• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Disillusioned with FG

bells of shando

When are you going to explain how your poll was so wrong?
Are you still too ashamed to explain it? 'quote'.

My poll re-inforces the fact that elections and referendums in Ireland are rigged. The results bore no connection to opinion on the ground.

SuirView

When are you going to explain how your poll was so wrong?
Are you still too ashamed to explain it? 'quote'.

My poll re-inforces the fact that elections and referendums in Ireland are rigged. The results bore no connection to opinion on the ground.
Can you explain why you believe "that elections and referendums in Ireland are rigged"?

bells of shando

Can you explain why you believe "that elections and referendums in Ireland are rigged"? 'quote'.

For starters we will begin with the Media.
In a Democracy all candidates are expected to have equal exposure on media to state their case.
This did not happen with the Govt controlled RTE. Independents were denied representation on political debates and only registered Parties were allowed, Peter Casey was an exception for some reason ,probably because he is an ineffective stooge.

Newspapers were similar and gave little exposure to Independents ,except to vilify some.
The mechanics of vote rigging , I have already covered,
Our present electoral system is based on trust, A commodity that has no place in an electoral system.
No ID is required and no connection can be made between a living person and a ballot paper. Voter registration rolls contain thousands of dead people, postal votes contain thousands of people who have long left the country.
Chain of custody of ballot boxes is not open to independent verification and is the remit of the sitting Govt.
This allows interference with ballot boxes or switching with pre-prepared boxes.
No election or referendums in Ireland in the past 50 years can be trusted in such a 3rd world electoral system.
Without verification at every stage of an electoral process ,there is no validity.

Last edited:

Polybius

In fairness Fine Gael have done a decent job at protecting their base i.e. heavily subsidised and idle farmers, overcharging legal and medical professional types, Dublin soccer Moms who employ semi-slave domestic labourers, landlords, and of course millionaire pensioners who continue to get ridiculous freebies like free travel while minimum wage workers pay through their hat for public transport.

redneck

Fine Gael have more millionaires than any other party. They are the party of cronyism and nepotism. It has always been that way with them. Today Charlie Flanagan retweeted a diatribe from Ruth Dudley Edwards. Ruth is a crony of Charlies so is ok- in his mind. The tweet attacked S.F. There are delicate talks going on at the moment to get Stormont back up and running. Not helpful if you ask me. But typical F.G cronyism in action.

brughahaha

Fine Gael have more millionaires than any other party. They are the party of cronyism and nepotism. It has always been that way with them. Today Charlie Flanagan retweeted a diatribe from Ruth Dudley Edwards. Ruth is a crony of Charlies so is ok- in his mind. The tweet attacked S.F. There are delicate talks going on at the moment to get Stormont back up and running. Not helpful if you ask me. But typical F.G cronyism in action.
FG - Castle Catholics with some unionist sympathies ...ever thus
More terrified of Irish nationalism than they are of Communism

wombat

Fianna Fáil pioneered cronyism in Ireland,
It goes back at least as far as the Irish Parliamentary Party and if you confine it to those involved in politics, it was rife during the Irish Parliament's existence.

SuirView

It goes back at least as far as the Irish Parliamentary Party and if you confine it to those involved in politics, it was rife during the Irish Parliament's existence.
Are you "Disillusioned with FG"?

Ardillaun

Despite a litany of errors and an utter failure to reform so many archaic practices, FG remains the least worst choice for voters who value half-decent economic management. The only viable alternative would be FF for those who aren’t chronically allergic. Martin is a decent enough lad - wish I could say the same about the rest of his crew.

On the other hand, were I renting some tiny kip in Dublin these days I’d be tempted by the most extreme parties available. The housing crisis in that city is a national disgrace.

bells of shando

Martin is a decent enough lad - wish I could say the same about the rest of his crew. 'quote'

Would that be the same Mehole Martin from a Cork Parish , who in a grovelling speech in the Dail, with Michel Barnier of the EU present , stated that Ireland should surrender its Sovereignity ,because it was an old fashioned idea.
The man is a traitor to Ireland and should be run out of town.

redneck

Despite a litany of errors and an utter failure to reform so many archaic practices, FG remains the least worst choice for voters who value half-decent economic management. The only viable alternative would be FF for those who aren’t chronically allergic. Martin is a decent enough lad - wish I could say the same about the rest of his crew.

On the other hand, were I renting some tiny kip in Dublin these days I’d be tempted by the most extreme parties available. The housing crisis in that city is a national disgrace.
All of the F.G plans will be scuppured if there is a no deal Brexit in October. All of the careful FFg spin about FF supporting FG because of Brexit will be shown to be "ráiméis".

wombat

All of the F.G plans will be scuppured if there is a no deal Brexit in October.
Reminds me of the great quote from Marx "These are my principles, if you don't like them, I have others"

galteeman

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies