Didn't FF have confidence in Commissioner O'Sullivan a while back?

galteeman

My memory is a bit fuzzy this am but how come FF voted confidence in Noirin while fully aware that she was the instigator of the dastardly anti McCabe legal strategy?
How come nobody is pointing out this glaring twist in FF's 'confidence' logic?

troll account

My memory is a bit fuzzy this am but how come FF voted confidence in Noirin while fully aware that she was the instigator of the dastardly anti McCabe legal strategy?
quit bitching its election time get the mixer ready :D

gleeful

Remember when Martin refused to resign because he said he hadnt read a particular email? It was back in 2005

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
The Acting Commissioner is currently refusing to answer any questions about a small group of people who were responsible for formulating a response to the McCabe issues in the Disclosures Tribunal.

Apparently on the grounds that it wouldn't be right to get across the Disclosures Tribunal process itself.

The Secretary General of the Dept of Justice, Waters, was a member of that small group. That's the chap who has recently resigned.

The notion that the Gardai are now full of respect for the Tribunal process is an interesting one considering they clearly had bugger all respect for the Higgins inquiry which preceded it.

Yet another Commissioner, Acting, and going down the same road of refusing to answer questions ostensibly out of respect for a process which clearly the senior levels of the gardai have never had any respect for previously. Signs are we have yet another bullsh1t artist in serge out of the same stable as Callinan and O'Sullivan putting in a few months of ebullience before heading for the hills on a Commissioner's pension benefits.

Betson

They actually said they did not have confidence in her but said they would not vote in any no confidence motion, the out they used that time was that they felt the Dail was not the proper place to be having no confidence votes on a Garda Commissioner. Of course the real reason was they just bottled it.

Analyzer

I get the sense that those in power reckon they can ride this one out by circling the wagons and enforcing silence on whomever is lealing information.

And part of this ploy will be to say Fitzgerald did nothing wrong, the gardai deserve the confidence of everybody and it is all the fault of the DoJ.

Even though under Fitzgerald the DoJ were under seige from the rest of the system to ensure a cover up to suit the senior gardai, politicians, oligarchs, and those who get a free pass from the law anyway.

ShoutingIsLeadership

Pretty sure FF has been saying for at least 6 months that it couldn't express confidence in her

Mushroom

Remember when Martin refused to resign because he said he hadnt read a particular email? It was back in 2005
Nope.

IIRC it was a report into the HSE/DoH stealing money from old people in nursing homes. Meehawl was Minister for Ill-Health at the time and was busily jerking off on his anti-smoking initiative.

He claimed to have given it to one of his handpicked "personal advisors" to read, but it seemed that Miah from Cork didn't understand the big words.

Notachipanoaktree

Don't know what all the fuss is about. Welcome to Ireland. At least Mc Cabe is on the inside of the P&CS/Public divide. Irish Business doesn't even bother trying to hide the gang against the outsider routine. Many a good man/woman have had their lives and livelihoods decimated by the 'insiders'. Anyone Give A Sh*it. No way babe. The funny thing is 'There is always a P&CS connection' be it son/daughter/wife/husband/uncle/aunt......

This is baby play by NMC standards.

Last edited:

gleeful

Nope.

IIRC it was a report into the HSE/DoH stealing money from old people in nursing homes. Meehawl was Minister for Ill-Health at the time and was busily jerking off on his anti-smoking initiative.

He claimed to have given it to one of his handpicked "personal advisors" to read, but it seemed that Miah from Cork didn't understand the big words.
https://amp.independent.ie/irish-news/martin-i-got-the-file-but-i-never-read-it-25991309.html

"The minister only read the document, which included a senior counsel's opinion that the charges were illegal, a few weeks ago even though he received it in preparation of a top level meeting in December 2003.

He said the legal opinion was "of significance" but he only got it, on e-mail, the night before the meeting in Dublin. He received a hard copy in his car on the way to the meeting for which he was late."

galteeman

Dame_Enda

With NOS it took longer for the facts to come out after the controversy started. It was a slow burner. And it was largely he said-she said for a long time. This time we already know Fitzgerald got the email in 2015.

galteeman

With NOS it took longer for the facts to come out after the controversy started. It was a slow burner. And it was largely he said-she said for a long time. This time we already know Fitzgerald got the email in 2015.
The cops were caught telling porkies to the O'Higgins enquiry because McCabe had them on tape. Everyone knew about this back in 2016. Everyone knew that O'Sullivan was in charge of the smear tactics and was caught out by the tapes. Yet FF voted confidence in her after that!
https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/garda-chief-in-fresh-crisis-over-20-secret-tapes-34715656.html

Toland

Website
www.aggressive-secularist.com
The explanation is easy: they're hypocritical opportunists.

galteeman

Jaysus I wish baldy Stephen Donnelly would go onto Pat Kenny again so he can be roasted alive by his own hypocrisy for the 2nd time.

venusian

Actually I did to my local FFer, who is a total gob$hyte I don't think they were too impressed. I only kicked their ar$e hard enough to eject them from my doorway leaving a nice size 10 footprint but not an actual impression,I am leaving that for Fianna Fails pet FG candidate!:mad:

darkhorse

Yes they change their mind as the wind blows
Not suitable for Government

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies