Did they alway know the 4 year plan would be an IMF plan?

Expatriot

What happened a few weeks ago that moved the goal posts from 3 to 6 billion and the budget from 1 to 4 years? Did they know the IMF was coming and all the rest is spin. Is the 4 year plan an IMF plan?

The problems in the banks were clear to those in the know, the consequences were too. The rest is a puppet show to keep us happy.

Maybe I am very cynical, but its hard to be any other way now.

SideysGhost

The IMF have been in situ in the Dept of Finance since September. Ashoka Mody was the point man back then but he has I believe been hospitalised in the interim, hence the delegation now being headed by Ajai Chopra.

Everything you've heard from the Govt and Lenny since Sept has been insane delusional gibbering.

Expatriot

So you think that the whole drama of the last couple of weeks is just smoke to frighten the horses?

The IMF really came in months ago when the banks could not get into the markets at the end of the two years?

We are been had here is a big big way. This 4 year plan idea came from somewhere other than Ireland. Was even everyone in the government kept fully up to date?

eoghanacht

So you think that the whole drama of the last couple of weeks is just smoke to frighten the horses?

?
Your on the right track now lad.

Expatriot

I recon as far back as Croke Park they knew the game was up, they just played for time. The Croke park deal kept the unions on side and effectively destroyed any future chance they had to take any industrial action. That agreement will now also go in the bin and significant further cuts will follow. Nobody is going on strike on.

How any TD can vote for this budget is simply beyond me, it is a craven disgrace.

oddsox

Did they know? they don't know their a r s e from their elbow

Expatriot

Some knew, Cowen was still pushing 3 billion in the Galway think in. He did not know. Anyone who knew the figures that are coming out now knew. The markets knew. Unless you are a total idiot it was clear as day the IMF was on the way before year end. This crisis did not arise in the last few days. We are hood winked again.

Expatriot

My back of a beer mat calculation for the bank cost was 100 billion months ago, I was attacked here for saying it was such. Well it will be, and more. The scales fall from our eyes.

KATHY

You would have to wonder had the BBC and world media not leaked this last week would we be none the wiser, as Dempsey, Ahern and Cowen continually tried to fob us all off over the weekend insisting this was all fiction. Suddenly we have Lenihan stating today these are 'urgent' discussions....what the hell is going on here. Its quite clear despite Lenihan's reassurances otherwise the EU simply dont trust this Govt hence the requirement to come in and actually look at the books.
How could they possibly have been putting any four year budget plan in place for the 7th of Dec without taking this bail out into consideration. For all their talk about wanting cross party support it would seem the opposition's briefing at the Dept of Finance recently was nothing more then a sham. The only thing that can save whats left of this country's credibility now is a GE, and the sooner the better.

scallioneater

And yet no party has tabled a motion of no confidence in the government? are they all in it together?

droghedasouth

And yet no party has tabled a motion of no confidence in the government? are they all in it together?
Gormless has once again today confirmed that FF and the GP are in it together.
For as long as that continues to be the case, they have the numbers.
But even they are conceding an election early next year is going to happen.

G

Gimpanzee

We are been had here is a big big way. This 4 year plan idea came from somewhere other than Ireland. Was even everyone in the government kept fully up to date?
You weren't being had. The 4 year plan was ALWAYS clearly a requirement from the EU/ECB that appeared on the radar once our bonds hit 6%. The only people who were portraying it as something we came up with would have been government TD's and ministers, but even that was in a half hearted way.

G

Gimpanzee

I recon as far back as Croke Park they knew the game was up, they just played for time. The Croke park deal kept the unions on side and effectively destroyed any future chance they had to take any industrial action.
They were playing for time but I wouldn't go crediting this bunch of goons with foresight. And you can include the union leaders in that.

kerdasi amaq

What's the point? The government have enough votes to vote confidence in themselves.

Astral Peaks

Ollie Rehn had a look around last week and thought "these muppets will drag us all down, better get back to the office and press the button"

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies