• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Deputy McDonald attacks Minister Reilly

ger12

Deputy McDonald claimed in the Dáil today that the Minister for Health had engaged in "sharp, corrupt practices" relating to the primary care centre list. She is claiming that information supplied, following a Freedom of Information request, show that "considerable financial advantage" had been conferred on the owner and the developer involved.

An Tánaiste Gilmore was not pleased and asked SF how many bodies have been buried on this island because of SF.

Mary Lou certainly did not mince her words today before the Christmas break begins. Minister Reilly has asked her to repeat allegations of corruption against him outside the House.

Should she? And was Minister Gilmores response acceptable?

"Call on McDonald to repeat claim"
http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2012/1220/breaking28.html

emulator

Deputy McDonald claimed in the Dáil today that the Minister for Health had engaged in "sharp, corrupt practices" relating to the primary care centre list. She is claiming that information supplied, following a Freedom of Information (FOI) request, show that "considerable financial advantage" had been conferred on the owner and the developer involved.

An Tánaiste Gilmore was not pleased and asked SF how many bodies have been buried on this island because of SF.

Mary Lou certainly did not mince her words today before the Christmas break begins. Minister Reilly has asked her to repeat allegations of corruption against him outside the House.

Gilmore's response is becoming the standard response of the FG bunch but it seems Labour have jumped on board. He's a disgrace to the office of Tainaiste.

The last time I remember SF being challenged to repeat something outside the Dáil was when Cowen asked Caoimhghín Ó Caoláin to repeat what he said regarding the Druids dinner.... Caoimhghín Ó Caoláin stood at the gates the next day and repeated it in front of the media....

Didn't work out great for Cowen and probably won't for Reilly.

Red_93

Very impressed with Mary Lou of late. Not sure what this Pearse Doherty obsession is about. They need to keep McDonald front and centre.

As for the issue at hand, get the popcorn out!

derryman

Deputy McDonald claimed in the Dáil today that the Minister for Health had engaged in "sharp, corrupt practices" relating to the primary care centre list. She is claiming that information supplied, following a Freedom of Information request, show that "considerable financial advantage" had been conferred on the owner and the developer involved.

Call on McDonald to repeat claim - The Irish Times - Thu, Dec 20, 2012
I dont believe it is good enough to use an anti PIRA stance as a defence in any and all economic matters. This is schoolyard politics which to be truthful is standard practice on this Island. If your only reply is to deflect what are you deflecting from.

PO'Neill

Website
www.facebook.com

Call on McDonald to repeat claim - The Irish Times - Thu, Dec 20, 2012
WOW :shock: This could be a hornet's nest for Reilly. Mary Lou should repeat it outside the Dail if she's that sure of her information. As for Gilmore and the usual whataboutry, he and his buddy's in Labour and indeed FG conviently ignore Gilmore old friends such as Sean Garland and the Offical IRA. Almost laughable, but once a Sticky, always a Sticky.

Levellers

You know the government are squirming when they bring out that nonsense.

The Shinners should ask the Labour Party about the shooting of Larry White.

jmcc

And was Minister Gilmores response acceptable?
She should ask Fine Gael what it is like to be in government with politicians who were involved with a party with an armed paramilitary wing that killed people and robbed banks. Then she should tell the little Stalinist sh!t to bugger off back to North Korea - with season's greetings of course.

james toney

Pathetic response from Gilmore,is that the best he could come up with?
Rather poor defence for reilly,yet again.

Maothail Lad

She said she has a document got through FOI detailing a meeting with NAMA that directly impacted on Reilly's site selection, if this is true and I have no doubt but it is, she has Reilly by the balls. We have all been assuming for some time that Reillys site selection was dodgy but if this can be proven with verifiable evidence he is in a world of ************************ and his position as minister is untenable.

flavirostris

She was being cute, using those words inside the Dáil and Gilmore rightly called her on it. There is no way in hell she will repeat the allegation from outside the confines of Dáil privilege.. because she has no grounds for it. And she knows it.

Levellers

Reilly is in trouble. He denied he ever discussed the site in question and we now know this is not the case.

Maothail Lad

Gilmore's response is becoming the standard response of the FG bunch but it seems Labour have jumped on board. He's a disgrace to the office of Tainaiste.

The last time I remember SF being challenged to repeat something outside the Dáil was when Cowen asked Caoimhghín Ó Caoláin to repeat what he said regarding the Druids dinner.... Caoimhghín Ó Caoláin stood at the gates the next day and repeated it in front of the media....

Didn't work out great for Cowen and probably won't for Reilly.
Haha forgot all about that, hard to believe a wedding full of shinners effectively brought down the last FF government in there dying days... Such happy memories :lol:

Ulster-Lad

She should repeat whatever she said outside the Dail so.

Talk is cheap.
She should repeat it to his face. I see some argy bargy there. ML would hurt him badly though. It would not be a fair fight. ;)

james toney

Reilly is in trouble. He denied he ever discussed the site in question and we now know this is not the case.
A lot of people forget that.She should repeat it,then photocopy whatever she got under the FOI act and hand it out to journalists.

Analyzer

Where is Dicey ?

Has he made a public appearance in months ?

He seems to be assuming that this will get forgotten about. Instead it is festering.

Sync

When judging Mcdonald on this, ask yourself: "If you were a TD and had evidence of corruption what would you do?"

So for me, I'd have aleady sent copies of the evidence to the police and DPP. I'd then call a press conference and say that I had forwarded said evidence against Reilly and would name the developer, the owner, as well as the other attendees of this meeting where I felt corruption occurred. I wouldn't go any further than that because my priority would be the successful prosecution of all those involved and I wouldn't want to prejudice any case.

If, after a reasonable period of investigation, I really felt that the police weren't doing their job, I'd use my dail privilege to talk in detail about the corruption, about the benefit derived from that corruption etc etc.

If I had evidence, that's what I'd do.

If I didn't have evidence and wanted to make stuff up, I'd use my Dáil privilege to make an attack on a political opponent and then be too cowardly to repeat it outside the house.

Let's see what side McDonald falls into.

F

fistikuffs

Very impressed with Mary Lou of late. Not sure what this Pearse Doherty obsession is about. They need to keep McDonald front and centre.

As for the issue at hand, get the popcorn out!
I have a personal aversion to Mary Lou and SF but no doubt she has been performing very well over the last few months. I don't think Pearse is too bad either. Not that I'd vote for them.