Desecrated ancient tomb found under Dublin's Hellfire Club - possible tourist attraction ?

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com
The Green Jersey brigade must be drooling over this - a desecrated ancient tomb is being uncovered at Dublin's Hellfire Club ...surely a perfect tourist attraction ...and people could stay the night ?

‘Ancient passage tomb’ found beneath Dublin’s Hellfire Club

“Dublin’s Hellfire Club”, “The Blasters” or the “Young Bucks of Dublin” - a group of aristocrats described by Jonathan Swift as “a brace of Monsters, Blasphemers and Bacchanalians”.... However, the destruction of the tomb during the building’s construction is said to mark the beginning of the lodge’s association with the supernatural.

What could possibly go wrong ?

I vote Enda and MMOC should test it - Halloween is coming

cyp

D

Deleted member 48908

Probably has something to do with the moditariat's decision to start their own thread on tonight's debate, despite their being an existing one for several days.

Enda times, I tell ya.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
Looks like Status Quo were there first. I can see the name 'Rossi' up there on the wall.

The Field Marshal

Looks like Status Quo were there first. I can see the name 'Rossi' up there on the wall.
That photo you refer to shows the interior of the ruins of the Hellfire club which are all at or above existing ground level.

This archaeological dig is supposedly concerned with remains below surface level.

The ruins are quite massive so how the archaeoligists have managed to go below ground is some undertaking.

gerhard dengler

That photo you refer to shows the interior of the ruins of the Hellfire club which are all at or above existing ground level.

This archaeological dig is supposedly concerned with remains below surface level.

The ruins are quite massive so how the archaeoligists have managed to go below ground is some undertaking.
Correct. That's what the photos do show. And Joe Public has had access to the interior for decades.

We used go training up there. Those runs used kill me petunia

The Field Marshal

Correct. That's what the photos do show. And Joe Public has had access to the interior for decades.

We used go training up there. Those runs used kill me petunia
It was closed off a few years ago to the public afaik.
The ruin was deemed structurally dangerous.

*EPIC SUCCESS*

They obviously went....

[video=youtube;T79pFr3qG9s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T79pFr3qG9s[/video]

The Field Marshal

They obviously went....

[video=youtube;T79pFr3qG9s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T79pFr3qG9s[/vieo][/video]
[video=youtube;T79pFr3qG9s]

Maybe.
I do hope that the site is made safe and re-opened for tourists.

The views of Dublin city from the top of that mountain on a clear night are breathtaking.[/video]

eoghanacht

RasherHash

Ancient walkway found under the sea, 8,000 years old 😬

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies