Dick Roche States Ireland would have gone down tubes without blanket guarantee

MPB

On The Week in Politics tonight Dick Roche delared as a matter of fact, that Ireland would have gone down the tubes without the blanket guarantee.

Does anybody agree? Or does anybody think that the blanket guarantee has caused Ireland to decend down the tubes?

He3

Who is he?

johntrenchard

He is a FF resident fool. But seemingly he used to be very important, especially when we were told to vote yes or die, to Lisbon.
ah yes. i remember that campaign. Lisbon was supposed to give us all jobs.

Nice to see how that ones worked out.

flavirostris

As usual, the opposite of what the FF mouthpiece says is true..i.e it is the guarantee which is sucking us inexorably down the pan

Squire Allworthy

As usual, the opposite of what the FF mouthpiece says is true..i.e it is the guarantee which is sucking us inexorably down the pan

I also believe and believed that it was a major mistake and an inexplicable decision. I thought that it was obviously a bluff and a dangerous one if called.

A more limited guarantee may have been more appropriate, but we will never know now how alternatives would have worked. We will however know the cost of this decision.

MPB

According to Dick, it has saved us and is the only reason we still exist as a sovereign.

spidermom

OH FU*K OFF DICK...you don't know how much the banks are gonna cost us...so how can you tell us what woulda/mighta/coulda happened???

Yeah right!!

dresden8

According to Dick, it has saved us and is the only reason we still exist as a sovereign.
We only exist as a sovereign on the basis that Lenny has to get approval from Europe for any decisions.

i.e. no sovereignty at all.

MPB

We only exist as a sovereign on the basis that Lenny has to get approval from Europe for any decisions.

i.e. no sovereignty at all.
FF, say its different. Dick says that the guarantee saved us, he said it was a matter of fact.

dresden8

FF, say its different. Dick says that the guarantee saved us, he said it was a matter of fact.
Maybe he did, but he's a useless stupid twat.

If he told you to put your hand in the fire, would you?

New Threads

Most Replies