Discovering Ireland (Second Thread)

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
That's the first time I've heard of a museum visiting a fan. Murther. The man is getting away with murther, y'know.

Emily Davison

What's the necklace you have on Maurice. I must say you always dress so dapper. Maureen would be so proud.

And I agree with you about the buses. I expect green buses. It makes it feel like I'm really coming home.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
It is strange, isn't it? In London people became very anxious at the demise of the Routemaster bus, the classic red chap where you could hop on and off the platform at the back.

Don't know how other members of the diaspora feel but there's something nice about green buses in Dublin and elsewhere. Why change something good, relevant, symbolic just for the sake of change.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
Commander Maurice there. Has anyone else noticed how he seems to have no problem at all being surrounded by the ladies at home or abroad. You wouldn't be up to him. Would. Not. Be. Up to him.

MauriceColgan

Website
www.irelandtoo.com
Thank you, Emily x and, Lumpy. Very much appreciated.
The necklace I am wearing Emily is an image of Maureen on our wedding day 26th September 1959. Laser engraved on stainless steel, in Thailand.

RTE1 'Today' TV camera zoomed in to it very close, I was delighted.

Now now Lumpy I am a well known ladies man on or off our lovely green buses in Dublin, or the very regular Baht buses in Thailand. IMG_0700.JPG

A campaign to have green buses only, in Ireland, should be launched by someone with good access to the media ,and Polithickians. :)

Emily Davison

That's really sweet Maurice. I suppose you're the type of husband never forgot a birthday or anniversary. My hubby is brill too. If we go to Thailand, and we intend to, I'll get a necklace like that I think. I have an old faded photograph of him on my dressing table from a time he visited me when I was working in Brooklyn that I must replace if I can find the negative. It's in Trump Tower that we visited at the time while wandering in Manhattan.

Lumpy I think those hop on hop off buses must be fantastic. But in these health and safety days they are consigned to history. Nobody is able to be responsible for themselves any more.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
Oh yes, forgot about that! One thing I've always found peculiar is that in London and other major cities you quite often see jammed commuter tubetrains and overground trains on commuter routes with people pressed up against the doors and bent into awkward shapes...

You could actually go to jail for transporting animals in that way. Humans though, sure grand... the only area as far as I am aware where animals have greater protection under the law than humans.

Popular Threads

Most Replies