Dermot Ahern says four-year plan will be published "early next week"

ddave

Assuming this will mark the beginning of the end for the CPA?

Is a 15 billion adjustment possible without pay and pension changes?

HarshBuzz

not to be made available in Donegal until December

DeputyEdo

Surely they should get it out sooner so the bond market can see what the plans are and how stability will be returned to our economy, thereby reducing what we have to pay for borrowing.......or are the government still maintaining we won't need to go back to the markets until next year?

johnfás

Surely they should get it out sooner so the bond market can see what the plans are and how stability will be returned to our economy, thereby reducing what we have to pay for borrowing.......or are the government still maintaining we won't need to go back to the markets until next year?
I think its more likely they're playing a game of bluff to try and cause enough worry in the €urozone that they get a decent deal on the EFSF loans which we are inevitably going to take.

hammer

It will be so short on detail it will be irrelevant.

Do people seriously think that they will announce future tax rates or cuts in public sector numbers or pay ? Not on your nellie :(

It will be published bearing in mind that there will be a general election in 2011

slumdog1971

Assuming this will mark the beginning of the end for the CPA?

Is a 15 billion adjustment possible without pay and pension changes?
Very questionable alright.

I think this government has to stick by the CPA. Their credability is shot to pieces if they don't.

The CPA promises huge savings. I imagine these savings will make up a considerable sum of next years budget. I think savings of 700 m are being pencilled in and coupled with a pension reduction of 300 m we are looking at 1 bn in savings already from CPA.

If CPA gets taken off the table all of those savings go by the wayside.

We'll ahve to wait and see.

johnfás

I think this government has to stick by the CPA. Their credability is shot to pieces if they don't.

The CPA promises huge savings. I imagine these savings will make up a considerable sum of next years budget. I think savings of 700 m are being pencilled in and coupled with a pension reduction of 300 m we are looking at 1 bn in savings already from CPA.

Not going to be enough. Croke Park Agreement is dead in the water - if not this year then next. It has nothing to do with Fianna Fáil's credibility - they don't have any anyway.

HarshBuzz

you keep hugging that comfort blankie there Slumdog

of course our bailout T&C will allow us to continue to overpay the PS :rolleyes:

corelli

slumdog1971

you keep hugging that comfort blankie there Slumdog

of course our bailout T&C will allow us to continue to overpay the PS :rolleyes:

It's all to do with the cost of living HB.

You get that down and my pay can follow. No worries there.

First stop for the eurocrats is going to be Corpo tax, followed by a swift huge tax on bonuses in financial sector.

After all tis the banks that done us in. Thye are going to take the biggest rap before the EU go after any one else.

Those that caused the mess have to be seen pay for it. ;)

budgie29

Its 2 years too late. I can already guess what there will be. Tax increases for people working, property and water tax, pension tax breaks dropped from 40 to 20% and cuts in social welfare (prob will not go into detail until after by election, will be reduction in child benefit and dole, of course pensioners let off scot free).

CPA is a joke and the government are still blindly trying to press on with it. To get spending down public salaries and pensions will have to be cut. There is just no getting around that.

There will be no credible plan for job creation. Just pie in the sky proclamations...

I think the sooner the IMF come in the better. Then there will be a GE, Labour and FG will win by a comfortable majority. Labour can then hide behind the big bad IMF and agree to implement the cuts.

Its so sad that we have to rely on outsiders to push us towards this. Even with the wolves baying at the door there is no sense of urgency or realism in this government.

Labour are just as bad, was disgusted with Gilmore saying he would honour CPA.

HarshBuzz

It's all to do with the cost of living HB.

You get that down and my pay can follow. No worries there.

First stop for the eurocrats is going to be Corpo tax, followed by a swift huge tax on bonuses in financial sector.

After all tis the banks that done us in. Thye are going to take the biggest rap before the EU go after any one else.

Those that caused the mess have to be seen pay for it. ;)
you know that you should stop betting against me when it comes to prognostications

we shall wait and see and I will be proved correct again. The CPA was only ever a fig leaf for FF until the big boys came in to tidy up our mess. Expect pay cuts in 2011.

you can transfer me the 200 euro that you lost on our budget deficit bet any time ;)

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies