• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Derby arson murders

BookFace

Horrific case and hard to avoid in any media. Even with it all I am still not quite certain why they decided to kill the children? Was any reason given?

I was also struck by the fact that one of the children murdered is wearing a Dublin GAA jersey in the photograph of the family.

Derby fire: Mick Philpott, guilty of killing his children, tried to murder previous girlfriend - Telegraph
some of the children had different mothers,i think,so possibly one of them was irish:confused:

horrific case,the judge who convicted him when he was a 21yr old was right,he said of him "he was a dangerous young man"

Seanie Lemass

some of the children had different mothers,i think,so possibly one of them was irish:confused:

horrific case,the judge who convicted him when he was a 21yr old was right,he said of him "he was a dangerous young man"

Hadn't seen the other thread on this.

Seems he was trying to create impression that his former partner was the one who had tried to set fire to the house. Even though he didn't want to actually kill them he was not particularly remorseful.

Amazing how much harm one piece of scum like that can do.

Sync

I think the other thread is more around a general principle of disclosure as opposed to this specific case.

Sky News have interviews with a couple of the guys who attempted to rescue the kids. They're obviously tough guys who grew up in a poor area, but their interview's incredibly moving and "real".

Aristodemus

Hadn't seen the other thread on this.

Seems he was trying to create impression that his former partner was the one who had tried to set fire to the house. Even though he didn't want to actually kill them he was not particularly remorseful.

Amazing how much harm one piece of scum like that can do.
His only regret is that he was caught

Seanie Lemass

His only regret is that he was caught

But even apart from that he seems totally incapable of any sort of empathy with any of the many people he has harmed over his life. Allegedly 'lower animals' have more of a moral and social sense than creatures like Philpott. Totally useless life that created no good, only bad.

Orbit v2

Horrific case and hard to avoid in any media.

I was also struck by the fact that one of the children murdered is wearing a Dublin GAA jersey in the photograph of the family.

Derby fire: Mick Philpott, guilty of killing his children, tried to murder previous girlfriend - Telegraph
Noticed that too. The wife's name is Mairead. So, there must be some connection. I can't imagine people here jumping up to claim it though. The kids look so innocent in that photo and by all accounts were great kids in spite of the situation they lived in. Terrible case.

Ribeye

Now that the trial is over, Philpots record has now been released,

Did 7 years for stabbing a previous girlfriend 17 times and beating up her mother,

Nice human being this guy,

Orbit v2

The story of his interaction with the police after the fire is almost impossible to believe, it sounds so callous. While I've no doubt that the man is pure trash and is guilty, he is such a classic comic book caricature, that you wouldn't know which parts of the story are true really.

Seanie Lemass

There was a similar case here about 25 years ago in Clondalkin where children were burnt to death in their house by their father who benefitted from the sympathy and largess of his neighbours for a while before Old Bill fingered him. Scum is probably out again now. My Da was working part-time in the kip of a pub where he used to drink at the time and used to have amazing stories of the goings on there which seemed like another universe to us among the 'respectable' proletariat.

rapparree

[video=youtube;m8z8ygrDSWU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8z8ygrDSWU[/video]

he was on jeremy kyle previously

Dougal

Noticed that too. The wife's name is Mairead. So, there must be some connection. I can't imagine people here jumping up to claim it though. The kids look so innocent in that photo and by all accounts were great kids in spite of the situation they lived in. Terrible case.
Her maiden name was Duffy, she was born in England and her mother was Irish.

Analyzer

The system is just not generous enough with people who make kids and nothing else.

Gnobe

Similar case here in Omagh as well when a guy deliberately killed his wife and kids in a blazing fire, commiting suicide himself along with it of course.

One of those kids in a Dub GAA shirt as well. Very very sad. RIP.

b.a. baracus

Mr Philpotts mother was Irish too according to the Daily Mail, I know..I know...

The article in typical Mail fashion mentioned something about huge Roman Catholic families as Mick the scumbag was one of eight. Piffling, a neighbour of my grannies had 17 kids.

Hitch 22

The neighbors always said they got on together like a house on fire. :lol:

Seanie Lemass

Similar case here in Omagh as well when a guy deliberately killed his wife and kids in a blazing fire, commiting suicide himself along with it of course.

One of those kids in a Dub GAA shirt as well. Very very sad. RIP.

That sounded similar to the one here where there was belief that father was going to be exposed for child abuse. God help any poor child that is unfortunate enough to be born to animals like these. I can also see in the odd scum families near me that not only are the parents an anti-social threat and waste of money to sustain them in their abjectness but their children will become similar and often violent threats. As someone said, if they were dogs they would be put down or sterilised.

Cynicist

That sounded similar to the one here where there was belief that father was going to be exposed for child abuse. God help any poor child that is unfortunate enough to be born to animals like these. I can also see in the odd scum families near me that not only are the parents an anti-social threat and waste of money to sustain them in their abjectness but their children will become similar and often violent threats. As someone said, if they were dogs they would be put down or sterilised.
Wonder if all the children left behind by these scum will be given the special care and support they need to leech out any influence or memories lingering. Feel for all the family and neighbours who got sucked in to the evil web. The Jeremy Kyle show is down in the gutter giving such low-life oxygen from publicity and a certain celebrity from notoriety.