Developers laughing at us!

Oldira1

For months I have warned people that NAMA is all about buying time and saving developers. I warned people that these criminals would transfer all their wealth offshore or to family members. Now we see Liam Carroll has transferred millons worth of property to his wife. Seanie Dunnes wife is the beneficial owner of €60 million worth of real estate in ballsbridge (all this on a journalists salary!!!!!). Baldy Quinlan has done a runner to Switzerland where his children are in exclusibve privtae schools. There is nothing in NAMA about going after the developers. The banks have no incentive to chase them as they will have been paid for the loans and any monies collected would go to NAMA. The government could have frozen assets and declared that all assets transfers to family members etc for the past 5 years would be declared null and void if the transferor had impaired loans. Nothing was done and now we are being screwed with taxes, children having their allowance cut, children denied cancer vaccines and special needs classes being decimated.
Its not just Fianna Fail/Greens that are guilty. Where is the opposition outrage? Why is Alan 'Dublin mountain ride fan' Dukes not expelled from Fine Gael for consenting to Anglo Irish offering €68 million to Liam Carroll? Is it because Sutherland and Gleeson still carry weight (no pun intended) in the party?

Pauli

Oldira, welcome to the conscious world. Wake up and smell the corruption. THis should not be a surprise to you. Really, it shouldn't. Scams, dodgy deals, brown envelopes, conflicts of interest, blatant corruption and iffy bailouts are the dirty washing that festoons the interface between Irish politics and Irish business and have been for decades. Get used to it. It will only get worse because people keep voting for it.

Digout

Good point on the dukes of hazzard, if FG have any balls they would boot him out now. Let him then go to his real home in FF.

DCon

For months I have warned people that NAMA is all about buying time and saving developers. I warned people that these criminals would transfer all their wealth offshore or to family members. Now we see Liam Carroll has transferred millons worth of property to his wife. Seanie Dunnes wife is the beneficial owner of €60 million worth of real estate in ballsbridge (all this on a journalists salary!!!!!). Baldy Quinlan has done a runner to Switzerland where his children are in exclusibve privtae schools. There is nothing in NAMA about going after the developers. The banks have no incentive to chase them as they will have been paid for the loans and any monies collected would go to NAMA. The government could have frozen assets and declared that all assets transfers to family members etc for the past 5 years would be declared null and void if the transferor had impaired loans. Nothing was done and now we are being screwed with taxes, children having their allowance cut, children denied cancer vaccines and special needs classes being decimated.
Its not just Fianna Fail/Greens that are guilty. Where is the opposition outrage? Why is Alan 'Dublin mountain ride fan' Dukes not expelled from Fine Gael for consenting to Anglo Irish offering €68 million to Liam Carroll? Is it because Sutherland and Gleeson still carry weight (no pun intended) in the party?
I think the Developers AND the politicians (90% of them at least) are laughing at us.

orbit

This big speech on 16 September had better deal with all of these issues. If necessary, have a referendum to underpin the legislation, and make NAMA's claims on any collateral, retrospective. There should be no excuses.

Cael

Where is the anger? These people are stealing billons while The Monk et al only ever stole a few million. This is a massive conspiracy against the people and that amounts to treason.
Absolutely. All the drugs gangs put together are just alter boys compared to the criminals who run this sad country - the landowners and their bankers, along with their cowardly footmen, Fianna Fáil.

jpc

NAMA
The boys are still in charge.

Digout

Where is the anger? These people are stealing billons while The Monk et al only ever stole a few million. This is a massive conspiracy against the people and that amounts to treason.
Haughey stole very little compared to SCAMA, look how huaghey was hated in the end.

Captain Con O'Sullivan

Oh I dare say one or two developers are s******************************ing behind their hands at the scam their mates in govt are arranging for them.

The s******************************ing will stop when one of them turns up face down in a ditch.

I can really see this happening.

jpc

Oh I dare say one or two developers are s******************************ing behind their hands at the scam their mates in govt are arranging for them.

The s******************************ing will stop when one of them turns up face down in a ditch.

I can really see this happening.
Look at the transfer of properties (with no loans attached) to family members happening as we speak.

Captain Con O'Sullivan

Look at the transfer of properties (with no loans attached) to family members happening as we speak.

Actually on that subject I believe it is against the law to do this and such assets can be seized by the CAB. Which is presumaby why this whole thing is not being handled by the CAB.

There was a case recently of a drug dealer in Limerick who transferred a whole load of assets out of his name but the CAB were able to grab the lot on the basis that they could show that he was attempting to evade confiscation.

If those developers are transferring assets, a la the Christian Brothers with the help of Pat Cox, then I think the state needs to pursue the people to whom the assets have been transferred.

Tax wise, if I suddenly had a whole load of propery assets transferred to my name wouldn't I be liable for Capital Gains tax? Or is it different for spouses?

Either way those spouses will need to have their tax affairs audited this year by the Inland Revenue, no?

rhonda15

in the middle ages they used to put people in stocks and throw rotten tomatoes

also used to banish people forever from their shores for foul deeds

i say bring back these practices

costs us nothing and it sure feels good

in the middle ages they used to put people in stocks and throw rotten tomatoes

also used to banish people forever from their shores for foul deeds

i say bring back these practices

costs us nothing and it sure feels good
There's a reason they're referred to as the Middle Ages. As in, more backward.

Perhaps we should abandon toilet paper too?

Victor Meldrew

Absolutely. All the drugs gangs put together are just alter boys compared to the criminals who run this sad country - the landowners and their bankers, along with their cowardly footmen, Fianna Fáil.
Seriously, there is something truly sociopathic about FF membership.

I can't understand any moral or "justice based" motive for joining FF, all you would do it for is to get influence and advantage at the expense of your fellow citizens.

Since the foundation of the party they have lacked a moral compass.

FF are pure expediency in the pursuit of self advancement.

Sucker Punch

There's a reason they're referred to as the Middle Ages. As in, more backward.

Perhaps we should abandon toilet paper too?
Yes, toilet paper is very bad for the environment, you'd be much better off washing your backside, plus it's more hygenic.

teapot

Developers Laughing at Us!

Actually on that subject I believe it is against the law to do this and such assets can be seized by the CAB. Which is presumaby why this whole thing is not being handled by the CAB.

There was a case recently of a drug dealer in Limerick who transferred a whole load of assets out of his name but the CAB were able to grab the lot on the basis that they could show that he was attempting to evade confiscation.

If those developers are transferring assets, a la the Christian Brothers with the help of Pat Cox, then I think the state needs to pursue the people to whom the assets have been transferred.

Tax wise, if I suddenly had a whole load of propery assets transferred to my name wouldn't I be liable for Capital Gains tax? Or is it different for spouses?

Either way those spouses will need to have their tax affairs audited this year by the Inland Revenue, no?
Why would the CAB want to outdistance the Garda in their efforts to sort this lot out??? Or any other Government Regulatory (joke) Body??? If these boyos intruded into the affairs of the FF-protected parasites we're discussing, they would probably find themselves queuing up for the Dole (sorry, Job Seeker's Allowance) Our authorities are still very much CJH/Bertie oriented when it comes to establishing their priorities which seem to be a no-boat-rocking-do-as-you're-told-it'll-all be-OK (Wink) and their bosses will be returned to do as they want. Can we have a couple of new Smileys, please? a two finger one and a US type middle digit would be nice...

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies