DIY abortions in Ireland

Mar Tweedy

So, people take the lives of others every day through other means, since that happens we should just shrug our shoulders and say nothing I can do? You are basing the right to life on laws, it is legal so it must be right. Interesting stance.
If abortion is unlawful killing, then it follows that women who have abortions are engaged in unlawful killing, right? So do you think they should be punished for unlawful killing and if not, why not? and if you do, then how would you punish them?

Last edited:
Last edited:
As it is impossible for the male of the human species to get pregnant, they have no right to any part of this debate. So feck off, or come back when you are pregnant.
O dear, this argument is so old and discredited that I have not even heard any pro-abortion people use it in a very long time. Seriously is that the best you can do? At the very least try and defend abortion, say it is good, say it is bad, say something. This is a topic that affects the entire human race and therefore the entire race has a say. By the way more women are pro-life than men, interesting huh?
Yes Liamfoley Mr. Mysogynistic Idiot. This argument is as old as the problem and the problem is unwanted pregnancies, and duh, women have been getting pregnant since Eve got us all thrown out of the Garden of bleedin' Eden for eating an apple! We even get blamed on that one. Started early, didn't it, blaming women for everything.

I can just picture you now, shaking your head and tut tutting as they find another young woman bleeding to death after an illegal abortion. Oh how horrible, the poor woman, you'd say and off you would go on your merry way feeling so superior and good and holy and "cleansed" because this is the one "sin" you cannot commit. You cannot abort your pregnancy. The fact that you cannot become pregnant would never enter your idiot mind, would it? No!

If a woman wants to have an abortion, that is her business, between her, her doctor and her God, and in this country, also the law. So we export our problems as usual. It has sod all to do with you or any man.

As for your last bark at me that "most women do not want abortion" of course they don't you fool. Because they are either not pregnant, are well past their sell by date, want to get pregnant, are pregnant or cannot get pregnant. It's the women who get pregnant who do not want to be pregnant that abortion is for. So why the hell would another woman approve of it if she didn't need it? Ask her when she needs it and you'll get a different response, I can guarantee.

Now why don't you and your neanderthal male colleagues shut up, like I said, and come back when you get pregnant. Like, never! It's none of your business.

Red_93

Since I'll have my e-head eaten off by Laz, I won't partake in this debate. All I'll say is that it is awful that someone would have to endanger their own life to perform what should be a relatively safe and simple medical procedure. Shame.

Cato

Yes Liamfoley Mr. Mysogynistic Idiot. This argument is as old as the problem and the problem is unwanted pregnancies, and duh, women have been getting pregnant since Eve got us all thrown out of the Garden of bleedin' Eden for eating an apple! We even get blamed on that one. Started early, didn't it, blaming women for everything.

I can just picture you now, shaking your head and tut tutting as they find another young woman bleeding to death after an illegal abortion. Oh how horrible, the poor woman, you'd say and off you would go on your merry way feeling so superior and good and holy and "cleansed" because this is the one "sin" you cannot commit. You cannot abort your pregnancy. The fact that you cannot become pregnant would never enter your idiot mind, would it? No!

If a woman wants to have an abortion, that is her business, between her, her doctor and her God, and in this country, also the law. So we export our problems as usual. It has sod all to do with you or any man.

As for your last bark at me that "most women do not want abortion" of course they don't you fool. Because they are either not pregnant, are well past their sell by date, want to get pregnant, are pregnant or cannot get pregnant. It's the women who get pregnant who do not want to be pregnant that abortion is for. So why the hell would another woman approve of it if she didn't need it? Ask her when she needs it and you'll get a different response, I can guarantee.

Now why don't you and your neanderthal male colleagues shut up, like I said, and come back when you get pregnant. Like, never! It's none of your business.

ne0ica

In an age where nearly most contrception has been legalised in Ireland, how is it these idiots are fathering children and getting pregnant. There is no excuse for the high number of abortions.

Radix

What has that to do with loons describing an embryo as "an unborn child " ?
Dust down your King James Bible there Cruimh, and read the bit which says;

"Before you were formed in the womb, I knew you."

That would seem to suggest that God ascribes pre-eminent rights before conception, never mind before birth.

If life is a seamless garment, then why would anyone want to tear it up?

A culture which kills it's own children, mistaken altruism aside; before they are even born, is a culture of death!

And that can't be good!

Cato

That would seem to suggest that God ascribes pre-eminent rights before conception, never mind before birth.

A culture which kills it's own children, mistaken altruism aside; before they are even born, is a culture of death!

And that can't be good!
Please don't tell me your making an argument based on the authority of the Bible. Forgive me if I discard it as the nonsense it is. Try to follow Liam's example and steer clear of the mumbo-jumbo.

Cruimh

And that can't be good!
We can swap quotes to the cows come home.

Did you read that article I linked yesterday ?

Abortions are a fact of life.

Better that they be done as safely and as early as possible.

Half Nelson

And so begins yet another abortion thread....

Women have sought to terminate pregnancies probably for as long as there's been women. There should be safe means of doing so.
An appeal for the persistence of ignorance - a blissful outlook.
Some of us wish to aim a little higher.

Cato

An appeal for the persistence of ignorance - a blissful outlook.
Some of us wish to aim a little higher.
Careful when you take aim that you don't miss the messy realities of people's lives. Also remember that Utopias often always seem to end in tyranny.

Radix

We can swap quotes to the cows come home.

Did you read that article I linked yesterday ?

Abortions are a fact of life.

Better that they be done as safely and as early as possible.
Well my dear Cruimh, if pre-birth abortions are a fact of 'life', (surely you mean death), then there will be no cows coming home, and that right quick!

jimwin

Surely our sense of moral values are derived from our capacity to empathise with others?

Half Nelson

Careful when you take aim that you don't miss the messy realities of people's lives. Also remember that Utopias often always seem to end in tyranny.
Don't you mean people's deaths?
And the tyranny has arrived - take a look at the death toll.

Cato

Well my dear Cruimh, if pre-birth abortions are a fact of 'life', (surely you mean death), then there will be no cows coming home, and that right quick!
Why do you keep putting in the tautologous 'pre-birth' before the word abortion? Is it an eccentricity, or are you hedging against there being a disciple of Peter Singer in the audience?

Cato

Don't you mean people's deaths?
And the tyranny has arrived - take a look at the death toll.
Life/death - it's all part of a whole. (Remember I'm a Stoic; we try to regard death with indifference.)

I normally understand tyranny to be the absence of freedom or in a political sense to describe a form of government but you seem to be operating to a different understanding so I'm afraid that I missed your point.

Half Nelson

Life/death - it's all part of a whole. (Remember I'm a Stoic; we try to regard death with indifference.)

I normally understand tyranny to be the absence of freedom or in a political sense to describe a form of government but you seem to be operating to a different understanding so I'm afraid that I missed your point.
Spare us the Disney nonsense. It's easy to be detached and indifferent about the deaths of strangers.

The essence of tyranny is the oppression of the weak and helpless; it's the philosophy of the bully. Abortion is the exact fulfilment of that philosophy.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom