Der Spiegel's Trump cover; the Germans' counter-attack

McTell

Twitter
No
Here is the problem; we like americans to intervene around the world on our behalf, so long as it doesn't pan out like Iraq. Nothing worse than america promising not to intervene less until europe ups its sub.

Germany wants america at its back, and wants to sell its brilliant products into america, helped by the lower euro.

Cue the story of how america is now illiberal, and likely to tax trade where imports are helped by a weak currency.... what seems to be a rather crass cover reflects their unease. But is it fair?

derryman

Another Trump thread. How wonderful!
I am almost pining for the good Ole days when we only argued about whether the Russian Bombers or the American Bombers were killing the most innocents.

Catalpast

There should be a Trump sub forum at this stage

- its gonna be a long eight years...:cool:

Volatire

Comparing President Trump to ISIS?

That will go down well in Washington

darkhorse

Why is it that every country feels they should have a say in how America runs itself?
And yet if America were to attempt to interfere in Irish affairs, and God forbid ask us to take in some refugees, the snowflakes would be screaming blue murder.

Rural

Another Trump thread. How wonderful!
I am almost pining for the good Ole days when we only argued about whether the Russian Bombers or the American Bombers were killing the most innocents.
Well, after listening to "It Says In The Papers" on Radio 1 this morning, the Sunday papers seem to be "Trumpeting" again this Sunday, it was almost all that Deirdre Purcell mentioned (she also mentioned a warning about a harsh budget next year). I think I'll avoid the papers today.:rolleyes:

Herr Rommel

A nation with the blood of six million Jewish people on their hands should really keep quite about the free and democratic elections of the United States.

T

Toowoomba

Comparing President Trump to ISIS?

That will go down well in Washington

Herr Trumpf wants, nay demands, that Germany and others fulfill their NATO commitment to spend 2% of GDP on defence.

Demanding German rearmament!

GDPR

If someone has had enough of Trump threads, don't read them. As regards trade money, talks and BS walks so for all the rhetoric neither side will want to damage trade relations. All the rest is just click bait, and Trump is King click bait.

Dame_Enda

Der Spiegel has a long reputation for anti Americanism

zippo222

A new thread just to post a picture of a magazine cover ? That picture could have been posted on any of the other Trump threads. [Matter of fact, I'd be very surprised it it wasn't already posted there.]

Why is it that every country feels they should have a say in how America runs itself?
And yet if America were to attempt to interfere in Irish affairs, and God forbid ask us to take in some refugees, the snowflakes would be screaming blue murder.
It's a newspaper giving its take on current affairs. Does that mean graphic hurt you, dear? There, there, my little snowflake.

Volatire

It's a newspaper giving its take on current affairs. Does that mean graphic hurt you, dear? There, there, my little snowflake.
If you feel that ISIS and President Trump are somehow comparable then seek psychiatric evaluation.

derryman

Well, after listening to "It Says In The Papers" on Radio 1 this morning, the Sunday papers seem to be "Trumpeting" again this Sunday, it was almost all that Deirdre Purcell mentioned (she also mentioned a warning about a harsh budget next year). I think I'll avoid the papers today.:rolleyes:
You still read alternative facts:lol:

Happycamping

Yes...because America has never tried to influence how any other country runs itself...ever. It has never interfered abroad ever ever ever...

darkhorse

To answer my own question, I would suggest that you might just be saying 'none of your effing business' if there were major protests all over America about Ireland only taking in a tiny number of refugees since the crisis began...

toastedheretic

A nation with the blood of six million Jewish people on their hands should really keep quite about the free and democratic elections of the United States.
Or perhaps they are best placed to comment.

Sent from my HUAWEI GRA-L09 using Tapatalk

To answer my own question, I would suggest that you might just be saying 'none of your effing business' if there were major protests all over America about Ireland only taking in a tiny number of refugees since the crisis began...
I would not. Don't visit your inadequacies on me.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies