Dissident republicans - someone please explain

QuizMaster

Website
www.quizmatic.com
Republican SF, the 32 County Soveriegnty Committee, R.I.R.A, C.I.R.A.

What others are there?
What is the difference between them?
Which "army" is affiliated to which party?

TheBear

How long have you got...? :roll:

Cael

CIRA and Sinn Féin are not dissidents from anything. They are The Republican Movement.

QuizMaster

Website
www.quizmatic.com
They are certainly dissidents from the will of the people, in election after election.

What mandate is there except the will of the people?

Kevin Doyle

QuizMaster said:
They are certainly dissidents from the will of the people, in election after election.

ho hum, are you agenda setting?

quirk

Website
www.southarmagh32.blogspot.com
QuizMaster said:

To be a dissident Republican would mean that you have dissented from Republican principles. It is the provos who are the dissidents.

QuizMaster

Website
www.quizmatic.com
Okay I'll rephrase the question.
Let's call them the various different groups calling themselves republicans.

quirk

Website
You could try their websites.

rsf.ie and 32csm.org

These will explain what these organisations stand for.

EastGalway

QuizMaster said:

What others are there?
Just give it time and you'll have them on here, coming out with something like this:

SCREAM SCREAM SCREAM - KICK YOU IN THE SHINS - SCREAM - MAMMY, THEY'RE CALLING US 'DISSIDENTS' AGAIN. SCREAM! WHY WON'T THEY LISTEN. WE'RE NOT 'DISSIDENTS' BUT TRUE REPUBLICANS. WE'RE THE TRUEST OF THE TRUEST, SO THERE! SCREAM! WE DON'T EVEN SHARE SWEETS WITH NON-REPUBLICANS. WE'RE EVEN THE GOVERNMENT OF THIS COUNTRY, IF YOU HAVEN'T NOTICED. DUH!

WE'RE NOT DISSIDENTS AS DISSIDENTS DON'T HAVE SPOTS. IF YOU CALL US 'DISSIDENTS' AGAIN, WE'LL CALL YOU SOMETHING WORSE.

I WAS A TRUE REPUBLICAN AND VOTED AGAINST THE DECISION TO DROP ABSTENTIONISM BEFORE I WAS EVEN BORN.

I'M CONTRIBUTING TO THE WAR EFFORT BY TRYING TO WIN MORE TOY SOLIDERS BY PLAYING 'HOOK-A-DUCK' AT THE LOCAL FAIR.

DISINGENUITY AND BOWDLERISE

janepaisley

QuizMaster said:

What others are there?
the other one is sf, its army is the pira

the rsf and 32 csm are basically fundamentalists, sf used to be fundamentalists but caught themselves on

Wolverine

On a related issue, what's the attitude of RSF and 32CSM to the Real IRA, or what's left of it at this stage.

If I remember correctly there was a lot of fingers pointed around the time of the Omagh bomb at the 32CSM.

Jomo Kenyatta

The so-called "dissidents" who favour continued armed militancy are the contos (RSF and cira) and the rira. The contos inhabit a fairy-tale world of glorious defeat and blood sacrifice, in a pre-civil war groundhog day.
The present-day rira have been described by Mickey McKevitt, their former OC, as nothing more than a criminal gang, riddled with agents.
The irresponsible buffoons who direct both organisations are blind, deliberately evasive, to the realities of warfare in the post 911 world. Neither organisation enjoys sufficiant support to sustain a viable campaign; they can't hope to train or equip personnel adequately to survive in combat. They have no democratic or moral justification for continued armed militancy, so their persistance must be motivated by something other than genuine Republican idealism, i.e. Brit orchestration and profiteering. The recent rira adoption of UDA pipebomb tactics would fit this scenario perfectly.

janepaisley

Jomo Kenyatta said:
They have no democratic or moral justification for continued armed militancy, so their persistance must be motivated by something other than genuine Republican idealism, i.e. Brit orchestration and profiteering. .
or obsessive fundamentalist nationalism

quirk

Website
The present-day rira have been described by Mickey McKevitt, their former OC, as nothing more than a criminal gang, riddled with agents.
Yes he said this in an attempt to win favour with the free state government, in an attempt to get early release.

The irresponsible buffoons who direct both organisations are blind, deliberately evasive, to the realities of warfare in the post 911 world.
You know them personnally then.

Neither organisation enjoys sufficiant support to sustain a viable campaign; they can't hope to train or equip personnel adequately to survive in combat
How can you possibly know this? Anyone who supports them would not make a habit of telling everyone, and none of us can know their capabilaties.

They have no democratic or moral justification for continued armed militancy
"the IRA needs no political mandate, it derives its mandate from the precense of the British in the six counties" GERRY ADAMS

Kevin Doyle

QuizMaster said:
Sorry, I'll take back my pro-democratic remarks, I now realise they may offend some.
You asked a question so you could knock down the answers with your own opinion.

That is agenda setting.

Do you want to spin or debate?

joemomma

Kevin Doyle said:

That is agenda setting.

Which question? Was it this one: "What mandate is there except the will of the people?"

Is that not a valid topic for debate?

Kevin Doyle

joemomma said:
Kevin Doyle said:

That is agenda setting.

Which question? Was it this one: "What mandate is there except the will of the people?"

Is that not a valid topic for debate?
No, this one. Dissident Republicans-Please explain

QuizMaster

Website
www.quizmatic.com
The info is available alright, but I would prefer to hear the "streetwise" version.
And maybe also some debate.

I am seeking to understand. I grew up in Dublin and now work in Northern Ireland and am trying to figure out what the hell is going on.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies