Details of the homecoming for the victorious Mayo Senior football All Ireland Champions 2017 released

Round tower

I don't get your logic there, are you suggesting that Wexford should support Kilkenny because they're both in Leinster? That's crazy. After Meath stole a Leinster title from Louth in 2010, your logic suggests that Louth people should have swallowed their pride and cheered them on as one of their own?

Have you ever played, yourself?

Anyway, here's the Mayo team of 15 heroes. The last Mayo team that won Sam produced 2 deputies for the Dáil. How many ministers can be found in this present lot?
Mayo name team for All-Ireland final with Dublin - Independent.ie
Leinster is different but for a small province of 5 counties which any success should be welcome by all, when Galway won the hurling any Mayo people i have met was delighted with their success. As for Louth/Meath i would not blame Louth for never supporting after Meath and the GAA stole the Leinster title from them. Dublin/Meath rivalry that would be like Celtic/Rangers without the religion element. No i never played football but would have playedy soccer.

bmw1

The OP's title seems a bit previous.

Up Mayo though, I believe football would be the better for it with a Mayo win...
absolutely agree.... Id say at this stage they have the support of most of the other 31 counties ... MaighEo ABU

Roberto Jordan

Leinster is different but for a small province of 5 counties which any success should be welcome by all, when Galway won the hurling any Mayo people i have met was delighted with their success. As for Louth/Meath i would not blame Louth for never supporting after Meath and the GAA stole the Leinster title from them. Dublin/Meath rivalry that would be like Celtic/Rangers without the religion element. No i never played football but would have playedy soccer.
TBF , and all due respect to Tooreen & Ballyhaunis etc., Mayo in effect do not hurl - so its easy support Galway - doubly so when the hurling areas of Galway are a long way from Cong and the other border lands.

I do recognize that historically Connaught teams wished each other well in football but in respect to football this seemed to die off in the 90's. I can remember my father hoping Mayo would win in 89 , by the late 90's, in spite of Galway winning a title themselves, I think there was no county he wished more ill to than Mayo.......

think that the range of personalities, which has made their teams interesting , on the mayo team & around it contributed to that -John Casey, Liam Mchale, or Ciaran McDonald were different types of guys in how they carried themselves & acted/ spoke in pucblic to PJ or Ja Fallon, for example...... even John O Mahony , a mayoman, stood in contrast to Maughan at the time....so in the anecdotal example of my dad it came down to the men in green n'red kind of being full of $************************e.....

Expose the lot of them

Is it over yet? Who won?

I am in Germany, just checked the IT, GAA scores are a mystery to me but it looks straightforward this time,. Dublin won, the curse prevails, how many of that 1951(?) team are still alive?

Last edited:

odlum

Mayo won the heart. Football is poor though. Nowhere near as great or skillful as the traditional FF sport of hurling.

Oh the tribalism.

I love it in a sense.

razorblade

Another runners up medal for Mayo im starting to believe they will never win the big prize.

EUrJokingMeRight

Mayo won the heart. Football is poor though. Nowhere near as great or skillful as the traditional FF sport of hurling.
Hurling is a far superior game. But it has nothing to do with Fianna Fail FFS.

troll account

So many players have being subbed at the end of a game is chaotic mayo should have won that match need players like Andy Moran to commit to next year and immediately

HenryHorace

First GAA match I've watched in years. Is the violence par for course or is it because it's a big match?

ger12

ger12

razorblade

First GAA match I've watched in years. Is the violence par for course or is it because it's a big match?
In a match of that magnitude tensions are bound to emerge to the fore front i dont think it was too bad considering.

milipod

[video=youtube;y1U6g-kJ5og]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1U6g-kJ5og[/video]

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies