Derry-Londonderry voted first U.K. city of culture

Ifor Bach

Website
golang.pl
My point is that you are just another hypocrite. You cry about the Provos killing civilians, yet you don't complain when your state kills ten times more and are still at it.
Whatever way you look at it, however bad you paint the British security forces in Northern Ireland in the period 1969-1997, the record of the provos was demonstrably worse.

Now if, as the likes of yourself and Global Tosser claim, the British army are uniquely wicked, what does that then make the provos?

I don't know where the British army are still 'at it', but if you mean Afghanistan, then the Irish army are there too.

InsideImDancing

Whatever way you look at it, however bad you paint the British security forces in Northern Ireland in the period 1969-1997, the record of the provos was demonstrably worse.

Now if, as the likes of yourself and Global Tosser claim, the British army are uniquely wicked, what does that then make the provos?

I don't know where the British army are still 'at it', but if you mean Afghanistan, then the Irish army are there too.
The thing is I'm not claiming that one side is better than the other - I'm refuting that very claim. Anyway as you were saying, this is getting boring and I've chit to do etc. May as well leave it there for now.

Global Justice

Responsibility for killing[134]
Responsible party No.
Republican paramilitary groups 2057
Loyalist paramilitary groups 1019
British security forces 363
Persons unknown 82
Irish security forces 5
Total 3526
Well there you go again isolating the conflict into about a 40 year span. That's blatant historical revisionism and manipulation of facts. You're just ignorantly erasing decades and decades of history (I could go centuries but that would be too much of a cold harsh reality for you)

*edit* And as I've said previously, if you are that concerned with deaths, why do you support the British state and the British crown who have been responsible for the deaths and displacements of millions and millions of innocent people?

Last edited:

belfast1981

Responsible party No.
Persons unknown 82
Irish security forces 5
Total 3526
Regardless of who killed who, all i see is 3526 too many deaths on this Island.

Ifor Bach

Website
golang.pl
Well there you go again isolating the conflict into about a 40 year span. That's blatant historical revisionism and manipulation of facts. You're just ignorantly erasing decades and decades of history (I could go centuries but that would be too much of a cold harsh reality for you)

*edit* And as I've said previously, if you are that concerned with deaths, why do you support the British state and the British crown who have been responsible for the deaths and displacements of millions and millions of innocent people?
I thought you were interested in 'cold hard facts'. Well, them's the facts.

vinoboy

I thought you were interested in 'cold hard facts'. Well, them's the facts.
FFS IB , Global Tosser takes an 800 year view with us being directly responsible for famine and Dev wearing glasses and being ugly .

Mickeymac

FFS IB , Global Tosser takes an 800 year view with us being directly responsible for famine and Dev wearing glasses and being ugly .

Fascists need to clam up about 'ugly' most folk have seen the vids and Nolan show and witnessed what ugliness is all about.:lol:

RedCloud

Fascists need to clam up about 'ugly' most folk have seen the vids and Nolan show and witnessed what ugliness is all about.:lol:
....a cold, miserable bedsit in lenadoon........plenty of socks though :)

LoughFoyle

Back to the City of Culture. Just been anounced that Radio 1's big weekend is coming back to Derry in May. Can't wait!!

RedCloud

Responsible party No.
Persons unknown 82
Irish security forces 5
Total 3526
B-Specials; 1.

Global Justice

B-Specials; 1.
http://www.politics.ie/forum/history/205153-british-legacy-barbarity-ireland-child-slave-trade.html

British Army Killings in Ireland, Iraq and Afghanistan - British Army Killings

New British Empire - Evil London, Bloody England and Genocidal UK Imperialism

A People

You have a morbid fetish for death totals. Hows about the millions and millions slaughtered and displaced by your crown forces throughout it's blood-soaked imperialist history? Is that why you detest the Irish republicans so much because you hold those who murdered much more in a higher regard? Sicko

IRA what?

:)

RedCloud

http://www.politics.ie/forum/history/205153-british-legacy-barbarity-ireland-child-slave-trade.html

British Army Killings in Ireland, Iraq and Afghanistan - British Army Killings

New British Empire - Evil London, Bloody England and Genocidal UK Imperialism

A People

You have a morbid fetish for death totals. Hows about the millions and millions slaughtered and displaced by your crown forces throughout it's blood-soaked imperialist history? Is that why you detest the Irish republicans so much because you hold those who murdered much more in a higher regard? Sicko

IRA what?

:)
A Notion Once Again , huh buddy boy ? :)

theloner

This is kinda funny, was Mark Simpson not a dead give away?

I like the part at the end where the woman calls it L/Derry but her mate makes the point of calling it Derry. The English, a great bunch of lads!

BBC News - Which city is UK City of Culture 2013?

Glaucon

Who here knows, without googling, what the European City of Culture, 2013 is?

I thought so. The "UK City of Culture" title is irrelevant.

Still, I'll bet poor Bilko's blood boiled when the Brits in that piece started calling it an "Irish city". petunia

belfast1981

European City of Culture??... urgh, without googling its either Marseille or Munich... I know I heard this a while ago.. I want to go with Marseille, but not 100% sure.

I had friends who have been to both this year, and I remember them saying that one was the Euro City of Culture lol.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies