• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Dermot Ahern saying The Gov is intent on putting the Country first

Michael Moloney

Dermot Ahern on the 'News at One' saying that That FF in Government are putting the County first disregarding the fall out for FF.

If he and his collegues in cabinet during the boom had put the County first and not FF we would not now be facing total ruin.

Also in the interview he gave the impression that the developers now in Nama have to face the consequences of their reckless behaviour. The guy seems to be totally obvilious to the fact that he was part of the Government that rolled out in budget after budget the fuel that set the economy on flames.

Finally, I am almost certain that back in the aftermath of the evoting fiasco that he stated in an RTE interview that it the €50 million down the drain was only small change in the context of the annual budget.

Michael Moloney

Nipper

He was trying to make out that a Develepor getting paid 200k by NAMA was equivelent of a Pensioner taking a cut.

The way he tries to act like NAMA has nothing to do with the Gov is sickening.

turdsl

Frankeen Fahy was at it as well this morning telling us Fianna will put the country first, I just hope Fianna Fail keep putting those 2 guys out for interviews, Fianna Fail has just pushed the self- destruct button. Thank God.

commonman

the sad thing is that the are still in power and will be till 2012. and there is nothing we can do about it

fishfoodie

That's why they're fighting a court action trying to force the Government to set a data for the Bye-Elections. It's for the good of the country, not FF :rolleyes:

kodak

Ahern is one of the more deluded members of the Cabinet he still fancies himself for the top job, someone should tell him its Europe calling the shots now thanks to him and Fianna Failure.I'm sure the developers and bankers are really scared now he's decided to suffer some cuts.

johnnypockets

Self first, party close second...country distant third. This has always been the case, why would that change all of a sudden?

gijoe

Finally, I am almost certain that back in the aftermath of the evoting fiasco that he stated in an RTE interview that it the €50 million down the drain was only small change in the context of the annual budget.
It was Noel Dempsey that made that statement in the Dail.

Iarmhi Gael

Sadly 18% of people still believe Fianna Fail's spin. Its complete and utter bull and spin

What Next - Fianna Fail will protect Irish waters from pirates and make sure all pots of gold are protected against these criminals

Cael

Dermot Ahern on the 'News at One' saying that That FF in Government are putting the County first disregarding the fall out for FF.
Of course, FF thinks that the landed oligarchy and the country are one and the same thing. The rest of us are just here on cíos.

johnnypockets

There is no way that 18% of the population got to squeeze into the galway tents. For those that did I would completely understand why they continue to support them. But for the others, why do they support them. I am really interested to know. Any FF supporters online who could tell me why?

Disillusioned democrat

If he and his collegues in cabinet during the boom had put the County first and not FF we would not now be facing total ruin.

Also in the interview he gave the impression that the developers now in Nama have to face the consequences of their reckless behaviour. The guy seems to be totally obvilious to the fact that he was part of the Government that rolled out in budget after budget the fuel that set the economy on flames.

Michael Moloney
To be honest I've given up on listening to what FF say anymore - I don't know if there was ever a time when you could actually trust a politician to do walk the talk, but recently there seems to be no corelation to what they say and what they do, nor any real sense of accountability. I don't understand why people get so excited about the nuances of what they said and how they said it anymore, because in the end of the day they're anti-deomcratic, have sold this country into penury for 20 years and won't ever suffer themselves - Ahern, Cowen, Lenihan, Coughlan, Harney - they all talk as if the citizen mattered, but actions have definitely spoken louder than words and right now their actions demonstrate a complete disregard for the plight of the voter, the tax payer and the vulnerable of society and a sneaking regard for the bankers, developers and bond holders - all in the name of the EU.

asset test

Sadly, this spin will suck in a good few suckers who might have been wavering up to now.

You know, the sad story that FF is really taking a hammering in the polls, but hey, we don't mind that at all, our actions are for the good of the country, and not for ourselves at all.

I really think this is serious spin from them. Two FFrs coming out in quick succession to tell us this sob story.

Pity they didn't look out for the good of this country when they had the chance. Instead, as we all know they looked after themselves and the elites first. The rest of us now facing certain penury (well most of us anyway), must be saying "well that's alright so, they are putting us through this pain because they are putting the country first, aren't they so good"

I am spitting mad at the moment, because I just know some, if not many might just fall for it.

wassupdude

Self first, party close second...country distant third. This has always been the case, why would that change all of a sudden?
Self first, party close second....Europe third, markets next...country somewhere down here

bmw1

if that was even minimally true lads would be out nailing up posters at the minute

Tomas Mor

Ahern and a few others unlike Biffo know the game is up, and they may as well be hung for a sheep as a lamb. Maybe in the leadership heave he can then say " I did the right thing at last " as they face opposition and rebuilding.

flavirostris

It's amazing to hear these guys proclaiming that they are doing the right thing and "putting the country first" as if it's some noble act of self sacrifice.

It might surprise people like Ahern to learn that the government is supposed to put the country first not simply do whats best for one's own party.

To hear them saying it now merely underlines how they've been putting the country last for the previous 13 years.

Popular Threads

Most Replies