• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Dicey Reilly telling porky pies?

Grey Area

Responding to an article in yesterday’s Irish Times which said the deal would be worth less than half the €400 million headline amount announced in October, the spokesman said Dr Reilly had never claimed it would produce this level of savings.

Direct from the Dept. of Health's website press release on the 15th October, 2012

New drug deal worth €400 million over three years says Minister Reilly

"The Minister for Health Dr James Reilly has today (15th October, 2012) announced that intensive negotiations involving the Irish Pharmaceutical Healthcare Association (IPHA), the HSE and the Department of Health have reached a successful conclusion with a major new deal on the cost of drugs in the State. The deal is an important step in reducing the cost base of the health system. The new deal, with a value in excess of €400 million over the next three years."

The Journal reported the following back October 2012

"Reilly claims the new deal will save the State more than €400 million over the next three years, representing “an important step in reducing the cost base of the health system”.

The IT reported the following back in October 2012

"A deal to cut the State’s drugs bill by up to €400 million over the next three years has been reached, the Department of Health has said."

Today's IT
"The recent deal between the Department of Health and manufacturers will cut the cost of drugs to the State by about €190 million, Minister for Health James Reilly clarified yesterday. While the deal was worth €400 million, the Government had decided to make a significant reinvestment in cutting-edge drugs for patients costing €70 million a year over three years, a spokesman for Dr Reilly said."

"At the time of the deal with the Irish Pharmaceutical Healthcare Association, Dr Reilly said it had a value of over €400 million over three years."

So it was worth €400 million but he decided to give €210 million back to the drug companies after he and Enda had a chat with the drug companies? No press release about this €210 million "significant reinvestment" at the time and one has to wonder why?

I suppose some would call this 'spinning' i.e. "The action or process of converting fibers into thread or yarn."

Yarn = "Tell a long or implausible story" in other words untruths or lies.

Why are taxpayers paying a Minister and his advisors to tell them lies?

FG's new politics = fail!

Kenny and Reilly met major drug firm chiefs - The Irish Times - Tue, Dec 11, 2012

New drug deal worth

Minister Reilly announces ‘landmark’ €400 million drug deal

Last edited:

turdsl

Are people really that foolish,Sure nobody with an ounce of intelligence gives any heed

to those two now, You have to go on a persons record.

Personally, i would not believe one word they say now,

Sad to say, It is not my fault, It is based on their own record.

DownTheyGo

There is a picture being painted...

Tie in the above with the story about MNCs lobbying Kenny not to increase the USC rate in a way that would have impacted executive pay.

What other deals have been struck or are in the works and who benefits?

Corporatism over the citizen - FG need to rebrand!

Grey Area

It's about time all Ministers diaries were made public in a meaningful way i.e. a weekly update of all meetings to be posted on the Dept.'s website no more than one week in arrears. Who could argue against this?

Last edited:

daveL

It's about time all Ministers diaries were made public in a meaningful way i.e. a weekly update of all meetings to be posted on the Dept.'s website no more than one week in arrears. Who could argue against this?
Ministers

Grey Area

Ministers would argue. Ergo you can forget about it. They wouldn't allow any such legislation or practice.
Why not they are our employees?

I had so many people using company vehicles at one stage I had to install sat tracking in all of them. No-one objected and I could tell exactly where the vehicles where in realtime (a one minute delay) it's all perfectly legal. I had sales reps provide me with reports on they're daily meetings on a weekly basis. All legitimate business rationale. So why should Cabinet members be exempt? A weeks delay in reporting same solves any security issues. IMO there is no excuse!

daveL

Why not they are our employees?

I had so many people using company vehicles at one stage I had to install sat tracking in all of them. No-one objected and I could tell exactly where the vehicles where in realtime (a one minute delay) it's all perfectly legal. I had sales reps provide me with reports on they're daily meetings on a weekly basis. All legitimate business rationale. So why should Cabinet members be exempt? A weeks delay in reporting same solves any security issues. IMO there is no excuse!
They are not our employees though are they

Anyway, this is going off track

Grey Area

They are not our employees though are they

Anyway, this is going off track
They are paid from general taxation which is extracted fom all of us i.e. tax payers so we ARE they're employers.

Ribeye

Rte Radio,

Lump boy has been caught strokin again:)

"gud luk wit tha" :)

Ulster-Lad

Rte Radio,

Lump boy has been caught strokin again:)

"gud luk wit tha" :)
I suppose a wee bit of detail is out of the question?

mido

a suprising thread title fro dr bottler would be REILLY TELLS TRUTH SHOCKER!

mido

DR BOTTLER funding his cabinet colleagues constituency hospitals in advance of HSE plans to do so. any wonder cathal magee left.....

Ribeye

He bumped hospital upgrades up the list for Little & Large, and the boys, like idiots, announced the good news before the board of the HSE had signed off on the decision, in order to get some nice healthy headlines,

Don't worry, I'm sure a thread will be with us soon enough:)

ger12

I though it quite an explosive story. Sheds a little more light on why the HSE CEO Cathal Magee may have left and chose not to take the 1 million he was due, saying the country needed it more. Seems like the real cowboys had taken over.

Ribeye

Ye gotta love Tubso really,

He just keeps on munchin pizzas, and spitting out scandals:)

ger12

Ye gotta love Tubso really,

He just keeps on munchin pizzas, and spitting out scandals:)
He's dragged Howlin and Hogan into this one. I'm sure they'll be delighted.

DCon

He's dragged Howlin and Hogan into this one. I'm sure they'll be delighted.
If they were complicit in actions to promote their political franchise, leading to financial gain, then they deserve to be dragged in