• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Disgusting Nanny Statism Fron The Irish Medicines Board!

FrankSpeaks

Have you tried sudocrem?

pandora

I have no issue with the IMB but object to the medicine/pharmacy rip off we experience If access to EU priced medicines is hindered by the role of the IMB then it should be shut down.
I don't think we need to shut down the IMB, but there should be a system that allows products that have already been approved in other EU counties to be sold here. The is the point of having a common market, to allow a small country to have the benefits of being part of a large market.
I am happy to trust a product that has been approved in the UK or Germany or another EU country by their equivalent of the IMB, especially products like Lanacane that have been sold here for years. I don't feel any more reassured if it is also approved by the IMB here.

Disillusioned democrat

The problem with the IMB is that it's too big and has to keep people busy, so it goes past it's real remit (patient safety) and into nannyism.

Ireland has an obsession with making rules and lads that can never be enforced, but keep many, many people gainfully employed in the process....the Dail being the primary example, it will debate ad nauseum and make rules knowing full well we don't have the resources to enforce them, and then target people who obey these rules for tax while people who ignore the rules make a killing.

blokesbloke

I use an over the counter preparation as I get a friction rash from excessive walking on my thighs and ass cheeks! AH! It is extremely painful when it happens!:oops:
I discovered a cream which was brilliant - Lanacane which also contained a coolant and was highly effective when applied to the area after the complaint had nmanifested itself or when used as a pre emptive measure! It really helped me a lot!
Then it was taken off the Irish market as the coolant was considered an anestheitc! So I was left with using it in powder form - no thanks or using the Lanacane anti-chaffing gel!
I took the latter and tried to use it preemptively and as I'm over in the UK at the mo, I was doing much more walking about than usual! My ass was red raw after day 1, the gel had not worked! I went to Lyolds in Manchester today where my old life saving cream is freely available over the counter (as it used to be in Paddyland) and for roughly 40% of the price in our great little country!
I also asked about Oxytetracycline antibiotics which are long term anti-biotics used in the treatment of skin complaints and which have been oddly delisted here (I said it to a physician back home and she was extremely surprised!)! Guess what, available on prescription in the UK!
I remember the health foood stores going balistic over the removal of St John's wort!
Basically what are these IMB clowns at?
Is the pharma industry dicktating something here?
BTW my ass cheeks are becomming beautiful again!:p
Hmmm I've found the anti-chafing stuff to be reasonably helpful but not fantastic - I've never seen the kind of Lanacane you are referring to - can you tell the exact name of it please (via PM if we're not allowed to discuss commercial products here?)

Being a larger gentleman I found chafing to be a problem when I go on long walks, which I have to do to try and stop being such a large gentleman!

dizillusioned

Hmmm I've found the anti-chafing stuff to be reasonably helpful but not fantastic - I've never seen the kind of Lanacane you are referring to - can you tell the exact name of it please (via PM if we're not allowed to discuss commercial products here?)

Being a larger gentleman I found chafing to be a problem when I go on long walks, which I have to do to try and stop being such a large gentleman!
May I refer the honourable gentleman to post 56?.;)

blokesbloke

That's mad.
Hope your ass is feeling better. ;)

Regarding the oxytet antibiotics, the mad thing is they are freely available for us farmers for animal use.[/QUOTE]

I can see a lucrative sideline for Drummed here...

General Urko

LANACANE - Anaesthetic Cooling Cream Medication!
It's wonderful stuff either as a barrier cream or to heal the complaint!
I have in my early days with this problem tried Sudocream and it is not that effective, plus there's the stink and sudocream if overly applied can seep through your pants and make you a total laughing stock!

googolplex

If you want to take low dose aspirin for it's general health benefits, you need a doctor's script and it will cost roughly 9 euro a month. You can buy it over the counter up north for roughly 2 euro for a months supply. Likewise you cannot buy it online due to restrictions.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies