Did Brian Cowen lead by example? "14,000 euro cut"

sport02

Brian Cowen earned 229,000 euro before the budget, he has taken a 14,000 euro cut, I make that to be a 6% cut.

Yet the minimun wage was cut by 11%

David McCullough asked Dan Boyle if it was enough and he replied no, but it went some way.

Two things that strike me, still the contempt for taking a small cut, considering he and his goverment are responsible for it, and when Dan Boyle replied to RTE'S David McCulloough that it was not enough, RTE just left it at that, why didn't he press the goverment more on the issue.

The Taoiseach is still paid more than David Cameron, and we are told we need to be more competitve, abit contridictory.

Last edited by a moderator:

eoghanacht

Did you expect any better from that pig of a man.

oddsox

A 6% cut for the next 10 weeks is ************************ all. Wonder did he cut his own Taoiseachs pension? Did he ************************?

Not really. i was just wondering was it morally wrong to wish horrible deaths on the fianna failures and their mercenary supporters

collina

The Taoiseach is still paid more than David Cameron, and we are told we need to be more competitve, abit contridictory.
Jesus, Cameron must be scratching his head. That's like the PA earning more than his/her CEO.

newell666

The title of this thread is nonsensical.
There are clues that it's related to a E14,000 cut in Taoiseach's pay but it's meaningless all the same.

logic

Brian Cowen earned 229,000 euro before the budget, he has taken a 14,000 euro cut, I make that to be a 6% cut.

Yet the minimun wage was cut by 11%

David McCullough asked Dan Boyle if it was enough and he replied no, but it went some way.

Two things that strike me, still the contempt for taking a small cut, considering he and his goverment are responsible for it, and when Dan Boyle replied to RTE'S David McCulloough that it was not enough, RTE just left it at that, why didn't he press the goverment more on the issue.

He cut the minimum wage to allow more employers to take on more employees, he doesn't deserve his wages at this high but 14,000 is still a cut he will feel.

eoghanacht

He cut the minimum wage to allow more employers to take on more employees, he doesn't deserve his wages at this high but 14,000 is still a cut he will feel.
Yeah i'm sure he'll 'feel' it.

sport02

The title of this thread is nonsensical.
There are clues that it's related to a E14,000 cut in Taoiseach's pay but it's meaningless all the same.
I meant to to say "did brian cowen lead by example" anyone know if you can change the title of your thread?

controller

His expenses were let untouched......he'll manage

GDPR

He doesnt even deserve the average wage. The tiny amount of a cut compared to his huge salary signals nothing but contempt for the people.

jmcc

Cowen is a useless, fat, scum-sucking, oxygen-thief of a FFker who isn't even worth a tenth of that salary. He is not worthy to hold the office of Taoiseach. He is a f*cking traitor.

Regards...jmcc

Last edited:

Jack Pott

he wont be Taoiseach for much longer so its easy to take a pay cut under those circumstances, likewise no FF minister would grumble too much about their cut either as again they are all soon out of office. The thing to look out for is the possible pension implications.

What would have been a sign of leadership was an additional cut to TD salaries but I guess the backbenchers wouldn't have voted for that.

eoghanacht

Cowen is a useless, fat, scum-sucking, oxygen-thief of a FFker who is't even worth a tenth of that salary.

Regards...jmcc
Why, Sir i do believe you your assesment to be fair and correct. He's all that and a lot more!

Disillusioned democrat

Cowen is a useless, fat, scum-sucking, oxygen-thief of a FFker who is't even worth a tenth of that salary. He is not worthy to hold the office of Taoiseach. He is a f*cking traitor.

Regards...jmcc
get off the fence FFS

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies