Did You Ever Witness Violence in a Working Environment?

General Urko

And BTW bizarrely, I'm excluding school premises, as people of my generation were often involuntary participants in corporal punishment against us by thugs masquerading as teachers!:mad:

And also no names for legal reasons of the participants or organizations, please.

I have come across some serious verbals and the 'I'm going (or could have) to kill you if' level threats, but no direct physical violence.

My thread is prompted by a friend of mine, who worked in a sister organization to one I worked in. He told me on one occasion, an eejit working in quality control felt he needed to make a point to a worker who was constantly making the same mistake. His way of doing so was to go over and pull down the lad's pants in front of everyone!
The worker concerned immediately made a complaint to the production manager who just grunted back to him, contrary to protocol.

Then at break time, the worker picked up a screwdriver and went for the QC eejit who held his hands up to his face and sustained a wound to his arm and the lad had another go to try and do more serious damage, but other lads managed to restrain him.
Now that QC lad was some fúcking fool to do what he did and the lad, he embarrassed, may well have come from an abused background, my friend knew his aul lad and said it was a distinct possibility, so his reaction may have been ptss!

The net result was the lad who had been humiliated and ignored was sacked and the QC Imbecile was transferred to another site.

I also heard of another case where there was a headbutting incident over the volume of the shopfloor radio resulting in a sacking!

So in tandem with the great aul saying - you don't have to be mad to work here but it helps - what have you seen or indeed participated in?

General Urko

So you have all worked in peaceful happy clappy contented working environments - my congratulations!

theObserver@hotmail.com

I commit blood curling acts of violence against my co-workers and bosses every day ... in my imagination. Do thought crimes count?

General Urko

I commit blood curling acts of violence against my co-workers and bosses every day ... in my imagination. Do thought crimes count?
A fundamental tenet of Catholicism is that the thought is as bad as the deed!:rolleyes:

venusian

Way back I remember two lads in "work" having a difference of opinion that gradually grew into outright hostility until the inevitable happened, a quick punch up in the car park, a bloody nose and that was it, over and done with.:roll: Their line manager "the boss" asked what was going on, the lads told him to just go back into his office for a bit and that was it with no further repercussions. Nowadays there would be a queue down at the solicitors, ptsd and witnesses claiming they were traumatised etc! :roll:

General Urko

Way back I remember two lads in "work" having a difference of opinion that gradually grew into outright hostility until the inevitable happened, a quick punch up in the car park, a bloody nose and that was it, over and done with.:roll: Their line manager "the boss" asked what was going on, the lads told him to just go back into his office for a bit and that was it with no further repercussions. Nowadays there would be a queue down at the solicitors, ptsd and witnesses claiming they were traumatised etc! :roll:
Indeed!

NYCKY

In my current job, there is one girl who keeps putting dried fish in the microwave EVERY day at lunchtime. The place stinks like death and the microwave is unusable for at least an hour.

It's driving everyone nuts and while there hasn't been violence yet, there could be. Subtle hints haven't worked nor have posters taped all over the microwave area either.

NYCKY

On a more serious note, in my current job, and this was before I got there, there as an altercation in a car park between two co-workers who were dating. The heel of the hunt he punched her flooring her, literally, all caught on camera of course.

Both employees are no longer with the institution.

There was an instance at an old job, and it wasn't violence per se, but it was sexual harassment. One girl on our team was being harassed by a security guard, stuff that was repeated and unwanted and some of which we even over heard.

She would get upset/distressed by this, to the point of tears. We told her to complain, she was embarrassed as the harasser was female too (they were acquaintances and had come from the same town) and eventually we told her that if she didn't complain we would. She did complain and the issue was addressed.

The Rahenyite

There's been people I wanted to punch but no I've never witnessed violence in the workplace

corporal punishment

I nearly had my face caved in by a full unopened can of coke being thrown at the lad sitting next to me in the canteen by a co worker he had been winding up all day. The guy just walked in and threw it at him from a bout 5 feet away. He missed me by inches. the whole incident was just laughed off but it was a rough place to work. I left soon after.

General Urko

I nearly had my face caved in by a full unopened can of coke being thrown at the lad sitting next to me in the canteen by a co worker he had been winding up all day. The guy just walked in and threw it at him from a bout 5 feet away. He missed me by inches. the whole incident was just laughed off but it was a rough place to work. I left soon after.
Did you ever come across a worker being barred from his/her workplace canteen?
I did that fúcktard sociopath, I have spoken about before, who thought in his own insane head that he was an alpha male when he is an omega male in the real world!
And surely if a lad is barred from the workplace canteen, it's hugely indicative that he/she shouldn't be there at all!

cracjerz

I haven't witnessed it. I have read the 'emergency response plan' where I work and protocol is to disengage and immediately phone the gards. Makes sense too. You can't be putting up with threats of being attacked at work.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies