Did you know Iran was the SOURCE of the "Apartheid" and "Nazi" SMEARS against Israel on here?

roc_

Any and all criticism of Israel is motivated by antisemitism and that is that.
Not true. But a substantial amount of it around here is. It's pretty easy to tell when it is and when it isn't. Just read.

There is also this. Again, there is also a fair amount of that around here. It's not antisemitism, but when pressed enough, sometimes flushes out something like it.

There is very very little intelligent, considered criticism of Israel around here. - "Criticism" of Israel on this forum is nearly all oriented around demonisation, double standards, and attempted delegitimisation of Israel. (Then there is also something much worse, but let's not complicate looking at the more general tendency).

Actually I personally think Israel deserves a fair amount of fair criticism. But the kind of "criticism" that emanates from the self-righteous, self-appointed crusaders seeking to annihilate "Zionism" around here, like yourself, is no kind of positive force. It's a destructive force that tends to drive Israel even further to the right.

I've got your number, and the number of those like you. Anyway, we've been down this road before, you and me.

james toney

Yep. Its a tad obvious. But then again the quality is very poor, too poor to be professional. Or is it?

Also the story has shifted from Durban being the first time ever these phrases were used to the first time they were used in the mainstream. He needs a new researcher.
Someone did quote roc as calling himself a Gobsh!te...he speaks the truth on that.

Karloff

Not true. But a substantial amount of it around here is. It's pretty easy to tell when it is and when it isn't. Just read.

There is also this. Again, there is also a fair amount of that around here. It's not antisemitism, but when pressed enough, sometimes flushes out something like it.

There is very very little intelligent, considered criticism of Israel around here. - "Criticism" of Israel on this forum is nearly all oriented around demonisation, double standards, and attempted delegitimisation of Israel. (Then there is also something much worse, but let's not complicate looking at the more general tendency).

Actually I personally think Israel deserves a fair amount of fair criticism. But the kind of "criticism" that emanates from the self-righteous, self-appointed crusaders seeking to annihilate "Zionism" around here, like yourself, is no kind of positive force. It's a destructive force that tends to drive Israel even further to the right.

I've got your number, and the number of those like you. Anyway, we've been down this road before, you and me.
The double standard actually applies to Israel's enemies who get 'wiped off the map' in actuality by the US, UK and UN - when they violate international law or when the propaganda portrays them as doing so. Israel - an openly racist state with no regard for the rights of sovereign countries is eternally rewarded by all. But the JPost thinks it is being persecuted.

Maybe those blind journalists need to visit some of the neighbouring countries to see what being bullied really looks like? (Or ask their bomber planes who occassionally fly over them to bomb them even more).

Oh and i associate the apartheid accusation with Desmond Tutu not Iran.

GDPR

I think the reason that a lot of Jews have it in for Iran is essentially envy.

razorblade

This is nothing but a propaganda piece from a paranoid op, it should have been dumped in the zoo where it belongs.

Lúidín

There is very very little intelligent, considered criticism of Israel around here. - "Criticism" of Israel on this forum is nearly all oriented around demonisation, double standards, and attempted delegitimisation of Israel.
Attempts at discussing a peaceful settlement in Israel/Palestine are often obliterated, intentionally, with irrelevant cartoons, lampoons and just plain nonsense by you-know-who.

The_SR

So let's be clear, you are calling me an anti Semite?

Ardillaun

People get really wound up about Apartheid accusations as if RSA was the only country that had ethnically based segregation. Admittedly, the process was more explicit there but it's an issue around the world. The US got high and mighty about this when it had partially put its own house in order, and Iran has had its problems with ethnic minorities:

https://www.rferl.org/a/iran_afghan_racism/24535458.html

https://en.qantara.de/content/afghan-refugees-in-iran-treated-like-second-class-citizens

So I don't see why we would have needed an Iranian mastermind to point out some parallels between Apartheid and conditions in the West Bank. People are segregated by the Israeli state on an ethnic basis.

Last edited:

roc_

... So I don't see why we would have needed an Iranian mastermind to point out some parallels between Apartheid and conditions in the West Bank...
What we are talking about is much more than that.

e.g. Speech to the United Nations General Assembly, by U.S. Ambassador to the U.N. Daniel Patrick Moynihan, November 10, 1975. After the "Zionism is Racism" resolution:

"... There appears to have developed in the United Nations the practice for a number of countries to combine for the purpose of doing something outrageous, and thereafter, the outrageous thing having been done, to profess themselves outraged by those who have the temerity to point it out, and subsequently to declare themselves innocent of any wrong-doing in consequence of its having been brought about wholly in reaction to the “insufferable” acts of those who pointed the wrong-doing out in the first place..."

The above characterises all three main attempts in the UN to use political means to make this spurious, hateful analogy with the South Africa regime. I.e.

... People are segregated by the Israeli state on an ethnic basis...
That is not the basis of anything in Israeli policy. Even on the furthest right of (official) Israeli politics, such people as Lieberman state quite clearly what the basis of their security policies are, and it is clear that they mean what they say. e.g.

... People get really wound up about Apartheid accusations...
Yes, because it is a hateful smear and libel.

[video=youtube;n0TznaxiVdI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0TznaxiVdI[/video]
(Palestinian activist talking about the apartheid smear, conditions in Israel, and the spurious comparison made with South Africa).

Ardillaun

roc_

I'm not talking about Israeli Arabs here. In the West Bank, people are ethnically segregated by the state - their movements are restricted on the basis of their ethnicity. That is an unavoidable fact. We can debate the whys but the end result is clear to see.
Yes, the "end result" is pretty clear.

And yes, I know many people are very unhappy about that end result.

As for the roads and check-points (btw there is extensive evidence that Israel applies standards of care that are at least as good as any Liberal democracy would apply in similar circumstances), there has also been some improvement - e.g.

This Ongoing War: A Blog: Stabbing

And again, I know any such improvement makes many people very unhappy.

That is the significant "unavoidable fact" here.

Ardillaun

Yes, the "end result" is pretty clear.

And yes, I know many people are very unhappy about that end result.

As for the roads and check-points (btw there is extensive evidence that Israel applies standards of care that are at least as good as any Liberal democracy would apply in similar circumstances), there has also been some improvement - e.g.

And again, I know any such improvement makes many people very unhappy.

That is the significant "unavoidable fact" here.
What I have said remains factually correct.

Analyzer

Within Iran there is an oppressive form of parallel existence with one section having priveleges and rights that are denied to a clearly different section of the populace.

Call it genderapartheid, if you wish.

And there are no LGBT people in Iran, because the former Iranuan President declared there to be none.

It must be the result of an intensive pray away the gay program or something.....or maybe the fact that if they get found out they are executed.

Ardillaun

And there are no LGBT people in Iran, because the former Iranuan President declared there to be none.

It must be the result of an intensive pray away the gay program or something.....or maybe the fact that if they get found out they are executed.
The authorities are constantly arresting gays which kind of proves their existence.

Analyzer

The authorities are constantly arresting gays which kind of proves their existence.
I was taking the p1ss out of the leadership. I figured people would be able to figure that out.

Ardillaun

I was taking the p1ss out of the leadership. I figured people would be able to figure that out.
But there does seem to be some cognitive dissonance about gays over there: they don't exist and we're going to kill them.

Analyzer

But there does seem to be some cognitive dissonance about gays over there: they don't exist and we're going to kill them.
I would describe it as an ovrr eagerness to hold together a crumbling belief system.

The young in Tehran are giving up on it. Athiest Author Christopher Hitchens described the Iranuan street as the most pro Western place in the Middle East outsude Israel and parts of Lebanon.

Ardillaun

I would describe it as an ovrr eagerness to hold together a crumbling belief system.

The young in Tehran are giving up on it. Athiest Author Christopher Hitchens described the Iranuan street as the most pro Western place in the Middle East outsude Israel and parts of Lebanon.
That's what the few Iranians I meet tell me but they are probably not representative of the population as a whole. There's still a love affair between the mullahs and many of the poorly educated.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies