• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Dial a Nutter Radio shows

wombat

Does anyone find the use of text messages to fill space in the so called news shows annoying? I have been out of work for the past few weeks, so I have been listening to quite a few "news" programs - Kenny, Newstalk, Matt Cooper so my observation isn't confined to a single station. I know the texting comments feature is a nice earner but is it a case of exploiting the mentally feeble within the community?
There is a simple solution for anyone like myself, plenty of music stations available but is it a form of exploitation of the vulnerable?

ruserious

People text in if they want to so they can voice their opinions, like here.

Iarmhi Gael

Have to agree Wombat - and hopefully you get employment soon

If you are listening to Ryan Tubridy at present you will hear stories of people who have went to great lengths to lie and con people. From Cancer patients to one person who was terminably ill. Mad the stories.

'orebel

There is a simple solution for anyone like myself, plenty of music stations available but is it a form of exploitation of the vulnerable?
I guess that depends on your idea of what music is.

'orebel

'orebel

ruserious

Just so you know. That's a lot.
Oh ya, I mean somedays, I could post 100 such as that Angelus thread which is still going, and I mightn't be on here for a week then another time.

Howya

The Tv and radio shows love the texting and twitter - they get to "engage" with their audience. In reality, it is nothing other than the public thinking that their voice will be heard amongst the thousands/millions of electronic messages. Occasionally a message rises to the top and that just reinforces the public's belief that their voice will be heard one day....

Howya

councilkid

I guess that depends on your idea of what music is.
Lyric FM is pretty decent. Nova (Dublin) is ok as well but a bit repetitive. Personally, I wouldn't listen to the talk radio shows like Joe Duffy for more than a couple of minutes before having to switch the radio off.

FakeViking

Does anyone find the use of text messages to fill space in the so called news shows annoying? I have been out of work for the past few weeks, so I have been listening to quite a few "news" programs - Kenny, Newstalk, Matt Cooper so my observation isn't confined to a single station. I know the texting comments feature is a nice earner but is it a case of exploiting the mentally feeble within the community?
Are you trying to suggest that the Radio shows get a better class of nutter than here on p.ie?

wombat

Personally, I wouldn't listen to the talk radio shows like Joe Duffy for more than a couple of minutes before having to switch the radio off.
I never listen to Joe or the late night phone in shows - I was just surprised by the amount of texting in supposed news shows, the other thing I noticed was the amount of advertising, RTE is bad but commercial stations are incredible.

wombat

Are you trying to suggest that the Radio shows get a better class of nutter than here on p.ie?
Much of a muchness but this place is free and you know what to expect:lol:

'orebel

Lyric FM is pretty decent. Nova (Dublin) is ok as well but a bit repetitive. Personally, I wouldn't listen to the talk radio shows like Joe Duffy for more than a couple of minutes before having to switch the radio off.
Internet radio is the way to go.

http://tunein.com/