UN, paid on time.

And the people who need the money are given deliberate delays.

The solution is for these people to stop paying the banks, and see how quickly it grinds to a halt.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies