Dissolving The Euro

gleeful

Moral hazard is one. Then there is the risk that one country will get bored paying for another country and either leave or force the other country out, thus calling into question the status of Euro instruments issued by either country, causing more chaos, and requiring even more money printing.
That was a risk in the early days of the US Dollar too - but it worked out in the end.

Socratus O' Pericles

I was thinking of going out for coffee, is that advisable?

YouKnowWhatIMeanLike

No more of a loon than the folks who thought that the euro was a great idea, got all their forecasts wrong, and created a permanent financial crisis in Europe.
quite a few people got wealthy in the process though. the 3+ trillion euro went somewhere after all...

Last edited:

YouKnowWhatIMeanLike

It was previously on schedule every day since 2011. Any day now.
the Euro as we knew it actually ceased to exist in 2012, but they haven't told us so yet I guess. they just gave it a last lifeline, a lifeline that doesn't seem to work anymore. once Le Pen takes leadership in France in May it's all down the drain.

gerhard dengler

the Euro as we knew it actually ceased to exist in 2012, but they haven't told us so yet I guess. they just gave it a last lifeline, a lifeline that doesn't seem to work anymore. once Le Pen takes leadership in France in May it's all down the drain.
2012 was Fiscal Compact year?

Is there a French movement to restore their own currency?

I do agree that 2017 has the probability of opening up a very serious fault line as regards the Eurozone and the European Union project.

I think Rensi will lose the referendum in Italy in December 2016.
I think it's probable that LePen at 40% rating will beat Hollande who is currently at 4%.

As I said political will is about the only thing which is keeping the Eurzone currency alive. It might well be the case that some sort of Eurozone remains intact whereby it will have less member countries, if it doesn't disintegrate completely.

YouKnowWhatIMeanLike

2012 was Fiscal Compact year?

Is there a French movement to restore their own currency?

I do agree that 2017 has the probability of opening up a very serious fault line as regards the Eurozone and the European Union project.

I think Rensi will lose the referendum in Italy in December 2016.
I think it's probable that LePen at 40% rating will beat Hollande who is currently at 4%.

As I said political will is about the only thing which is keeping the Eurzone currency alive. It might well be the case that some sort of Eurozone remains intact whereby it will have less member countries, if it doesn't disintegrate completely.
yep by voiding the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union they have killed the Euro v1.

Monetary unions which do not have political union eventually will fail, just a question of time. it seems we have reached the end of the line certainly with LePen pulling France out of the EU indeed.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies