Derry/Londonderry name dispute thread.

Eire1976

Irish people don't like the name Londonderry. Therefore we use the name Derry.

British types use the name to try and faux upset Irish people. Saddo's

death or glory

Irish people are bigoted and intolerant and therefore don't use the name Londonderry.
Whereas British people can use Derry or the proper title Londonderry.
Those are the facts, and because the proper name annoys you bigoted snowflakes is just a bonus.

Eire1976

Irish people are bigoted and intolerant and therefore don't use the name Londonderry.
Those are the facts, and because the proper name annoys you bigoted snowflakes is just a bonus.
Irish people have grown intolerant of intolerance.

The tail wagging the dog is over

McSlaggart

I disagree with people who paint over the word London on signs. It is a pity that Unionists donot see the advantage of putting both names on signs.

death or glory

I disagree with people who paint over the word London on signs. It is a pity that Unionists donot see the advantage of putting both names on signs.
Now lad,
Putting both names on is just stupid.
Londonderry is the proper name, and you are trying to make a political statement out of road signs.

death or glory

Irish people have grown intolerant of intolerance.

The tail wagging the dog is over
So at least you can admit youse are intolerant,
soon you will realise youse are also bigoted.
The failure to recognise or to use Londonderry is a prime example.

Golah veNekhar

So at least you can admit youse are intolerant,
soon you will realise youse are also bigoted.
The failure to recognise or to use Londonderry is a prime example.
DOG do you believe that Prods in general have superior intellects to Tea Eggs in general?

death or glory

Golah veNekhar

Well the proof is in the pudding.
I used to think that the Tea Eggs in general were vastly intellectually superior to the Prods however that belief of mine began to falter when I witnessed how many of them were supporting Scottish independence.

Pyewacket

There was a High Loyalist Thing in the 1970s and 80s of pronouncing Londonderry as LONDON-dree. Not even London-Derry. LONDON-cough-dree.

You lot wouldn't know that not because you are kids, but because you are fakes. :)

raetsel

death or glory

I used to think that the Tea Eggs in general were vastly intellectually superior to the Prods however that belief of mine began to falter when I witnessed how many of them were supporting Scottish independence.
What is your opinion on the whole Brexit debacle?

Pyewacket

WTF would you know about "British types".

British types want Ulster to f*uck off so they never have to think about it again.

"British-types" like Ireland. They don't like N Ireland.

Eire1976

That's schadenfreude

Golah veNekhar

That's schadenfreude
Scottish Independence would mean the already bad levels of anti-Catholic discrimination in Scotland would sky rocket at best however the most likely outcome would be that you would see an extremely bloody "ethnic" cleansing of Scotland's remaining Catholic population. During the Troubles also it was the Scots' Regiements which were by far the brutal- after the Paras of course, but they gave the Paras a run for their money. If you support Scottish Independence you have no right to complain about what happened under "Old Stormont".

Eire1976

Scottish Independence would mean the already bad levels of anti-Catholic discrimination in Scotland would sky rocket at best however the most likely outcome would be that you would see an extremely bloody "ethnic" cleansing of Scotland's remaining Catholic population. During the Troubles also it was the Scots' Regiements which were by far the brutal- after the Paras of course, but they gave the Paras a run for their money. If you support Scottish Independence you have no right to complain about what happened under "Old Stormont".
As I said, great to see it all implode.

death or glory

Popular Threads

Most Replies