Dissident republicans - someone please explain

Worldbystorm

merle haggard said:
[quote="Jomo Kenyatta":1bgrup50]Merle, the rira are shyte and do nothing but hinder the development of the 32CSM; and further the Brit cause in the process. How you can fail to see that, I don't know.
There's no point preaching to me about SF as I'm not a member and the only alternative at the polls is Gerry McGeough. He might be a looper, but at least he's non-violent. You fall into the trap of "what's the alternative?" Nobody will be listening if you develop one, unless the rira have ceased operations.
Reality sucks but there's no escaping it.
you dont know what you are talking about so stop pretending you do

Right enough I've never seen one meself in all my travels. I think they may be springing up in people's living rooms in Dundalk or somewhere.
I was in one in Dublin on Saturday . I was in another in Derry a few months ago . I expect to be in a few more quite soon .[/quote:1bgrup50]

That's a bit harsh. So far his analysis of the prospects of anti-GFA Republicanism appear fairly spot on. Why is he pretending when he takes a position and you aren't when you take one? Why doesn't he know what he talks about, and why should one believe you do?

As for the inexorable rise of the 32CSM. Well...nah... don't think so.

A couple of meetings over two or three months. Hardly the most active of political schedules, now is it?

Still we'd know better if it contested elections...

Slartibuckfast

Website
www.5wwwww5.com
merle haggard said:
I'll be surpried if O'Bradaigh's men get more than 1% of the total vote in the Stormont elections.

and what about the Independent candidates ? Peggy OHara , Hyland , McGeough , Martin Cunningham ?
None of them as far as I know support more war so I hope those that do don't take any votes they get as an excuse to carry on pretending that the Irish people want one.

Seamus

Website
monaghan32csm.blogs.ie
That's a bit harsh.
Hardly.

No one claimed that the rise of the 32CSM was inexorable but you'll see maybe if you want to that we are getting stronger and more support but you can say what you like as our support or potential support will know considerably better than yourself.

And where did that get the workers party?Your social policies were frowned at rural areas that , well are pretty much a sizeable population of the country and the wp took an infinitely more snobbish approach than most others to people with opposing opinions.

The reasons we have stated in our opposition to elections have nothing to do with levels of support because if we did go the electoral route and went constituitional we'd have the same splits,principle shedding etc that the provos and wp had.

I havent or as far as i know any other republican called anyone a troll etc who debates with us on policies or anything else in a reasonable fashion without spluttering on with some form of agenda.
In the fullness of time we will see whos trolling and who isnt?

merle haggard

That's a bit harsh. So far his analysis of the prospects of anti-GFA Republicanism appear fairly spot on. Why is he pretending when he takes a position and you aren't when you take one? Why doesn't he know what he talks about, and why should one believe you do?
because he doesnt even live in Ireland . Id say his inside knowlege of "dissident" republicanism is limited to what he reads in the paers . Hes also made a number of assertions that plainly are not true .

As for the inexorable rise in the number of people who care what you think...

A couple of meetings over two or three months. Hardly the most active of political schedules, now is it?
you clearly think all thats happened is a few meeting s in the last couple of months ?

know what better ?

Jomo Kenyatta

Merle, I do live in Ireland; I just didn't at the time of our conversation. I already posted that fact weeks ago. How would I have seen the RIR in cookstown the other day, were they in the newspaper?
You can attempt to demonise all that disagree with you, or issue veiled threats like bogwarrior, but that does nothing to advance your cause. Your statement extolling the "campaign" of the rira was pure mindless optimism too, given that none of the operations resulted in more than minor inconveniance to the enemy. Do you know how much damage an RPG warhead does to the front of a building? **** all that can't be repaired in a couple of hours. The rira and conto campaigns are a hopeless sham and should be stopped immeadietly. It is a logical conclusion that there must be a raison d'etre for such pointless continuance. Your posts about military strategy illustrate the fact that it is you that doesn't have a clue, I'm afraid. But then again, you probably have as much combat experience as one of my neighbour's sheep.

janepaisley

merle haggard said:
Lets just pretend the numerous mortar attacks , tunneling into British army bases to plant bombs and whizzing that RPG 22 into Vauxhall bridge never happened .
and don't forget the rira paying a teenage thug to beat up an old man, denis bradley, in derry.

these dissy-dents are just anti social criminals, lock them up with the bullroots

Jomo Kenyatta

All organised criminals should be dealt with, irrespective of their flags of conveniance.

