DIY Budget tool from NYT: Can we have something similar for Ireland, please?

bprob

The New York Times creates some excellent interactive features on its website, and has just published a tool for readers to weigh up options for cutting the American budget deficit by 2015 and 2030. Each cut you make allows you to see the real projected effect on the deficit.
The first link brings you to the explanatory article.
This second link brings you to the tool itself.

such a tool would be useful in an irish context, i feel.
anyone here have the ability to set something like this up? i don't think the irish newspapers are capable of thinking this laterally!

the article actually refers to the american deficit not being as bad as the irish one!
And $400 billion is a significant sum. It will be equal to more than 2 percent of the country’s economic output in 2015 — half of the Pentagon’s annual budget and more than half of Medicare’s. Yet it is still much smaller, as a share of the economy, than the deficits that have hobbled Greece and Ireland.

(mods: i placed this in economy forum because i was interested in how the different scenarios would affect ireland if applied here, rather than US politics to see what people think of the american options)

Bobert

That fixes the budget deficit, what about the national debt?

bprob

That fixes the budget deficit, what about the national debt?
in about 40 years, we will have a surplus, (i know that is a term with which most people here are no longer familiar), and we can start paying the debt:D

Bobert

And what'll the debt be then?

bprob

Bobert

The Yuan, probably.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies