Dick Roche tells ITV News he thinks Irish bailout will happen tomorrow

OceanFrog

Why has this not been told to an Irish news outlet first?

Instead, we have FF all over the irish media swearing blind there will be no bail out.

MPB

I wonder who is picking up the tab for this Irish Bank bailout to save the European Banking and Monetary system?

constitutionus

From ITV's Daisy McAndrew

bwah ha ha ha ha ha ha !

has he got an application form now ?

jaysus its like lisbon 2 all over again. how does the guy have the neck to go out im public when he's proven to be such a spoofer time and time again

:) :) :)

Wester

It might very well have been, but in the main the Irish media are the government's lapdog so we don't hear anything like the true story through RTE or Independent News and Media for that matter.

collina

Because the punishment the EU can dish out to FF is more immediate than that of the Irish Electorate.

Socratus O' Pericles

12.17pm: Daisy McAndrew, ITV News economics editor, just tweeted a very interesting line following a meeting* with Dick Roche, Ireland's minister of state for Europe:

Just interviewed dick roche, he thinks resolution will be tomorrow in the form of irish bank bail out.

Earlier this morning Roche had admitted that Ireland's banks had a "problem with liquidity", but it's certainly interesting that he's now suggesting a deal could be hammered out by Wednesday.

The ITV crew have now been hauled back to London to cover the Royal Engagement, so we don't have any more details on their Roche interview, alas.

Prorities eh?

DeputyEdo

FF said there will be no bailout, so following what I call the rules of "What FF say", you completely disregard what they say, and go in the opposite direction, therefore, a bailout was always going to happen.

krusty

From ITV's Daisy McAndrew
Good Link to keep up with news as it breaks

Ireland's debt crisis - live coverage | Business | guardian.co.uk

Posted earlier (see below)

12.17pm: Daisy McAndrew, ITV News economics editor, just tweeted a very interesting line following a meeting* with Dick Roche, Ireland's minister of state for Europe:

Just interviewed dick roche, he thinks resolution will be tomorrow in the form of irish bank bail out.

Earlier this morning Roche had admitted that Ireland's banks had a "problem with liquidity", but it's certainly interesting that he's now suggesting a deal could be hammered out by Wednesday.

The ITV crew have now been hauled back to London to cover the Royal Engagement, so we don't have any more details on their Roche interview, alas.

* - more of a door-stepping, according to ITV's Jess Brammar

constitutionus

Instead, we have FF all over the irish media swearing blind there will be no bail out.

at a guess i dont think anyone takes the irish media seriously in this issue.

theyre too embedded with the establishment and in fairness any other domestic press would be doing the same in any other country if it was happening to them

so this will probably give it weight. particularly considering the foreign press has been spot on in regards to recent events on this issue.

i mean would YOU trust RTE at this stage ?

nice to see dick can now make predictions, he couldnt on newstalk yesterday !

:)

Tigris Celtica

Noah 2010

In the year 2010, the Lord came unto Noah, now living in Ireland , and said: Once again the earth has become wicked, and I see the end of all flesh before me.

Build another Ark and save 2 of every living thing long with a few good humans.

He gave Noah the blueprints, saying: You have 6 months to build the Ark before I will start
the unending rain for 40 days and 40 nights.

Six months later, the Lord looked down and saw Noah weeping in his yard - but no Ark.
Noah! He roared, I'm about to start the rain! Where is the Ark ?
Forgive me, Lord, begged Noah, but things have changed.

I need Bord Pleanala approval.

I've been arguing with the inspector about the need for a sprinkler system.

My neighbours claim that I've violated zoning laws by building the Ark in my yard and exceeding the height limitations. We have to go to an appeals tribunal.

Then the Department of Transport demanded a bond be posted for the future costs of moving power lines to reach the sea.
I told them that the sea would be coming to us, but they would hear nothing of it.

Getting the wood was another problem. There's a ban on cutting local trees in order to save the red squirrel.

I tried to convince the environmentalists that I needed the wood to save the squirrels - but no go!

When I started gathering the animals, an animal rights group sued me.
They argued the accommodations were too restrictive, and it was cruel and inhumane to put so many animals in a confined space.

Then the EPA ruled that I couldn't build the Ark until they'd conducted an environmental impact study on your proposed flood.

I'm still trying to resolve a complaint with the ICTU over using Polish carpenters on my building crew.

Now immigration are checking the status of all the people on the job.

The trades unions insist that I hire only Union workers with Ark-building experience.

To make matters worse, NAMA seized all my assets, claiming I'm trying to leave the country illegally.

So, forgive me, Lord, but it would take at least 10 years for me to finish this Ark.

Suddenly the skies cleared, the sun began to shine, and a rainbow stretched across the sky.

Noah looked up in wonder and asked, 'You mean you're not going to destroy the world?'

'No,' said the Lord.

'Fianna Fail beat me to it.'

Watcher2

ssshhhhhh, maybe people haven't heard of the internet and Dickie thinks he will get away with it.

OceanFrog

RTE radio news at 1 just reporting Dick Roche saying Ireland will not need to avail of any European bail-out mechanisims.

WTF is going on here? This is blatant spin and lying from someone ...

theObserver@hotmail.com

Noah 2010

In the year 2010, the Lord came unto Noah, now living in Ireland , and said: Once again the earth has become wicked, and I see the end of all flesh before me.

Build another Ark and save 2 of every living thing long with a few good humans.

He gave Noah the blueprints, saying: You have 6 months to build the Ark before I will start
the unending rain for 40 days and 40 nights.

Six months later, the Lord looked down and saw Noah weeping in his yard - but no Ark.
Noah! He roared, I'm about to start the rain! Where is the Ark ?
Forgive me, Lord, begged Noah, but things have changed.

I need Bord Pleanala approval.

I've been arguing with the inspector about the need for a sprinkler system.

My neighbours claim that I've violated zoning laws by building the Ark in my yard and exceeding the height limitations. We have to go to an appeals tribunal.

Then the Department of Transport demanded a bond be posted for the future costs of moving power lines to reach the sea.
I told them that the sea would be coming to us, but they would hear nothing of it.

Getting the wood was another problem. There's a ban on cutting local trees in order to save the red squirrel.

I tried to convince the environmentalists that I needed the wood to save the squirrels - but no go!

When I started gathering the animals, an animal rights group sued me.
They argued the accommodations were too restrictive, and it was cruel and inhumane to put so many animals in a confined space.

Then the EPA ruled that I couldn't build the Ark until they'd conducted an environmental impact study on your proposed flood.

I'm still trying to resolve a complaint with the ICTU over using Polish carpenters on my building crew.

Now immigration are checking the status of all the people on the job.

The trades unions insist that I hire only Union workers with Ark-building experience.

To make matters worse, NAMA seized all my assets, claiming I'm trying to leave the country illegally.

So, forgive me, Lord, but it would take at least 10 years for me to finish this Ark.

Suddenly the skies cleared, the sun began to shine, and a rainbow stretched across the sky.

Noah looked up in wonder and asked, 'You mean you're not going to destroy the world?'

'No,' said the Lord.

'Fianna Fail beat me to it.'
Excellant. :D

The Dude

David Davin Power on twitter says Roche denies making the comment

Dick roche denying he told ITN's Daisy McAndrew bank bailout to be announced tomorrow! "Daisy Daisy, give us your answer, do"

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies