Discovering Ireland (Second Thread)

Round tower

Wonderfull summer solstice close to where Humbert landed in 1798, a brilliant photograpeher Angela is, she is from there but is now based in Limerick i believe. As a photgrapher of a sporting ocassions she is unbeliveable, great action photos

Emily Davison

The 'Fingal Independent', today. Elvis stories are always appearing in the press.

I hope an imaginative investor sees My Elvis Presley Story Museum as an excellent tourist attraction for Swords, or Dublin!

IMG_1354 (2).JPG
Have you lost weight Maurice? Is a Thai diet good? Or do you need some bacon and cabbage to put hairs on your chest!

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
Noting the hat with approval. One of my favourite social theories is that the world entered a period of uncertainty when men and women stopped wearing hats as a regular item.

There was a time when no one knew who the foreman was if they didn't wear a bowler hat. Porters, shipyard foremen.

Hats aren't just for days out at the races, y'know. Maurice there now is a fellow that suits a Panama.

Unless you are in a Graham Greene novel you always know where you are when chatting with a fellow wearing a Panama hat.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
I was at the races on Saturday, Maurice, and in between admiring the fillies in the paddock I did some middle-distance admiring of the fillies in the Grandstand.

Lovely sunny day, the ladies dotted about the sward like fabulous butterflies and looking very chic and elegant.

It would nearly distract you from the paddock and the changing odds.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
I wonder does anyone have any photos of the day out at the races at Fairyhouse, Punchestown or any point-to-points out in the country?

I asked Brearty S.J. down the country but he said he'd allow no camera near him as those infernal machines steal the soul.

ergo2

Hi Maurice
Enjoy this good weather, but stay out of the strong sun.
There may have been strong sunshine in Thailand, but you had good advice there from Tai.
Keep it between the ditches young fella

MauriceColgan

Website
www.irelandtoo.com
I am still preparing my Elvis Presley Story Museum items for the Irish media inspection. A lot of work as there are maybe thousands of things related to Elvis. Many of them with amazing stories.
One picture here gives a sample in pictures of the music that my family and I love. . IMG_1368 (2).JPG

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
*suspicious*... Maurice, and may I ask who was seated to your right and passing the decanter?

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
The thing that has been bothering me for months, Mr Colgan, is how to link the Elvis memorabilia and the guerilla gardening.

I must admit you have me stumped.

MauriceColgan

Website
www.irelandtoo.com
The thing that has been bothering me for months, Mr Colgan, is how to link the Elvis memorabilia and the guerilla gardening.

I must admit you have me stumped.

Elementary dear Lumpy. The extensive Graceland gardens contain a number of oak trees and their acorns are sold to and gathered by visiting Elvis fans. Early morning visitors can see Elvis's grave free of charge. Maureen planted red roses there, back in 1999. There is a potted and dwarfed oak tree in my back garden :) for a long time. 1562017741009.png

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
Aha. There could be bits of Mr Elvis growing everywhere around the world. Which isn't a bad thought with which to start the day.

MauriceColgan

Website
www.irelandtoo.com
Thanks Lumpy"Elvis Presley is the greatest cultural force in the 20th century... He introduced the beat to everything and he changed everything--music, language, clothes, it's a whole new social revolution--the Sixties come from it."

--Leonard Bernstein, 1966 ( TIME Magazine)

That is WHY we need my Elvis Presley Story Museum in Ireland to prove we are really Cultured. :)IMG_1380 (2).JPG

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
You wouldn't be up to the Colgans and their social influencing. Wouldn't. Be. Up. To them.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
And for anyone who pooh-poohs that statement above I'll have you know that I spent over £700 yesterday on a Squier Vintage 72 electric guitar and a combo amp and speaker.

I'd been thinking about it a while and suddenly yesterday felt compelled to do it.

Now I think I know why. Jayze. Only dawned on me. Could be worse I suppose. Could have been going on about Fast Eddie, the drummer from Motorhead. The living room would have been right out of bounds for good.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies