Did Cowen lie to us?? Well I never!!

DeputyEdo

From wednesday 17th
Taoiseach denies bailout talks - The Irish Times - Wed, Nov 17, 2010

He (Cowen) stressed that “there has been no question, as has been stated all over the weekend, of a negotiation for a bailout”.

From today 19th
Cowen confirms that Ireland needs financial support | BreakingNews.ie

The Taoiseach Brian Cowen has confirmed for the first time that a programme of support is necessary for Ireland.

This is why FF should leave government.
They keep talking about how people bad mouthing our economy is causing us problems, yet it's ok for them to lie to everyone

Cowen is a complete muppet and a liar. Not even man enough to own up to what's happening, what a pathetic joke he is.....and Lenihan's no better. They're just in politics so they can line their own pockets, they have no respect for the offices they hold, and even less for this country and it's citizens.
I wish them nothing but bad luck.

An Gilladaker

From wednesday 17th

He (Cowen) stressed that “there has been no question, as has been stated all over the weekend, of a negotiation for a bailout”.

From today 19th

The Taoiseach Brian Cowen has confirmed for the first time that a programme of support is necessary for Ireland.

They keep talking about how people bad mouthing our economy is causing us problems, yet it's ok for them to lie to everyone

Cowen is a complete muppet and a liar. Not even man enough to own up to what's happening, what a pathetic joke he is.....and Lenihan's no better. They're just in politics so they can line their own pockets, they have no respect for the offices they hold, and even less for this country and it's citizens.
Dose nasal congestion have any effect on truth telling?

kerdasi amaq

They're following the maxim that the deeds of a politicians should not match his words.

i.e. they always say the opposite of what they're going to do.

Disillusioned democrat

And yet they seem convinced that this too will pass and they can get on with "business as usual". Mood in my workplace very frustrated and angry, but worse is the feeling of sheer impotence in the face of a lying, theiving and corrupt government.

Fail Better

Porkie Pies

We went from being 'fully funded' on tuesday to 'clearly needing outside assistance' on thursday.

Finally we have a revolving Taoiseach - and Labour aren't even in government yet.

oggy

From wednesday 17th

From today 19th

Is this another excerpt from the ABFF canvassers ? Need a lot more than that come the election

DeputyEdo

Is this another excerpt from the ABFF canvassers ? Need a lot more than that come the election
So you're happy enough that the government are lying to you about this?
are you so in love with FF that you can't even admit that Cowen is a lying scumbag and should be removed from office?

B

Boggle

FF has proven beyond doubt that they are liars at this stage.

First they are on claiming Wee Willie was fit to be a minister - lie.
Then they claimed Cowen wasn't hungover (at best) - lie.
Then they claim that the IMF are not in - lie.

At the end of the day, they have no policies, they have no respect and they are unfit to hold any office in this land. If people cannot understand that basic concept then this country is beyond redemption.

Asparagus

On tuesday they were discussions on thursday they became negotiations

Brian loves his semantics / lies as much as his pints / congestion.

oggy

So you're happy enough that the government are lying to you about this?
are you so in love with FF that you can't even admit that Cowen is a lying scumbag and should be removed from office?
Governments lie and Opposition's lie, whats new

Text book politics and economics are reserved for young people and those who live in a world of idealism where they usually stay till something jerks them into life or they die.
Isnt the biggest lie around that the ABFF see themselves as the saviours of the nation. Maybe the ABFF are less bad because they are full of fiction and not lies ?

Asparagus

Text book politics and economics are reserved for young people and those who live in a world of idealism where they usually stay till something jerks them into life or they die.
Isnt the biggest lie around that the ABFF see themselves as the saviours of the nation. Maybe the ABFF are less bad because they are full of fiction and not lies ?
ABFF are "less bad" because the are not headed by a fat, drunken buffoon, seconded by a incompetant, dying eejit and supported by the rag tag hill billy freaking loolahs that form the rest of the party.

oggy

ABFF are "less bad" because the are not headed by a fat, drunken buffoon, seconded by a incompetant, dying eejit and supported by the rag tag hill billy freaking loolahs that form the rest of the party.
That post is an example of why I treat the ABFF with the contempt they deserve

Mondo

Remember Ray Burke?

FF better get ready for a lot more of their 'Honourable Men' to be hounded out of office.

Dermot Ahern can leave the stepladder in the back of the van this time.

They are all up the bloody tree.

Theoryboy

While to be honest, I dont think he lied, just trying to not accept conditions before he had to but I think it's worse that he thought this tactic would get him(us) anywhere. This bluff to the world just doesn't work when eveyone knows your hand.

This more than anything in my mind has revealed more about Cowen than anything else he has done. He is not very bright.

But if you want to headline it, then yes he lied. lol

B

Boggle

There you go again with the "they're all the same" line.

It's not good enough and the only way to move past that is to decimate every party who treats the electorate like fools. If the next govt in does so then sack them too - no party loyalty.

And by the way, nobody thinks ABFF are the saviour of the nation. What we do think, however, is that they will have a vested interest in exposing and remedying the sheer corruption and incompetence of the past 13 years and won't need to cover their asses at the expense of the nation.
It's common sense.

Asparagus

You have no concept of contempt yet.
You'll know contempt when the next election arrives.
There isn't a shred of decency among the lot of you....

THE IMF ARE HERE.

Theres bad, there's shockingly bad and then a good ways down the road there's THE IMF ARE HERE.

Franzoni

I take it you will go canvassing on the doorsteps oggy....?

contempt....? thats all FF have for the people of this state.....

I hope you and the rest of the P***Ks in your party arrive at my door...i really do....

ellie08

:)

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies