Direct Democracy Ireland Candidates

Telemachus

Website
en.wikipedia.org
I've heard people on this forum talk about the merits of Direct Democracy, but there are actually people out there doing something to implement it. I think its important for people here to have a look at direct democracy as a postitive alternative to the current system of non-participation in politics.

YouTube - Direct Democracy Ireland - Presentation by Raymond Whitehead - Part 1 of 3!

There appear to be 3 candidates running who believe in direct democracy.

Constituency Map

Noel Walsh in Carlow-Kilkenny

Vincent Kennedy in Wexford

Raymond Whitehead in South Dublin.

I would appeal to people who give a damn to get in touch with this organisation and get onboard.

It is clear that voting for FG/FF/LAB/SF will not make an ounce of difference in this country, the same foolish system will be in place.

Real systematic change has to happen for the people of this country to feel that they have some say in their lives.

Direct Democracy Ireland

More video here:

Direct Democracy Ireland » DDi – Presentation by Raymond Whitehead

Last edited:

sue flanker

We don't need your damn direct demockracy.Fianna failure will have no truck with that stuff. Seriously, do you think the moron electorate who voted in these tossers three times should be given more democracy? Herd animals, as commy cael says.

Telemachus

Website
en.wikipedia.org
We don't need your damn direct demockracy.Fianna failure will have no truck with that stuff. Seriously, do you think the moron electorate who voted in these tossers three times should be given more democracy? Herd animals, as commy cael says.
It may be true that we are destined to be ruled by swine herders. FF can rename themselves Fianna Muclach.

Brian Cowen actually resembles a piggie oddly enough. His own swine herder would be Olli Rehn and the IMF/Euro banking cabal.

tempest

Heard a public servant on the radio this morning giving out about his pension cut, but he felt sorry for the two Brians, said he'd "rather a lucky leader than a smart leader" and they had just been unlucky, I thought I'd barf.

Telemachus

Website
en.wikipedia.org
Heard a public servant on the radio this morning giving out about his pension cut, but he felt sorry for the two Brians, said he'd "rather a lucky leader than a smart leader" and they had just been unlucky, I thought I'd barf.
Yes indeed sir, more pigs, In my opinion ICTU should be banned as an economic terrorist organisation. The only thing they give a shyte about is keeping their class of the top PS workers in the feeding bucket. They couldnt give a knob about ordinary PS workers or anybody else in society. Pure pigs. I'm marching with Jim Corr on Sat. F the PS high paid scum march.

eoghanacht

Will you be attending the meeting in the central hotel on tuesday night. I'm seriously considering it.

Raketemensch

Will you be attending the meeting in the central hotel on tuesday night. I'm seriously considering it.
Me too, I think it's inspiring stuff, something to start with anyway.

The usual discouraging snorts from the forelock tugging peasants here, the Irish really love their cage:D

myhonorisloyalty666

The Swiss system would be a good model if we were to reform out political system.
They are a conservative country and not radicals or lunatics by any means.

Telemachus

Website
en.wikipedia.org

I've been down there already for a look, they were mostly talking about organisational stuff tho when i went down. Nothing RARA, you can just go down there there and get a jist of whats going on. Its fairly informal.

Might drop down next tues...

Telemachus

Website
en.wikipedia.org
So far they are proposing vague ideas. FG have a policy to introduce some form of direct democracy. DDI arent campaigning in my area any.
Put on the table what FG are proposing so. There are no vague ideas what these lads are proposing, they want to put democracy in peoples hands rather then leaving democracy in the hands of gombeen-smiths who we elect every few years and we have no say then in between.

Telemachus

Website
en.wikipedia.org
The Swiss system would be a good model if we were to reform out political system.
They are a conservative country and not radicals or lunatics by any means.
The Swiss have indeed avoided being enslaved by the Banking system and European Union. We would do well to follow the system they have.

Casillas

It may be true that we are destined to be ruled by swine herders. FF can rename themselves Fianna Muclach.

Brian Cowen actually resembles a piggie oddly enough. His own swine herder would be Olli Rehn and the IMF/Euro banking cabal.

I can definitely see the resemblance although that should be Animal Farmleigh.

Think.Thank

The fundamental problem with the models of Direct Democracy that exist today is that they rely on the ideal that people out there will take a sudden interest in politics when in truth the political system has been, in this country at least made so boring and confusing that the majority of the population just switch off the second you mention anything political.

Seriously, who would want Brian Cowen's job when you know in your heart that in order to be successful as the leader of a political party that you will have to give up on all of your morals, suck some serious bank ****, bend over for every EU commissioner to become a bum slave and then when you are so degraded by them you then have get it once again up the backbencher by the backbenchers...

Also take into consideration that Irish people are lazy when it comes to defending our country against corruption and oppression so how do you think that people are actually going to take some responsibility in the running of the country when it means they have to leave the comfort of their homes and stand in a cold school hall to bicker between each other of how the few bob should be spent in the local community........

It's a big rant, but there is possibly some light at the end of this tunnel... We now have the internet and the general population of younger generations are becoming accustomed to having to make decisions that expand outside of their local village. Along with the internet we now also have phone in shows like The X-Factor, I'm a Celeb etc.... where your phone call can make a difference and we have things like Facebook and Politics.ie where we can at the click of a mouse can connect to people all over Ireland and even the rest of the world.... This behavior will inevitably lead to some form of Direct Democracy in the future but the big question is can we speed this process up but more importantly can it be done in such a way that it is easy for the end user to take part and feel like once again he/she has some sense of worth in this failing society...

I think the way forward is to have a website, somewhat but not too much like politics.ie where the general public can offer ideas or policies that can then be rated up or down or modified by all of the other users in all sections of government and and common law and for the voting of politicians to end and only have voting of ideas...
All of this of course should be done in spite of the government and if enough people are registered and actively taking part then there will be no choice in the matter to transfer the power to the people...
We are an extremely intelligent country and if anyone can do it then we can...

There is a downside to this for people of wealth in the fact that the ordinary people will find it only fair that everybody is entitled to, private transport, housing, and enough spending to eat well, go out for the few pints at the weekend and take the summer holiday with the family for the two weeks in the summer whereas the rich will want to store lots of cash in some offshore account just in case they will eventually become immortal and will need spending money to last them the rest of eternity.......

The Randomness Of Lemons

Cael

The reason they are herd animals is that they have been trained to be herd animals from childhood. Direct Democracy would be the breaking of that training and the coming of the Irish people into human adulthood.

But, I do find it strange that supporters of Direct Democracy would take part in a representational election - is that not like f-cking for virginity???

eoghanacht

The reason they are herd animals is that they have been trained to be herd animals from childhood. Direct Democracy would be the breaking of that training and the coming of the Irish people into human adulthood.

But, I do find it strange that supporters of Direct Democracy would take part in a representational election - is that not like f-cking for virginity???
It's a starting point Cael. You can only smash it from the inside.

Cael

It's a starting point Cael. You can only smash it from the inside.
Im afraid thats the mistake that the left always make. Once inside, the system smashes you - not vice versa.

Cassandra Syndrome

Direct Democracy will happen passively, as entire governments start imploding in a chain reaction of financial collapse. They are destined to go bankrupt and it will simply will be left to the people to run the country.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies