Did an XBox game inspire a terrorist attack?

eyeswideopen

Terrible event. 100 people killed through use of indoor fireworks in a night club. People couldnt get out -nearly 200 burned.

Last edited:

Daito

A similar claim was made after the 9/11 attacks in relation to a Flight Simulator game. I'd give little credence to the idea that games inspire terrorist attacks.

The lunatic mind will always find a way to express its rage and powerlessness in violence.

The OD

A similar claim was made after the 9/11 attacks in relation to a Flight Simulator game. I'd give little credence to the idea that games inspire terrorist attacks.

The lunatic mind will always find a way to express its rage and powerlessness in violence.
Its kind of true, after playing super mario as a teenager I went and ate some mushrooms I found at the edge of golf course and spent hours jumping over peoples heads wearing a funny little boiler suit.....;)

SideysGhost

Howling idiots have been making all sorts of claims about video games since the 1970s. "Won't someone think of the children, corrupting our youth, destroying society blah blah mumble"

Come to think of it, wasn't Socrates executed on charges of "corrupting the youth" with all this dangerous "thinking" stuff?

Large parts of the entire machinery of society, government, media, corporate power etc are actually dedicated to keeping people frightened, dumb and cowed. It's all nonsense and it's long past time that morons that come out with this sort of guff are sent packing with a thick ear.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies