• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Did Willie O'Dea really not vote last night on Bill to liquidate IBRC?

williewatch

Willie O'Dea has been accused of not voting in the Dail last night according to this Here in an article titled "Here’s how every TD voted on the Bill to liquidate IBRC". Can this be true?

We are all aware of O'Dea's dreadful Dail attendance record

"Figures just released by the Oireachtas Commission show the former Defence Minister attended just 48 of the 68 Dail sessions in the first six months of this year".

Limerick City TD defends Dail attendance record - Leader Local - Limerick Leader

But this takes the biscuit if it is true.

In my opinion Mr O'Dea needs to explain himself to constituents if he did indeed not vote last night.

Astral Peaks

You really need to let it go, okay?

This Willie obsession cannot be healthy....

Mercurial

Maybe he didn't have time to read it. That would be a good reason not to vote.

Last edited:

realistic1

You really need to let it go, okay?

This Willie obsession cannot be healthy....
Personally I enjoy it and what harm is williewatch doing, compared to the harm Fianna Fail did when in Power. More power to you
williewatch !

mr. jings

Midnight emergency legislation with our future at stake? I'm sure Willie thought he had to go home to Limerick and take a token sleepy phone call like the last time.

Toland

Website
www.aggressive-secularist.com
Even if he was paired & if he didn't attend, I'd be interested to learn what he would consider to be more important than attending this historic vote?
That would appear reasonable enough imo.

As for not voting because he didn't know what he was voting on, either (a) he should have experience in discussing these complex financial matters through his membership of past cabinets or (b) his ignorance of the issues has never stopped him voting in the past.

Maothail Lad

In terms of prominent or significant people not voting what about Peter Matthews absence from the vote???