Desperate families in plea for Cheese

Asparagus

From the evening echo - just shows how bad things are

Echo front page
Were they desperate for cheese before the government announcement or because of it!!

Cos everytime i hear about it i imagine a cheddar drippingly tasty toasted cheese sandwich with Worcester sauce and some crinkle cut crisps on the side.
And now i am desperate for one.....

Tell me that its not easy singles though cos i have to draw a line somewhere.

cakeordeath

That's true...but still.....hardly a necessity.
It turns a potatoe into a dinner, pasta into a dish, bread into a sandwich, an egg into a cheese omlette......I put it on my shopping list as a basic. Very versatile.

cakeordeath

Sorry, I should add Deputy, You are right in that it is the potatoe, bread, pasta, milk, butter that are the basics...it's just that the cheese can turn them into something different.

Telemachus

Website
en.wikipedia.org
I note Queen McAleese is on the front of that paper giving an award to an African girl.

How much cheese can you buy for her wages of €260K ?

Assuming a wholesale price of €4 per kilogram, thats 65k kilograms or 71 tons or 13 Male African elephants if you like the popstyle of scientific measurements employed by our fantastically low-brow papers.

63 tons are being issued in the free cheese scheme btw.

I urge people to take the free cheese on offer and stick it through the letterbox of your nearest FF politician.

DeputyEdo

Sorry, I should add Deputy, You are right in that it is the potatoe, bread, pasta, milk, butter that are the basics...it's just that the cheese can turn them into something different.
Oh without a doubt.....I always say, if something tastes good, it'll taste better with cheese.
By the way...I'm not moaning about the fact people are getting cheese, I was just genuinely wondering if people consider cheese a basic necessity.

Why are we not getting cheese in the West? Does anyone know? What is this. To hell or to Connaught all over again.

Tea Party Patriot

St. Vincent de Paul were quoted on this one. They are always totally sensationalist

Inda Kenny

It really shows how divided this country is when the SVP are called sensationalist
They meet people daily face to face who need the basic food stuffs to exist and keep their faimilies fed.
Why not accuse them of handing out food to any Tom Dick or Harry that doesn't need it.

DeputyEdo

It really shows how divided this country is when the SVP are called sensationalist
They meet people daily face to face who need the basic food stuffs to exist and keep their faimilies fed.
Why not accuse them of handing out food to any Tom Dick or Harry that doesn't need it.

Well..to be honest.....I grew up in a council estate and saw people get help from the V.De.P, the same people would be out boozing every thurs, fri, sat and sun, or buying new clothes every week, or have new cars etc.

Ian O'Doherty: Why should we give these lazy, work-shy scum free money? - Ian O'Doherty, Columnists - Independent.ie

New Threads

Most Replies