Deportation of man raised in Ireland a terrible decision

Patslatt1

Culturally Irish? What exactly is that? Does this culture offer some legal protections or form the basis of a legal defence?

Do you know the person or people involved? Your staunch defence and support for someone who "committed a serious crime", noted not defined in the OP would suggest you do.

The Irish taxpayer should fund the education, healthcare etc of someone in the country illegally, then fund their prison sentence and god knows what upon emergence from prison? Am i missing something?
You completely lack understanding of how young immigrants usually quickly adopt the culture of the host country. Maybe you live in a part of Ireland where you don't know such youth.

NYCKY

You completely lack understanding of how young immigrants usually quickly adopt the culture of the host country. Maybe you live in a part of Ireland where you don't know such youth.

Are you really suggesting that the commission of serious crimes is the culture of the youth in Ireland? I doubt you are but it sure sounds like that.

Kevin Parlon

Twitter
Deiscirt
The inference is not logical,surprising given your inflated opinion of your own reasoning powers.
Maybe I can help you out a little. If Nigerian professionals whose qualifications aren't recognized are driving taxis it would be reasonable to assume they came here as "refugees" as they couldn't have come on a skilled migration visa. How many widowed mothers of young children who spent years in a fly-blown UNHCR refugee camp do you think manage to claim asylum in Ireland? Has the world run out of widowed mothers in refugee camps such that we can now turn our attention to the educated middle class of one of Africa's richest countries?

You get me now? The Asylum system is a farce and most of the people who enter country claiming it are cynical abusers of a system which is less able to cater for those who actually need asylum as a result of that abuse.

People like you look at middle class, educated Nigerians driving taxis in Dublin and think "Jeeze aren't we great giving these poor folks a chance." People like you don't fully think through your positions.

Kevin Parlon

Twitter
Deiscirt
As has been spelled out to you ad nauseam, the degree and speed with which youth do or do not adopt the culture of the host country has nothing to do with whether they're entitled to remain.

papaquebec

Maybe I can help you out a little. If Nigerian professionals whose qualifications aren't recognized are driving taxis it would be reasonable to assume they came here as "refugees" as they couldn't have come on a skilled migration visa. How many widowed mothers of young children who spent years in a fly-blown UNHCR refugee camp do you think manage to claim asylum in Ireland? Has the world run out of widowed mothers in refugee camps such that we can now turn our attention to the educated middle class of one of Africa's richest countries?

You get me now? The Asylum system is a farce and most of the people who enter country claiming it are cynical abusers of a system which is less able to cater for those who actually need asylum as a result of that abuse.

People like you look at middle class, educated Nigerians driving taxis in Dublin and think "Jeeze aren't we great giving these poor folks a chance." People like you don't fully think through your positions.

Excellent post!

Politics matters

Boycott them, as they say, 'buy Irish'.

Politics matters

As has been spelled out to you ad nauseam, the degree and speed with which youth do or do not adopt the culture of the host country has nothing to do with whether they're entitled to remain.
Exactly, and even if it did how on earth could that poster attribute the actions undertaken by the asylum seeker and his buddies as being part of Irish culture?

That lad decided to let his pals gangrape his girlfriend, that primitive behaviour is derived from Sub-Saharan Africa, he didn't get it from us.

Kevin Parlon

Twitter
Deiscirt
Exactly, and even if it did how on earth could that poster attribute the actions undertaken by the asylum seeker and his buddies as being part of Irish culture?

That lad decided to let his pals gangrape his girlfriend, that primitive behaviour is derived from Sub-Saharan Africa, he didn't get it from us.
Gang rape isn't derived from Sub-Saharan Africa. Like most crimes it is more prevalent in countries which are the source countries of our asylum seeking population true, but it isn't "African". It is also more prevalent where you have young populations living side by side who do not trust or identify with one another. There was a wave of them in Sydney at the turn of the century. Perhaps the same dynamics were at play. Sydney gang rapes - Wikipedia

Boycott them, as they say, 'buy Irish'.
Think for a minute. It's not the actual people who show up who are to blame. It's the system. You or I would probably do the same thing in their position.

Sexual Harassment Panda

Your attitude is "blood and soil nationalism" favoured by the extreme right. A day old baby born abroad would never qualify for citizenship even after a lifetime here with your attitude.
Of course they can be citizens but they will never be held entirely equal to somebody born to and born of this land. My birthplace is not a lottery, it is not random. I was born of the land my ancestors built just the same as somebody born in Uganda, is born of the land their ancestors built.

I will not apologise for having more successful, better ancestors and I won't be bullied into giving up my national, cultural and societal inheritance.

Patslatt1

It is hiding behind legalistic stupidity to deport a man who grew up here from age 7.

Patslatt1

If asylum law is a farce, you know better than the court judges who have the legal option to throw out farcical applications.

Patslatt1

You lie that I attribute their crimes to Irish culture. Produce the quote if you are not lying. Irish born people commit unspeakable crimes as headlined in the tabloids.

Last edited:

Patslatt1

Of course they can be citizens but they will never be held entirely equal to somebody born to and born of this land. My birthplace is not a lottery, it is not random. I was born of the land my ancestors built just the same as somebody born in Uganda, is born of the land their ancestors built.

I will not apologise for having more successful, better ancestors and I won't be bullied into giving up my national, cultural and societal inheritance.
Who asked you to give up that inheritance? Why don't you revert to the original way of life of the primitive medieval Irish who in forested Ireland were forest dwellers living in shelters made from tree branches? The progress since then from foreign influences should offend you,blood and soil tree hugger!

Last edited:

Patslatt1

Gang rape isn't derived from Sub-Saharan Africa. Like most crimes it is more prevalent in countries which are the source countries of our asylum seeking population true, but it isn't "African". It is also more prevalent where you have young populations living side by side who do not trust or identify with one another. There was a wave of them in Sydney at the turn of the century. Perhaps the same dynamics were at play. Sydney gang rapes - Wikipedia

Think for a minute. It's not the actual people who show up who are to blame. It's the system. You or I would probably do the same thing in their position.
The Russian army gang raped Eastern Europe in WW2.

Politics matters

Gang-rape occurs in countries where women have no rights. The perpetrators can carry out their raping while the silent majority look on and condone such behaviour. That explains why the Muslim grooming gangs across Britain where allowed to carry out their rape of English girls freely, their communities knew what was happening but did nothing to stop it. You have provided an example of such gang activity in Sydney.

BACKTOBASICS

Irish Independent article today "Soccer star fails to block deportation to Nigeria" reports on the deportation after a High Court appeal.
Anybody who has lived in a multicultural society that Ireland is becoming would realise the deportation order was a terrible decision even if the defendant deserved harsh punishment. His punishment should take place in Ireland where he was raised from childhood.
The defendant who had committed a serious crime was raised in Ireland from age seven. His time here means he is an Irish person who is no longer a Nigerian culturally.
In multicultural societies such as the USA, Canada and high immigration cities like London, it is remarkable how quickly young immigrants adopt the culture of the host country. As a rule of thumb, an immigrant to the USA melting pot society who arrives at age 15 or before quickly becomes culturally American through the influence of High School. Between age 16 and 18, the chance of becoming culturally American is maybe 50/50. Many Irish who emigrated even as late as their twenties became culturally American.
Some may think that Ireland isn't a melting pot society but I've heard of young people who became culturally Irish in just a few years.
The defendant as an Irishman would likely find Nigeria completely alien. The justice minister should revoke the deportation order.
How often do people have to be reminded - he is not an 'Irishman', or an 'Irish person'. Honest people speak common sense and dishonest evasive people speak nonsense.

Last edited:

Buchaill Dana

It is hiding behind legalistic stupidity to deport a man who grew up here from age 7.
You are so wrong I am agreeing with KP.

He arrived as a kid, applied for asylum as an adult, but had placed himself on the register by his actions in the meantime.

Its not legalistic stupidity to say he blew his chance at asylum. Its reality.

Kevin Parlon

Twitter
Deiscirt
If asylum law is a farce, you know better than the court judges who have the legal option to throw out farcical applications.
I didn't say the law was a farce, I said the system was. And it is. As is evidenced by the number of people who end up staying and the fact that the system rewards the healthy, relatively wealthy and those who fund the people smuggling industry at the expense of the truly needy.

Patslatt1

Gang-rape occurs in countries where women have no rights. The perpetrators can carry out their raping while the silent majority look on and condone such behaviour. That explains why the Muslim grooming gangs across Britain where allowed to carry out their rape of English girls freely, their communities knew what was happening but did nothing to stop it. You have provided an example of such gang activity in Sydney.
Lack of access to muslim girls for courtship leaves many muslim males sexually frustrated in western countries. This problem is solved by marriages at a young age in muslim countries.

Patslatt1

How often do people have to be reminded - he is not an 'Irishman'.
He dances like Riverdance, likes binging on Guinness and speaks Gaelic.
You are so wrong I am agreeing with KP.

He arrived as a kid, applied for asylum as an adult, but had placed himself on the register by his actions in the meantime.

Its not legalistic stupidity to say he blew his chance at asylum. Its reality.
His punishment should take place here since he was raised Irish. The deportation is draconian.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies