Disillusioned with FG

Polybius

Would love to see O'Connell in the cabinet but they consider her too outspoken and she doesn't get along with Leo
Kate O'Connell is a loudmouth and a crackpot. Her main ambition seems to be to build a family dynasty. Nepotism is rife with the O'Connell clan.

Reactions: SPN

Baron von Biffo

How predictable that you'd choose these three. Don't forget Regina Doherty.. and Zappone! get rid of all the women sure. Acknowledging the sexist optics of your statement doesn't make it any better. Only worse to be honest.
How you could choose some of these over the man overseeing the housing crisis is baffling.
When people are chosen for ministries on the basis of their sex rather than their ability it shouldn't surprise us when they're not good at the job.

Paddy{ie

Varadkar looks like not extending the deadline in the Siteserv enquiry. Surprise surprise. These ticks feed off the electorates money.

Shpake

Probably his energies are taken up by the Brexit thing.

Robyn30

When people are chosen for ministries on the basis of their sex rather than their ability it shouldn't surprise us when they're not good at the job.
Ironically, this is the issue Ireland has suffered with for most of its history... just opposite to the way you think it has.

Shannon73

I would have voted FG in 2002,2007 ,11 and a second preference in 2016 but I cant see myself voting for them again because of the following reasons.

On a personal note -Harris cant run an efficient constituency operation which makes me wonder what he can run.

I have little faith in FF to sort any of the above ether.
It's the ETHER dat does it! Hard to be awake after a dose of that stuff. It'll lose its effect gradually.

A litle late in catching up with posts.

Robyn30

But of course. How could I have been so blind. Millennia of choosing ministers on the basis of ability has the country shagged.
Ireland was choosing ministers based on ability in the 20th century?? You sure about that? Lol. Doesn't explain how a demographic of 50+% was absent from the table for 60 years.

michael-mcivor

New Fine Gael Donegal Councillor Frank McBreaty has left Fine Gael this morning amid bulling claims and he claims he was hounded out a few days after getting elected-

bells of shando

Varadkar looks like not extending the deadline in the Siteserv enquiry. Surprise surprise. These ticks feed off the electorates money.

The story of Ireland.Pretend you are having an enquiry. The appointed Barristers, Lawyers and Judges know the script, more time more exorbitant fees in their pockets.The Public becomes bored and the report is forgotten and gathers dust on a shelf.
Politicians are off the hook.
Enquiries/Tribunals are not meant to have a real conclusion. It is a political fudge system ,designed to get Politicians off the hook.
The Legal fees are a form of bribery ,which ensures the right result is forthcoming.
It is a game and the taxpayer picks up the tab

the secretary

New Fine Gael Donegal Councillor Frank McBreaty has left Fine Gael this morning amid bulling claims and he claims he was hounded out a few days after getting elected-
Good enough for FG and Joe mc Hugh.
Joe was well warned by the FG membership in the Finn Valley that this would end in tears.

SuirView

He's the slimiest individual I've ever seen in Irish politics and I'm including Fianna Fail in that. The way he shirks his responsibilities in Health by focusing solely on the abortion issue should be a national scandal if we had a media fit for purpose.

I watched about 5 seconds of his slimy self-serving speech to the Seanad on the abortion legislation and had to switch the channel because of the creeping nausea.

All the fake emoting about 'finally delivering for the wimmin of Ireland'. And this is a guy who wrote to his constituents in 2011, assuring them of his anti abortion credentials.

He's a total huckster and fraud but don't expect to hear the media calling him out on it, because he's delivering on their agenda.

Corruption, pure and simple.
I'm not a FG'er but can you explain the "Corruption" you posted about?
Thanks

SuirView

The story of Ireland.Pretend you are having an enquiry. The appointed Barristers, Lawyers and Judges know the script, more time more exorbitant fees in their pockets.The Public becomes bored and the report is forgotten and gathers dust on a shelf.
Politicians are off the hook.
Enquiries/Tribunals are not meant to have a real conclusion. It is a political fudge system ,designed to get Politicians off the hook.
The Legal fees are a form of bribery ,which ensures the right result is forthcoming.
It is a game and the taxpayer picks up the tab
When are you going to explain how your poll was so wrong?
Are you still too ashamed to explain it?

LISTOWEL MAN

He's the slimiest individual I've ever seen in Irish politics
Gerry Adams

- covered up rape / incest
- was arrested questioned RE abduction torture murder
- told his own niece to sign a court injunction
- let a paedophile have access to children
- knew about a bank robbery
- told sex abuse victim they sometimes "enjoy" it
- refused to call slab murphy what he is (scum)

Pyewacket

Christ almighty. And on what basis do you think our Oirish political geniuses were chosen before?

culmore

why did FG want McBrearty in their party , Jim Higgins stood up for his family and got the Morris enquiry going , when McBrearty won his case he entered politics but joined Labour no thanks for Higgins helping him and his family, he then went Independent and just before local elections joined FG. Big mistake by Minister Joe McHugh if it was him who forced his application through

Most Replies