Bogwarrior

janepaisley said:
merle haggard said:
Lets just pretend the numerous mortar attacks , tunneling into British army bases to plant bombs and whizzing that RPG 22 into Vauxhall bridge never happened .
and don't forget the rira paying a teenage thug to beat up an old man, denis bradley, in derry.

these dissy-dents are just anti social criminals, lock them up with the bullroots
:lol: You seem to know more than Dennis Bradley.
He has never claimed his assaillant was a teenager, and has never claimed the RIRA PAID someone to beat him. In fact he has never even claimed any particular group attacked him. Nor has the Crown Forces who investigated the attack. Nor even the media. I seriously doubt any group would have to pay someone to slap Bradley, when there are so many in the community people who'd do it for free.
If you're going to invent black propaganda, at least mix the lies with some truth to make it slightly credible.

janepaisley

Bogwarrior said:
You seem to know more than Dennis Bradley.
He has never claimed his assaillant was a teenager, and has never claimed the RIRA PAID someone to beat him. In fact he has never even claimed any particular group attacked him. Nor has the Crown Forces who investigated the attack. Nor even the media.
If you're going to invent black propaganda, at least mix the lies with some truth to make it slightly credible.
here you go, have a read and find out for yourself.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/4266340.stm

and death threats from rira http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/3117918.stm

cowards and criminals or what ?

Jomo Kenyatta

Jane Paisley,
one of the usual suspects will now accuse you of being; a former Kincora worker, an SF member, or MI5 agent. Anything to avoid actually dealing with the issues.

Corcaigh33

I suspect Jane Paisley of being from the 6 counties - reference "caught themselves on" with regard to SF - a very Northern phrase.

Other than that - as I don't know the lady - you can't presume anything.

Jomo Kenyatta

Corcaigh33 said:
I suspect Jane Paisley of being from the 6 counties - reference "caught themselves on" with regard to SF - a very Northern phrase.

Other than that - as I don't know the lady - you can't presume anything.
If that is in referance to my post above, I was merely outlining the usual strategy of rira supporters when confronted with uncomfortable realities. They consistantly attack the messenger when they can't counter the message.

Slartibuckfast

Website
www.5wwwww5.com
"We got it too soon, the Provos got it too late, and Ruari O'Bradaigh will never ****in' get it!"

Cathal Goulding

Jomo Kenyatta

Slartibuckfast said:
"We got it too soon, the Provos got it too late, and Ruari O'Bradaigh will never ****in' get it!"

Cathal Goulding
If they locked it up the rira might try and steal it.

janepaisley

Jomo Kenyatta said:
Jane Paisley,
one of the usual suspects will now accuse you of being; a former Kincora worker, an SF member, or MI5 agent. Anything to avoid actually dealing with the issues.

whew, they can call me what they like, as long as its not a politician :lol:

The desire to be a politician should ban you from ever being one.” billy connolly

Corcaigh33

Per my post in the "controlling areas" thread - does it matter why the dissidents are as they are and do we really need them explained???

In fairness, republican dissidents are peripheral to proceedings and will remain so in all likelihood.

Henry Joy

janepaisley said:
the rsf and 32 csm are basically fundamentalists, sf used to be fundamentalists but caught themselves on
rsf and 32 csm members of the Pentecostal church? :shock: Or are they Islamic fundamentalists searching for Salman Rushdie's hideout in Broughshane? Your second sentence is unfinished; what did SF catch themselves on - did they rip their jumpers? Will they get new ones from the government? And which government would that be? Does it have anything to do with the second Dail :?

st333ve

copped on/caught themselves on/copped onto themselves :roll:

Henry Joy

I know st333ve. I've run out of things to do around the house. :)

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom