• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Did you know Iran was the SOURCE of the "Apartheid" and "Nazi" SMEARS against Israel on here?

roc_

Did you know Iran was the SOURCE of the "Apartheid" and "Nazi" SMEARS against Israel on here?

Absolutely true. In the words of the person responsible for this conference, our very own Mary Robinson:

(From - Mary Robinson: I Had To Plead With Interpreters To Stay In Durban...)

"... It had been clear to me early on that holding one of the four regional conferences, the Asian prepcom, in Tehran, would be problematic. Iran, chosen by the countries of the region, was a poor choice to host a conference addressing issues of racism, xenophobia, and anti- Semitism because of its known hostility towards Israel. Tactically, it would have been better to move the preparatory meeting elsewhere in the region, but no other governments offered, probably because many had their own minority, caste, or racism issues. In its prepcom session, the Tehran meeting, held in February 2001, harshly criticized Israel for its policies in the Palestinian territories and its treatment of Palestinians and made an analogy between those policies and Apartheid. The “Zionist movement . . . is based on race superiority,” the draft declaration subsequently alleged, along with the charge that Israel had carried out “ethnic cleansing of the Arab population of historic Palestine.” All such sentences were opposed by some delegates present and, as is always the UN procedure, were put in square brackets in the text, indicating they had not been agreed upon.

At the time, I felt certain that this inflammatory language would be removed from further draft texts well before Durban. Unfortunately, as the preparatory processes went on, the states that had inserted the bracketed language in Tehran refused to withdraw it.

Looking back, I realize I put too much store in the fact that any controversial clauses put in square brackets would either be removed during the preparatory process, or inevitably would be thoroughly debated during the tough negotiations on a final text. I underestimated the hurt and anxiety words in a document would cause, regardless of whether they were in brackets or not, and that the political fallout would start before the Durban conference itself..." (Mary Robinson)​

So, that was where it started - in Teheran, in the main preparatory conference to the main event (that Israel was barred from attending would you believe it). The main horrible event covered well in this article. (Also, it is a testament to the power Iran has within the UN, that it was able to subvert the whole UN conference, and turn it to its own agenda.)

So all of the smears equating Israel with nazi Germany, and using names repeatedly like "zio-nazi", "apartheid-state", and all the other moral equivalences and fabrications and worse SMEARS that certain people promulgate heavily on here, started there, under Iran's impetus.

Notice how a lot of these smears on here are in the form of cartoons - well here are the direct ancestors of these cartoons - Selection of pictures from the 2001 UN World Conference Against Racism, Durban, South Africa Nice, huh?

As for protestations along the lines of, "... not influenced by anyone except my own sense of right and wrong..."

Well I'd maybe think again on that one, dearie.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok. I accept I am wrong. I retract the assertion that the Apartheid Smear against Israel began in the lead up to Durban 2001, in the drafting of the agenda in Teheran at the preparatory conference for Durban '01. I missed out two previous sources of it.

I will update the OP with this retraction and correction.

Its full history is as follows:

The Apartheid Smear originated in the ‘anti-Zionist’ campaigns waged by the Communist states during the Cold War. These campaigns frequently descended into antisemitism, the word ‘Zionist’ understood by all as a fig-leaf for ‘Jew’.

The second key moment came in 1975 when the Soviet Bloc, the authoritarian Arab states, and the so-called ‘Non-Aligned Movement’ used their built-in majority at the UN General Assembly to pass Resolution 3379, which equated Zionism with racism.

The third key moment came in 2001 after the failure of the Camp David peace talks. The UN’s World Conference against Racism, Racial Intolerance and Xenophobia was hijacked by a range of groups and agendas in Durban, South Africa to launch a global campaign to smear Israel as an ‘apartheid state.’​

Last edited:

mr_anderson

I think you're suffering from Iranitis today roc.
You should lie down for at least 24 hours.

Burnout

Twitter
I have a life.
Well we all know that the situation in the middle east is part of the third secret of fatima and the sinking of human misery and evil into an unacceptable scenario resulting in armageddon or end of days. Is it bad enough over there yet?

Truth.ie

So Evil Iran is to blame for internet jargon on P.ie today.
Nukes away.

The_SR

Where does it say this conference was the 'source' of the Apartheid comparison?

A very odd and poorly constructed OP.

Ren84

Christ, ROC is obsessed with Iran. And Robinson. Get over yourself FFS. You're not even Israeli.

roc_

So Evil Iran is to blame for internet jargon on P.ie today.
Nukes away.
It is a lot more than "jargon".

Rather they are vile smears that have influenced and formed the perceptions of many many people. Carefully designed smears.

And the only threat Israel has ever made was to take out Iran's nuclear facilities.

Which is very far away from "annihilating" them, as per the rhetoric from the Iranian side.

FakeViking

You have to give him/her credit, though. The post may be juvenile amateur propaganda, but it's not often you get to see such a level of brainwashing.

james toney

You got one thing right dearie,and you even had the decency to highlight it.

..made an analogy between those policies and Apartheid. The “Zionist movement . . . is based on race superiority,” the draft declaration subsequently alleged, along with the charge that Israel had carried out “ethnic cleansing of the Arab population of historic Palestine.”

roc_

What part do you not understand?

The part about statements set down in Teheran making an analogy between Israel's policies and Apartheid? Statements about the Zionist movement being based on race superiority? Statements about the charge that Israel had carried out “ethnic cleansing of the Arab population of historic Palestine.” ? And these statements being adopted in the main event against the expectations and better judgement of Mary Robinson?

Or should the question be, why do you not want to understand?

Analyzer

That episode involving Noddy in Durban happened a very long time ago.

roc_

That episode involving Noddy in Durban happened a very long time ago.
Yes. So long ago that people on here are unaware of where the smears they throw around with abandon came from.

They think these smears reflect a reality. But actually, that "reality" is solely as perceived by Islamic fundamentalists who see Jews in the following type of light:

"The Islamic movement met its first saboteur in the Jewish people, who are at the source of all the anti-Islamic libels and intrigues current today." etc.

The_SR

What part do you not understand?

The part about statements set down in Teheran making an analogy between Israel's policies and Apartheid? Statements about the Zionist movement being based on race superiority? Statements about the charge that Israel had carried out “ethnic cleansing of the Arab population of historic Palestine.” ? And these statements being adopted in the main event against the expectations and better judgement of Mary Robinson?

Or should the question be, why do you not want to understand?
The part I don't understand is your claim that this conference was where those phrases were first used. Your extrapolation is that everyone who has called Israel an apartheid state, that Zionism is racist or that there is ethnic cleansing of the Palestinians is doing so as a dupe of Iran, and these phrases were never heard before this conference.

As polemics go, this one is really, really, really bad.

james toney

What a rubbish OP,even though he does unwittingly highlight Israels obvious Apartheid policy towards the Palestinians,Bedouin,Arabs and others.
It's almost as if Israel didnt start the Israeli-occupied West Bank, including Jewish-only settlements, the ID system, separate roads for Israeli and Palestinian citizens,including military checkpoints, discriminatory marriage law, the West Bank barrier, use of Palestinians as cheap and slave labour, Palestinian West Bank enclaves, inequities in infrastructure, legal rights, and access to land and resources between Palestinians,harsh military law,detention and abuse of Palestinians,including children as young as 5,and many other examples.

maxflinn

Just how many of these Iran hate-threads of roc_ is allowed per day, mods?

roc_

The part I don't understand is your claim that this conference was where those phrases were first used.
Yes, that is what I am claiming. It is very clear. These claims were first made in Teheran in February 2001, where they were set out as statements on UN documents (intended to be removed later, but never were, as Robinson explains)

Your extrapolation is that everyone who has called Israel an apartheid state, that Zionism is racist or that there is ethnic cleansing of the Palestinians is doing so as a dupe of Iran, and these phrases were never heard before this conference.
Yes. Is that not clear?

Please find me a reference where this terminology was used about Israel before 2001.

When you fail to, then look at this conference, at what went on, and observe how the conference disseminated this terminology and smear.

I'm well aware it reflects very badly on many who post on these forums. And it will be discomfiting to those who thought they have a mind of their own.

FakeViking

What a rubbish OP,even though he does unwittingly highlight Israels obvious Apartheid policy towards the Palestinians,Bedouin,Arabs and others.
It's almost as if Israel didnt start the Israeli-occupied West Bank, including Jewish-only settlements, the ID system, separate roads for Israeli and Palestinian citizens,including military checkpoints, discriminatory marriage law, the West Bank barrier, use of Palestinians as cheap and slave labour, Palestinian West Bank enclaves, inequities in infrastructure, legal rights, and access to land and resources between Palestinians,harsh military law,detention and abuse of Palestinians,including children as young as 5,and many other examples.
Or that Jews live and worship openly in Iran, despite the bribes on offer to go and live among the racists. You got to feel sorry for these idiots who get 100% of their spin from Faux News and the various iloveisrael.com sites.

roc_

Or that Jews live and worship openly in Iran, despite the bribes on offer to go and live among the racists.
Gobsh1te. Still smearing. And Jews in Iran are merely tolerated as second class of citizens, with much less rights and opportunities than Muslims. And the bible is a banned book. You know, once upon a time Iran had 200,000 jews. - They lived there for thousands of years.

Now, there are less than ~10,000. While it is true they are not persecuted, many were put to death when the Iranian Islamic revolution came to power.

But what happened was after a number of executions, a Jewish industrialist asked for an audience with the supreme leader. As a result of that audience, the supreme leader issued a fatwa along the lines of "the Jews of Iran are to be protected, and they are separate to the zionists". So that became the law.

In the same manner, for example, as he issued a fatwa on homosexuals, stating homosexuality was a disease, and homosexuals would be cured by a sex change operation... these statements (or whims) all become the law of the land.

Very progressive, I'm sure you'll think. More progressive than Israel anyway, eh?

timhorgan

The Op is just attention-seeking - he is clueless. There is an Israeli dwarf who wanted Mary Roboinson arrested for War Crimes over this. His name is Michael Rubin. Another Zionist dwarf, Gerald Steinberg had a rant about her in London a few years ago but when I asked him a question he hid behind the lectern - we could barely even see the little American zhit (EVEN THOUGH HE WAS WEARING HIGH HEELS) and who now thinks he is an "Israeli".

I think they all have it in for Mary Robinson because she is a fine, tall, good-looking Irishwoman way out of their reach (In more ways than one - to talk to Robinson face to face they would have to sit on her knees) ha ha.These guys -like roc- belong on Fantasy Island.

Mary Robinson, War Criminal? - An Appropriate Career Move - The Washington Institute for Near East Policy

This thread is just another example of the time-wasting silliness of the op - it should be binned -IGNORE!

Last edited:

Popular Threads

Most Replies