Did Albert Reynolds avoid court due to Alzeimers?

SKELLY

no his memory loss only applied to certain buildings, leinster house being one.

corelli

He had a ghost writer and it was mainly completed before he became ill, to be fair. In addition, I believe he was excused from appearing at one of the Tribunals because of health reasons, rather than Court.

Panopticon

The man is well known to be ill. A simple search of p.ie threads would have told OP that.

stanley

Judge Mahon was very careful at the Tribunal with regard to Albert, his own medical people's assessment was checked and two seperate independent examinations took place before Mahon accepted the "cognitive impairment" plea.

It may seem damn convenient for Albert but I for one am with Mahon on this, they were very careful and meticulous to be fair.

It could have been interesting to see Albert and Bertie pull each other apart and thereon FF but it just means we have to wait a bit longer.

itchy

The man is well known to be ill. A simple search of p.ie threads would have told OP that.
sorry, didn't know there other threads on it. Thanks for the heads-up

He looked ok to me on the news there just now. I know of a great nickname he used to have but I dunno if I'm allowed say it. Mind you, he say's he can't go to court so maybe I can say it.

stanley

He looked ok to me on the news there just now. I know of a great nickname he used to have but I dunno if I'm allowed say it. Mind you, he say's he can't go to court so maybe I can say it.

Tis better out than in, confession is good for the soul, at least thats what the priests will tell you.

Website
www.politics.ie
Twitter
davidcochrane

You're on the quick route to either a solicitors letter, a banning, or both.

Digout

Sure ahern is the same, ever hear him rattling off numbers and statistics about when he was finance mininster? Then when asked what happened to 50k of his own money he cant remember....

Louth Planner

You're on the quick route to either a solicitors letter, a banning, or both.
Why? Is it because of the nickname or because he dared say the sacred one looked ok on the news? If its the nickname, then presumably quite a few of the public know it so he cant be sued. If its because he said Albert looked ok on the news, then I cant see how that is somehow cause for a solicitors letter. Its just his opinion. In fact, Alberts picture in the papers this mornign after his book launch, he look ok to me too.

twinman

Sure ahern is the same, ever hear him rattling off numbers and statistics about when he was finance mininster? Then when asked what happened to 50k of his own money he cant remember....
when is Mahon reporting? i'm starting to get giddy with excitement.

yehbut_nobut

Judge Mahon was very careful at the Tribunal with regard to Albert, his own medical people's assessment was checked and two seperate independent examinations took place before Mahon accepted the "cognitive impairment" plea.

It may seem damn convenient for Albert but I for one am with Mahon on this, they were very careful and meticulous to be fair.

It could have been interesting to see Albert and Bertie pull each other apart and thereon FF but it just means we have to wait a bit longer.

True, he was also wise enough to leave his decision (to excuse Reynolds from giving oral testimony) open to review, should there be any improvement in his medical condition. I don't know whether that has lapsed or not, seeing as thetribunal report should be nearly complete...

Digout

when is Mahon reporting? i'm starting to get giddy with excitement.
As far as I know, the report is ready now. Sadly certain people are trying to stop its publication, we should def have it by next March.

We dont want it now anyway, its better that we get it when there is a non FF justice minister....

yehbut_nobut

As far as I know, the report is ready now. Sadly certain people are trying to stop its publication, we should def have it by next March.

We dont want it now anyway, its better that we get it when there is a non FF justice minister....

I know what you mean, but I'd rather it comes out while Ahern is still a T.D. than after an election when he's "resigned". There would be some sense of justice being served to see him booted out of the Dail.

Digout

I know what you mean, but I'd rather it comes out while Ahern is still a T.D. than after an election when he's "resigned". There would be some sense of justice being served to see him booted out of the Dail.
I want to see him in Jail, I dont care when it happens, but the sooner the better.

sumlulu

It is also concerning that both Albert, considering his condition, and Bertie, considering everything, are both members of the council of state who as recently as July were convened to consider the defamation bill and criminal justice act!

Digout

It is also concerning that both Albert, considering his condition, and Bertie, considering everything, are both members of the council of state who as recently as July were convened to consider the defamation bill and criminal justice act!

Its certainly a double standard that albert was allowed go there, ahern does not have a proven medical condition...

athlonedub

Saw Albert recently at a social gathering. He seemed in great form. Then in the space of 5 minutes, he asked the same question of the same individual twice , and clearly had no recollection of the detailed response he got to the question the first time around. Quite sad, as one thinks of your own parents and how it will probably come to them (and us all...)

New Threads

Most Replies