• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Despicable racism!

Utopian Hermit Monk

Yesterday, Ashley Todd, aged 20, from Texas, made headlines when she claimed to have been attacked while withdrawing money from an ATM while working for the McCain campaign in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.

She said her attacker beat her, and scratched the letter 'B' (for Barack) on her face. According to her, the violence was provoked by a McCain bumper sticker on her car, parked nearby.

She described her attacker as a 6'4" dark-skinned African American male.

Today, Ms. Todd has admitted that she lied. There was no such attacker. The entire story was a fabrication. She will now be charged with filing a false police report. ( Woman admits making up McCain sticker attack, police say - CNN.com )

While McCain cannot be held personally responsible for this blatantly racist incident (such accusations used to result in lynchings!), the McCain/Palin campaign has created the climate in which such false accusations, overtly racist and designed to hurt Obama, are deemed acceptable.

More than ever, I hope Obama kicks McCain's ass big time on Novermebr 4!

coc

This was reported on FOX News last night. It was a comically inept attempt to stir up the rednecks. LOL!

draiocht23

Yesterday, Ashley Todd, aged 20, from Texas, made headlines when she claimed to have been attacked while withdrawing money from an ATM while working for the McCain campaign in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.

She said her attacker beat her, and scratched the letter 'B' (for Barack) on her face. According to her, the violence was provoked by a McCain bumper sticker on her car, parked nearby.

She described her attacker as a 6'4" dark-skinned African American male.

Today, Ms. Todd has admitted that she lied. There was no such attacker. The entire story was a fabrication. She will now be charged with filing a false police report. ( Woman admits making up McCain sticker attack, police say - CNN.com )

While McCain cannot be held personally responsible for this blatantly racist incident (such accusations used to result in lynchings!), the McCain/Palin campaign has created the climate in which such false accusations, overtly racist and designed to hurt Obama, are deemed acceptable.

More than ever, I hope Obama kicks McCain's ass big time on Novermebr 4!
So, did she get one of her friends to do that!?! Scary

Utopian Hermit Monk

It looks like the McCain campaign may be well and truly finished.

Earlier today, John Moody, Executive Vice President at Fox News, commented on his blog there that "this incident could become a watershed event in the 11 days before the election. If Ms. Todd's allegations are proven accurate, some voters may revisit their support for Senator Obama, not because they are racists (with due respect to Rep. John Murtha), but because they suddenly feel they do not know enough about the Democratic nominee.... If the incident turns out to be a hoax, Senator McCain's quest for the presidency is over, forever linked to race-baiting".

Note: that is from the Exec. Vice President of Fox News!

http://foxforum.blogs.foxnews.com/2008/10/23/jmoody_1023/

Last edited:

Kev408

Coming out with extremely isolated cases as if they were proof of anything is what the anti-immigrant brigade have been doing on P.ie for a few years now. It's peurile and pathetic.

Utopian Hermit Monk

Coming out with extremely isolated cases as if they were proof of anything is what the anti-immigrant brigade have been doing on P.ie for a few years now. It's peurile and pathetic.

"Extremely isolated cases"?
Are you for real?
Have you watched coverage of McCain and Palin campaign rallies in recent weeks?
Have you listened to the carefully coded racist rhetoric ('pal of terrorists', 'not like us', etc.)?
Do you know anything about the history of lynchings in the USA (especially in many of the areas described by Palin as the most "pro-American")?
Do you have any inkling of the emotions likely to be sparked by accustaion that a dark-skinned African American male assaulted a young white woman?

The only thing to be thankful for is that Ms. Todd's lies were exposed before there were innocent victims of revenge racist attacks on African Americans.

McCain should suspend his campaign again - this time, permanently!!

stannis

Kev is right. This is an isolated case. There is no reason for McCain to suspend his campaign, though it would suit some people very nicely if he did.

coc

It would suit McCain for one. It is over.

Kev408

Are you for real?
Have you listened to the carefully coded racist rhetoric ('pal of terrorists', 'not like us', etc.)?
Do you know anything about the history of lynchings in the USA (especially in many of the areas described by Palin as the most "pro-American")?
Do you have any inkling of the emotions likely to be sparked by accustaion that a dark-skinned African American male assaulted a young white woman?

The only thing to be thankful for is that Ms. Todd's lies were exposed before there were innocent victims of revenge racist attacks on African Americans.

Actually I do. That's why I deplore sensationalist shyte like this thread. I abhor racism in any way, shape or form. I also abhor the cherry-picking nonsensicality of suggesting that that youngwan is in any way typical of McCain. If I had a vote I would vote for Obama but spare me the senstionalist drivel.

Utopian Hermit Monk

Actually I do. That's why I deplore sensationalist shyte like this thread. I abhor racism in any way, shape or form. I also abhor the cherry-picking nonsensicality of suggesting that that youngwan is in any way typical of McCain. If I had a vote I would vote for Obama but spare me the senstionalist drivel.

Tell the Exec VP of Fox News, who understands what this means for the McCain campaign, to spare you the "sensationalist drivel" (have you read his blog, linked above?).

If you really think it is just a dinky little isolated incident, check out the comments on the Fox News site - and be sure to check out yesterday's comments at the same site, when people were still accepting the story as true.

Kev408

Tell the Exec VP of Fox News, who understands what this means for the McCain campaign, to spare you the "sensationalist drivel" (have you read his blog, linked above?).

If you really think it is just a dinky little isolated incident, check out the comments on the Fox News site - and be sure to check out yesterday's comments at the same site, when people were still accepting the story as true.
For the love of God, UHM, I'm aware of all the above! Posting threads about it and making those threads last longer than necessary is simply playing into the hands of the tiny minority of racists who post shyte like that every day. Let them. Those of us with a brain...DON'T.

myksav

Are you for real?

Over THAT?? Hell no. And I say that as an Obama voter. This was just a silly twit who forgot about things like forensics until after she made the first 'report'.

Forget trying to play the race card, it's not on the script for the Dem campaign.

Barry

Website
politicalpapers.proboards85.com
Her black eye looks really fake, no swelling.
Its called pencil lead/graphite. Make a large black spot on a page with a pencil, then rub the paper onto your eye. It looks identical to it.

Sure we all tried it before surely?

I wonder how she made the B though.

draiocht23

Its called pencil lead/graphite. Make a large black spot on a page with a pencil, then rub the paper onto your eye. It looks identical to it.

Sure we all tried it before surely?

I wonder how she made the B though.
I must confess, I've gotten black marks on my face from reading the paper but never tried to give myself a black eye!

Barry

Website
politicalpapers.proboards85.com
Close enough. I tried it during the generals to frame the blueshirts. The rumble in renelagh stole the headlines that day though.

draiocht23

Close enough. I tried it during the generals to frame the blueshirts. The rumble in renelagh stole the headlines that day though.
I wouldn't feel bad...Michael McDowell stole a lot of thunder over the years...would have been great if he'd taken a leaf out of you book (or newspaper) and given himself some war paint before he clambered up that pole...!

Kev408

Barry, they would have spelled 'renelagh' corectly. Reduce the detritus that appears with your name. G'wan...do that for me.