Did O Brolchain kill cricket coach? ask Fianna Fail

Brocolli

Website
www.niallobrolchain.ie
GALWAY Mayor Niall O Brolchain is a bloody disgrace for all the bad things that have happened in recent weeks, Fianna Fail said at the weekend, before going on to accuse the Galway mayor of possibly being responsible for the murder in Jamaica of Pakistan cricket coach Bob Woolmer.
In an strongly worded statement written and spellchecked by party spindoctors in Dublin, local FFers were apoplectic at the thought that he might get elected at the cost of their candidate and went on an all out attack to blame him for everything.
Environment Minister Dickie Rock, sorry Dick Roche, was despatched from Dublin on Friday to lay into the Mayor and blame him for everything, from water to rain and weather.
In a directive from FF HQ in Dublin, local activists were told to rubbish the mayor at all opportunities and over the weekend they continued their attack, secure in the knowledge that the electorate will not see through their clever ploy.
However, late on Saturday night, Galway Worst has learned that local Fianna Failers ran out of things to blame the mayor for and so a new list was despatched from Dublin.
Cllr Michael “The Parachuted Birdman of Bohermore” Crowe, reading from a script said, “the mayor is a bloody disgrace for the way he has behaved over all these crises in the past week. Not alone has he made a mess of our water, but he cannot abdicate responsibility for the manner in which the Dublin hurling team beat Galway recently. It’s OK saying that he had nothing to do with this, but he was mayor and he have should have been able to sort it out.
“Then there is the problem with ‘Stroke’ Fahy. How do we know that O Brolchain didn’t help him put up that fence? And Lucia Evans. How come he didn’t make her a star, ha, how come, Tell me that, will ya?”
Sensationally Fianna Fail have also claimed that the mayor cannot account for his movement on the night that Pakistan cricket coach Bob Woolmer was murdered in his hotel room in Jamaica.
“He might say he was in Galway, but he’s mayor so he has to be held accountable,” the spokesman added.
In addition to the accusation of murder, incompetence and complacency over the hurling, they have also claimed that:
• His beard is not real
• In proper talk his name means Niall of the Dodgy Road Policies
• Privately he loves red meat
• Not alone is he a tree hugger, but that they have a tree who will say it went way further than that. And it’s willing to talk.
Local FF analists, sorry, analysts say they feel the Blame the Broclh strategy will work wonders for them in Galway West and will relieve the need for Frank Fahey and Eamon O Cuiv to bother asking for transfers for The Birdman.

rockofcashel

Website
www.sinnfein.ie
He didn't kill him.

But he brought it to the attention of Galway Council that he was going to be killed 2 years ago, and was unaware of the 21 million euro contract put aside by the Government, to pay for his killing.

Eddiepops

My FF sources also reliably inform me that he was the second gunman on the grassy knoll, that Abba breaking up was his fault and that he's the reason you can't get Dime bars any more. Yet another scandalous revelation of the craziness that predominates in the party of "environmental jihadists".

I of course immediately asked them for a membership form for FF.

JCSkinner

Website
skinflicks.blogspot.com
Eddiepops said:
My FF sources also reliably inform me that he was the second gunman on the grassy knoll, that Abba breaking up was his fault and that he's the reason you can't get Dime bars any more. Yet another scandalous revelation of the craziness that predominates in the party of "environmental jihadists".

I of course immediately asked them for a membership form for FF.
After making a donation, I presume? Or is it merely a debt of honour they intend to repay?

DJP

Eddiepops said:
Yet another scandalous revelation of the craziness that predominates in the party of "environmental jihadists".
Yea, seriously you had want to sort that out. I don't want my party to go into Govt. with a party that is obsessed by our environment.

hiding behind a poster

Hilarious and all as this is, is it really true that Eamon O'Cuiv said that Galway water was "fine in all respects except drinkability"?

Think I read that somewhere. :?

AndrewM

Website
www.greenparty.ie
Yep, that's what he said.

Galway Advertiser editorial has come our supporting him and attacking Roche, so too has former FG Mayor Brian Walsh. Meanwhile, Sen. Cox is having a good go at FF.
I think Roche's attack's have backfired. We don't take too kindly to outsiders attacking our Mayor!

Dunny

Website
www.donnachamaguire.com
AndrewM said:

Galway Advertiser editorial has come our supporting him and attacking Roche, so too has former FG Mayor Brian Walsh. Meanwhile, Sen. Cox is having a good go at FF.
I think Roche's attack's have backfired. We don't take too kindly to outsiders attacking our Mayor!
Quick Question: Why did the council notdraw down on the €21m. Its a simple question, that is not intended to attack any one.

FakeViking

Is it true that the Greens are directly responsible for the extinction of the Dinosaurs?

QuizMaster

Website
www.quizmatic.com
FakeViking said:
Is it true that the Greens are directly responsible for the extinction of the Dinosaurs?
(1) Not yet, the election is not for a few weeks.
(2) That's not a very polite name to call Fianna Fail.

meriwether

FakeViking said:
Indirectly responsible.
They didnt start the extinction process, but they did sod all to stop it, now did they?

AndrewM

Website
www.greenparty.ie
Dunny said:
AndrewM said:

Quick Question: Why did the council notdraw down on the €21m. Its a simple question, that is not intended to attack any one.
I don't know why you're asking me when it has been widely discussed in the media and everyone knows the answer. The councillors were never made aware of the money. The council were trying to work on the problem but the Dept of Environment refused to give them the staff necessary.
Why didn't FF Cllr raise it? Since its their minister who was in charge they should have been the ones most aware.

Dunny

Website
www.donnachamaguire.com
AndrewM said:
Dunny said:
AndrewM said:

I don't know why you're asking me when it has been widely discussed in the media and everyone knows the answer. The councillors were never made aware of the money. The council were trying to work on the problem but the Dept of Environment refused to give them the staff necessary.
Why didn't FF Cllr raise it? Since its their minister who was in charge they should have been the ones most aware.
Stop being so defensive. I asked you because u were attacking the Minister and 2, you were the last post and I was too lazy to scroll up!!

A circular would have been sent to the council by the Dept. It would have been read out at the council meetins (im assuming that is what happens at all council meetings). I dont know why the FF councillors didnt do any thing. Im nto trying to defend what happened, just trying to find out what happened/

Fnarr-Fnarr

I hear O Brolchain consorts with the Devil!

W

WestOfCentre

Now that it has been established that NOB is indeed the Anti-christ, can I also ask a simple question.

When the city and county council debate and vote on budgets, what exactly are they voting on? Is is a budget prepared to accout for ALL local authority expenditure in the following year?

KingKane

Website
www.danielsullivan.ie
Twitter
kingkane
Dunny said:
AndrewM said:

The councillors as opposed to the Council (the civil servant part) isn't made aware when the department makes provision for expenditure. The Council was aware of the money being available and going through the tendering process when the department changed the tendering process and Council had to start the process over again. You can't draw down the money until you've got contracts signed.

Sure look at it this way didn't the dept of transport make provision for a Metro in Dublin and we've no sign of a hole being dug as yet.

ryano

Dunny said:
A circular would have been sent to the council by the Dept. It would have been read out at the council meetins (im assuming that is what happens at all council meetings).
No it isn't. Council management get dozens of circulars from the DoE every month and it would be pretty unusual for one to be on the agenda of a Council meeting. The Councillors wouldn't be aware of most of the communication between the management and the DoE.

ryano

WestOfCentre said:
When the city and county council debate and vote on budgets, what exactly are they voting on? Is is a budget prepared to accout for ALL local authority expenditure in the following year?
No, just current expenditure. The Councillors don't get to vote on the capital budget.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies