Derry/Londonderry name dispute thread.

2lazy

Now that the Republic is bestest economic country in the World, could you arrange to start paying back all the money you received off the UK to pay your EU grants.

When you've done that you can start your bolloxogy again.

Don't fret I'm sure they will find a place for you in SOLAS in the new Ireland, time for "re-education" :oops:

truthisfree

Now that the Republic is bestest economic country in the World, could you arrange to start paying back all the money you received off the UK to pay your EU grants.

When you've done that you can start your bolloxogy again.
You do realise of course that we offered to pay it all back in full but the UK refused preferring to reap the interest rates! I'm sure you also realise that the UKs keeness to loan us money was because of the hit the UK would take to their economy if Ireland went under.

I know you do realise as I and other posters have pointed this out to on many occasions but you keep repeating this bs. Grasping at straws as the UK looks more and more like a divided kingdom as the years roll by.

Mickeymac

You do realise of course that we offered to pay it all back in full but the UK refused preferring to reap the interest rates! I'm sure you also realise that the UKs keeness to loan us money was because of the hit the UK would take to their economy if Ireland went under.

I know you do realise as I and other posters have pointed this out to on many occasions but you keep repeating this bs. Grasping at straws as the UK looks more and more like a divided kingdom as the years roll by.

Absolutely Truth. most, if not all of their dopey utterances are all based on blatant lies.

Newrybhoy

I'm not talking about that trifling £7bn.

I'm talking about the billions and billions you've reaped from the EU for decades.

Mickeymac

I'm not talking about that trifling £7bn.

I'm talking about the billions and billions you've reaped from the EU for decades.

Linkey please and whilst you are at it supply one for the billions of rebate the British treasury received from the EU and not a red cent spent on the occupied 6.

Ireniall

Disagree Irene, the people who reside there refer to their City as Derry/Doire and the only people who call it by any other name are shit stirrers/sectarian bigots etc within onionism who don't even live there.
Ah sure you cant go imposing solutions once the thing becomes an issue. At least my way people wouldn't be obliged to use the long version in speech.

death or glory

Of course I blame the Prods. They're the ones who are refusing to call it Derry despite having their choice of official name. It's just typical-you want everything your own way. Otherwise you wouldn't be jumping down my throat at my perfectly reasonable solution which preserves your security blanket while avoiding the blot on the English language that doubling the number of syllables imposes. For God's sake man up. Londonderry is for people who want to live in London not Derry. It's time yee came out from under yeer mammies skirts and flew the nest after three centuries.
Listen sonny,
You can blame who you like but the thrust of the matter is that it is the tea eggs who are either that bitter and bigoted they refuse to accept anything British other than their birthright citizenship or b are thick as Purdy bread and can't pronounce big words.
My bet is that it's a combination of both.

Ireniall

Listen sonny,
You can blame who you like but the thrust of the matter is that it is the tea eggs who are either that bitter and bigoted they refuse to accept anything British other than their birthright citizenship or b are thick as Purdy bread and can't pronounce big words.
The tea eggs are perfectly well able to pronounce Londonderry but simply don't feel the need to prove it every time they have to tell some one that they're going to town for a pint of milk. It might be of interest to you also that the name of the city of London is Celtic and is thought to refer to the Celtic god Lugh. Another layer of the ridiculous in your position. In any case how about a totally fair solution since we are being ridiculous. Londondublinderry. It's only another couple of syllables.

Glaucon

Listen sonny,
It's always the Taigs DOG. We should go back to the good old days where good Protestants could lynch them under the law.

2lazy

The tea eggs are perfectly well able to pronounce Londonderry but simply don't feel the need to prove it every time they have to tell some one that they're going to town for a pint of milk. It might be of interest to you also that the name of the city of London is Celtic and is thought to refer to the Celtic god Lugh. Another layer of the ridiculous in your position. In any case how about a totally fair solution since we are being ridiculous. Londondublinderry. It's only another couple of syllables.
Let them call it what they like , in the New Ireland throwing them a few scraps might not be a bad idea. I'm all for keeping the 12th parades also - if only to mock them as they go past :sneaky:

Ireniall

Let them call it what they like , in the New Ireland throwing them a few scraps might not be a bad idea. I'm all for keeping the 12th parades also - if only to mock them as they go past :sneaky:
They need to stop making outsiders of themselves at every opportunity -for everyones sake.

death or glory

They need to stop making outsiders of themselves at every opportunity -for everyones sake.
Londonderry is the proper name.
All you need to do is to have a bit of manners and acknowledge it. Why do you tea eggs have to be so bitter and bigoted about every little thing such as a name of a city and county?

Marcella

death or glory

Completely off topic but this was on BBC NI the other night. Genuinely embarrassing.

Any unionist comparing this bollocks to Irish really has a brass neck.
Au contrare,
Isn't it great to see Ulster scots heritage and culture being celebrated and promoted in west Tyrone.
Although I agree not comparable with Irish as it is a language that is actually used day to day.
Anyhow thanks I didn't see that as I watched UTV live and it was highlighting the Ulser Scots heritage in Killeter by a showcase of Narnia at St Bestius church.

New Threads

Most Replies