Disillusioned with FG

wombat

In fairness, the abortion referendum was the "will of the people" - what bothers many, myself included, is the level of obsession Harris has adopted as if lack of abortion was the only real issue with the health service all along.
Harris is a pleasant individual but he's absolutely devoid of beliefs. his sole interest is in the "game" of politics in the sense of getting re elected, cutting deals and especially remaining onside with the current popular issue, the original reed shaking in the wind.

A REASON

Harris is a pleasant individual but he's absolutely devoid of beliefs. his sole interest is in the "game" of politics in the sense of getting re elected, cutting deals and especially remaining onside with the current popular issue, the original reed shaking in the wind.
Harris is a freak! Just like most blueshirts, he has this creepy look about him. There's nothing pleasant about them.

venusian

Worse! He is an inept clown proven clown in Health(trollies anyone?) and along with the rest of his useless FG cronies needs to be dumped from politics a.s.a.p.

SPN

Worse! He is an inept clown proven clown in Health(trollies anyone?) and along with the rest of his useless FG cronies needs to be dumped from politics a.s.a.p.
To be replaced with whom?

Degeneration X

Harris is a freak! Just like most blueshirts, he has this creepy look about him. There's nothing pleasant about them.
There is definitely something off about him. He's like a 90 year old man in a young guys body but can't quite shake off the old man mannerisms.

ergo2

That is up to yourself but to vote for a party who has still elected members who have being convicted of terorism ofences both in NI and the Republic, who have supported people who have murdered members of our civil servents.
So would be happy with Dessie Ellis a minister of justice, a possible SF candidate who refused to condem the murder od a member of the GS, i would vote for no one rather than give SF anything higher than a vote that will count in a election.
I agree with you on that

Robyn30

I am thinking of in no particular order- Heather Humphreys, Mary Mitchell O'Connor and Josepha Madigan. I don't want to sound sexist but the three of them are dire Ministers in my opinion. There are other men and women in the PP who would do a much better job as Ministers than them. And I believe not having Fergus O'Dowd in the Government is a big mistake.
How predictable that you'd choose these three. Don't forget Regina Doherty.. and Zappone! get rid of all the women sure. Acknowledging the sexist optics of your statement doesn't make it any better. Only worse to be honest.
How you could choose some of these over the man overseeing the housing crisis is baffling.

Robyn30

There is no gender quota when it comes to Government but anyway Helen McEntee and Kate O'Connell would be good (for Fine Gael anyway) as Ministers and much better than Heather Humphreys and Josepha Madigan.
Would love to see O'Connell in the cabinet but they consider her too outspoken and she doesn't get along with Leo

DJP

How predictable that you'd choose these three. Don't forget Regina Doherty.. and Zappone! get rid of all the women sure. Acknowledging the sexist optics of your statement doesn't make it any better. Only worse to be honest.
How you could choose some of these over the man overseeing the housing crisis is baffling.
You sound like the Disability Student poster (that's a username on this site)- seeing wrongs where there are none.

I don't think that there is anyone who would do much of a better job in Housing than Murphy at the moment and I don't think that Regina Doherty and Catherine Zappone are doing a bad job.

So you can stick your alleged sexism of me up your arse.

SPN

Would love to see O'Connell in the cabinet but they consider her too outspoken and she doesn't get along with Leo
Crazy Kate?

Are you nuts?

Robyn30

You sound like the Disability Student poster (that's a username on this site)- seeing wrongs where there are none.

I don't think that there is anyone who would do much of a better job in Housing than Murphy at the moment and I don't think that Regina Doherty and Catherine Zappone are doing a bad job.

So you can stick your alleged sexism of me up your arse.
Yawn..

Nesuno

I would have voted FG in 2002,2007 ,11 and a second preference in 2016 but I cant see myself voting for them again because of the following reasons.

1) No real reform of HSE
2) Housing crisis-nothing radical going on here
3) Highest mortgage bank rates in EU
4) Escalating Insurance costs-buck is passed to regulator on a regular basis here.
5) One of the highest Childcare costs in OECD

On a personal note -Harris cant run an efficient constituency operation which makes me wonder what he can run.

I have little faith in FF to sort any of the above ether.
I was under the impression that the above is FG 101. Why are you surprised? They and their supporters are elitist Tory vermin.

Is it that you just realised that you didn't quite cut the grade? That you are just not they're sort of people? That you've realised that you have been relegated to the level of exploitable commoner, just like the rest of us plebs?

flavirostris

He's the slimiest individual I've ever seen in Irish politics and I'm including Fianna Fail in that. The way he shirks his responsibilities in Health by focusing solely on the abortion issue should be a national scandal if we had a media fit for purpose.

I watched about 5 seconds of his slimy self-serving speech to the Seanad on the abortion legislation and had to switch the channel because of the creeping nausea.

All the fake emoting about 'finally delivering for the wimmin of Ireland'. And this is a guy who wrote to his constituents in 2011, assuring them of his anti abortion credentials.

He's a total huckster and fraud but don't expect to hear the media calling him out on it, because he's delivering on their agenda.

Corruption, pure and simple.

Polybius

He's the slimiest individual I've ever seen in Irish politics and I'm including Fianna Fail in that. The way he shirks his responsibilities in Health by focusing solely on the abortion issue should be a national scandal if we had a media fit for purpose.

I watched about 5 seconds of his slimy self-serving speech to the Seanad on the abortion legislation and had to switch the channel because of the creeping nausea.

All the fake emoting about 'finally delivering for the wimmin of Ireland'. And this is a guy who wrote to his constituents in 2011, assuring them of his anti abortion credentials.

He's a total huckster and fraud but don't expect to hear the media calling him out on it, because he's delivering on their agenda.

Corruption, pure and simple.
Harris has all the rich liberal women around his finger. He really knows how to play them.

wombat

Harris has all the rich liberal women around his finger. He really knows how to play them.
Which is fine as he plays to his constituency just as the Healy Raes, Mattie McGrath, Lowry all play to theirs but just because he's more acceptable to the liberal media, doesn't mean he's any more suitable to be a minister than the others.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies