• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Deputy derek keating gets schooled

artfoley56

Principal blasts Keating leaflet - Dublin Gazette Newspapers - Dublin News, Sport and Lifestyle

Welcome to Derek Keating.net

deputy keating recently sent around a flier, as most politicians do, trumpeting the things they have achieved for the parish pump. in this flier, he stated that he had contributed to getting the local educate together an expansion.

thankfully for the greater populace, the school principal is a man of principles and wrote an open letter in which he lambasted deputy keating: “You never once contacted our school, Griffeen Valley, in relation to our forthcoming school extension,” says O’Dulaing’s letter.
“Neither did anybody from our board of management or staff contact you or seek your assistance in relation to the extension. You had absolutely nothing to do with this development, and yet you distribute a leaflet in the Lucan area claiming to have ‘initiated, led and delivered’ this extension.
“This is nothing but gross cynical opportunism on your behalf, which I find objectionable and depressing.”

and delivering a lovely coupe de grace with this line “I recall, Derek, that you shook your head in shame when parents outlined to you the manner in which the devastating cuts you had voted for were having on the lives of their children. Neither the school, nor those parents, heard from you after that meeting.Can I respectfully remind you that you have voted for every single cutback that you and your colleagues in Fine Gael and Labour have put through [the Dail]?

hopefully more people of Mr O'Dualaing's calibre are out there to call these chancers to account when they claim credit for something they have had no hand or part in an indeed have voted against in the dail

Berchmans

Principal blasts Keating leaflet - Dublin Gazette Newspapers - Dublin News, Sport and Lifestyle

deputy keating recently sent around a flier, as most politicians do, trumpeting the things they have achieved for the parish pump. in this flier, he stated that he had contributed to getting the local educate together an expansion.

thankfully for the greater populace, the school principal is a man of principles and wrote an open letter in which he lambasted deputy keating: “You never once contacted our school, Griffeen Valley, in relation to our forthcoming school extension,” says O’Dulaing’s letter.
“Neither did anybody from our board of management or staff contact you or seek your assistance in relation to the extension. You had absolutely nothing to do with this development, and yet you distribute a leaflet in the Lucan area claiming to have ‘initiated, led and delivered’ this extension.
“This is nothing but gross cynical opportunism on your behalf, which I find objectionable and depressing.”

and delivering a lovely coupe de grace with this line “I recall, Derek, that you shook your head in shame when parents outlined to you the manner in which the devastating cuts you had voted for were having on the lives of their children. Neither the school, nor those parents, heard from you after that meeting.Can I respectfully remind you that you have voted for every single cutback that you and your colleagues in Fine Gael and Labour have put through [the Dail]?

hopefully more people of Mr O'Dualaing's calibre are out there to call these chancers to account when they claim credit for something they have had no hand or part in an indeed have voted against in the dail
Well said that school principal. It needed to be said and he said it. More need to step up to the mark to expose these bullsh!tters.

Here's a famous case of a putdown for someone claiming credit where credit wasn't due:

Letter to Chesterfield - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

emulator

Nice :)

spidermom

Similar to Brian Hayes recent leaflet which proclaims that there is a 70% drop in trolleys in Tallaght hospital....

Bad move Brian...should have specified there no longer in the A+E...but up on the wards...as the INMO new trolley on wards and in the A+E have shown.Trolley counts higher than ever in Tallaght Hospital.... :-(

emulator

Similar to Brian Hayes recent leaflet which proclaims that there is a 70% drop in trolleys in Tallaght hospital....

Bad move Brian...should have specified there no longer in the A+E...but up on the wards...as the INMO new trolley on wards and in the A+E have shown.Trolley counts higher than ever in Tallaght Hospital.... :-(
Is anyone from the Hospital draughting an open letter about it ?

spidermom

spidermom

CarnivalOfAction

Typical FG; but Lab do the same. A man I know had the wall of his DCC house knocked down by joyriders; he approached cllrs of all parties but none of them did anything except Cllr Ellis of SF, who got DCC to fix it within 10 days. On the day the builders were onsite, Cllr Lyons of LP put a leaflet around the area claiming to have got the wall repaired.

artfoley56

Trolley/Ward Watch

31 on trolleys tonight....just like the bad/good days.....?????
maybe we could start a log thread for credit claimed by politicians in their newsletters which is patently false and send it monthly to the times ?

ticketyboo

Hope anybody who reads your OP takes the time to read the link in full, as it is even more of a pasting than the excerpt you quote here.
Give that principal a medal. I hope he starts a trend.
I recall a very similar piece of grandstanding from senator O'Domhnaill in this locale, where he had a leaflet claiming credit for everything from the invention of the wheel to cloud computing. Listed all the government's expenditure for the area, as if the little twat was taking it out of his back pocket.
In the same vein, managed to insinuate himself into the press photographs of a parents protest re: the conditions at Gortahork school, whereon at the very same moment his party's Minister, one Noel Dempsey if I recall, was threatening the self same parents that they would not receive assistance in the coming years if they continued their agitation. Parents should have tossed his sorry little hole into the e-coli infested waters behind the school rather than give him the time of day.
Anyway, name and shame them. Keep them coming, and we might be spared this nauseating and hypocritical self pleasuring.

artfoley56

Hope anybody who reads your OP takes the time to read the link in full, as it is even more of a pasting than the excerpt you quote here.
Give that principal a medal. I hope he starts a trend.
I recall a very similar piece of grandstanding from senator O'Domhnaill in this locale, where he had a leaflet claiming credit for everything from the invention of the wheel to cloud computing. Listed all the government's expenditure for the area, as if the little twat was taking it out of his back pocket.
In the same vein, managed to insinuate himself into the press photographs of a parents protest re: the conditions at Gortahork school, whereon at the very same moment his party's Minister, one Noel Dempsey if I recall, was threatening the self same parents that they would not receive assistance in the coming years if they continued their agitation. Parents should have tossed his sorry little hole into the e-coli infested waters behind the school rather than give him the time of day.
Anyway, name and shame them. Keep them coming, and we might be spared this nauseating and hypocritical self pleasuring.
i would have put up more, just conscious of the mods views on copyright and didnt want it zooed

ticketyboo

Typical FG; but Lab do the same. A man I know had the wall of his DCC house knocked down by joyriders; he approached cllrs of all parties but none of them did anything except Cllr Ellis of SF, who got DCC to fix it within 10 days. On the day the builders were onsite, Cllr Lyons of LP put a leaflet around the area claiming to have got the wall repaired.
Yep. I also recall a titan of the Fianna Fáil party, a true legend, who managed to divine the successful applicants for a new housing scheme, and on the self same day the letters were sent, sent a covering letter from himself congratulating them on receiving the offer with the rejoinder that he was delighted to have been of assistance.
You may wonder how the party legend managed to ascertain the identities of the recipients at that juncture, as he should have not been had access to that information, seeing as it was a closed process - and so do I.

Kev408

maybe we could start a log thread for credit claimed by politicians in their newsletters which is patently false and send it monthly to the times ?
Actually, I think every incident should have its own thread, and fair dues to you for highlighting this particular case. I really wish this was what P.ie was all about. If the events are true (and I believe they are) Keating should be up before an ethics committee ASAP, and if proved to have told blatant lies be sacked without a pension and possibly charged too. If a few of these liars were dealt with the way most of us would be dealt with in our jobs (if caught lying) then I can assure everyone the lies of politicians would stop rapidly.

However, few people seem interested when a politician tells lies. Most would sooner have them re-elected and then spend 5 years bitching about them. Having a media which is hand-in-glove with these liars doesn't help.

Devil Eire

Derek Keating would be a shoe in for the post of Minister for PR, should FG decide to open one. He literally festoons the area with printed guff, with his face in prime position, detailing all the wonderful things he and his party do for the area, and running puff pieces for the relevant Minister. Note his recent appraisal of Minister Reilly, and his 'excellent' handling of his health brief. How much is Derek Keating spending on getting thousands of these bits of cardboard printed each month, and has he asked any of his constituents if they are happy to continue to receive his junk mail? The green bins of Lucan are full of this rubbish, as if there wasn't enough of rubbish to be got rid of, somewhere.

Derek Keating is always well dressed, and always appears to be a man in a hurry, but what he is doing is beyond me, as I see no tangible results of any advantage to anyone I know, other than his votes with the party on more and more austerity and downright robbery, as the good principal has mentioned. All of this costs hard-earned taxpayers' money. Money the state cannot afford, and money the taxpayers themselves need to pay their mortgages, to keep rapacious and ruthless bankers off their backs. The whole thing is a joke. An expensive joke.

darkknight

Keating as an Independent candidiate in 2004

note: "Independent - Not subject to Party HQ Dictats"

Seems to be an opportunistic chancer.
(Which means he probably feels very much at home in Leinster House! :mad: )

artfoley56

Keating as an Independent candidiate in 2004

note: "Independent - Not subject to Party HQ Dictats"

Seems to be an opportunistic chancer.
(Which means he probably feels very much at home in Leinster House! :mad: )
during that campaign he refrained from claiming credit for the achievements of others, must have been a one time offer

Lain2016

This principle is a hero :)

freewillie

Dessie would know all about walls being knocked down allright. I hope that those joyriders ddidnt take the car to transport any bombs being assembled locally